+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it me, or is it getting increasingly difficult to get to night games?

Is it me, or is it getting increasingly difficult to get to night games?

Happened once again last night.
    Left home at 18.35.I come in from the north and my favoured rat-run starts by going UP the A470.That was gridlocked. Got off at the Coryton roundabout and tried the route in via Llandaff North. That too was one long tail-back.
    Cut across Whitchurch Common to use Western Ave - and once again was immersed in the snarl-up because of the lights by Tesco Extra (what a stupid place to put a s-market and other outlets with one exit onto a major thru route, Cardiff planners).
    Spent most of the time in traffic looking at the dash-board clock.
    Arrived at CCS, with five minutes to spare, in a right mood.
    That was just the start of a rotten night's "entertainment".
    And we all know the traffic situation is going to get much worse!

Re: Is it me, or is it getting increasingly difficult to get to night games?

Traffic was unusually heavy last night everywhere. I was running a bit late and went down Rectory Rd in Canton to see if I could get a place in Chapter car park. It's usually busy with cars coming from both directions having to squeeze in and out of parked cars. Last night about 20 yds from the entrance to Chapter the place just came to a standstill. Fair enough but 10 minutes later people were just sitting in their cars staring out expecting a big giant hand to come and pick them up. I got out and told a couple of old fellas to move up a bit closer, another one to go back into a space - all in all it took 20 odd minutes to get onto Cowbridge Rd. I think they'd still be there sitting in their cars this morning if I or someone else hadn't bothered to do something.

Haven’t tried driving to canton in years. If I drive I just park in town and walk the 25 mins.

Seems that’s all we’ve had since the new year is night games at ccs, I’ve had a ****ful of the light show too during men of harlech

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Seems that’s all we’ve had since the new year is night games at ccs, I’ve had a ****ful of the light show too during men of harlech
    Agreed, got home just after midnight after having to wait three quarters of an hour at Cardiff Central for a train which didn't turn up.

There was an accident Southbound on A470 last night about 6pm which causes a few tailbacks, but no m ore than 10 minutes when i went through, I think it had just occurred.

Left Cwmbran. Got to the outskirts of Cardiff. Flat tyre. Decided best option was to head back home.
    Watched the drivel in the House

Coryton was closed after the game with no mention prior to the game.

Right here right now also p. isses me right off.
    What has that song got to do with cardiff.
    Should play i"ll be there

I was home in the warm with hot drinking chocolate at 22.05.
    No complaints about the return journey.
    I think the answer for me is to take the car to Llandaff Station. 5 mins to Central (no traffic issues) and then a 20 min walk to the ground - which I do every game from Clive Road anyway - or maybe even the bus to CCS.

I can't get home to Taunton by train after the night games - unless I am happy to arrive home in time for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't get home to Taunton by train after the night games - unless I am happy to arrive home in time for breakfast.
    It's all 'me' with you, ain't it, mush?
    'I' this; 'I' that - well, all 'I' then
    Anyway, I thought you was spreading the virus in Italy...

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Coryton was closed after the game with no mention prior to the game.

Right here right now also p. isses me right off.
    What has that song got to do with cardiff.
    Should play i"ll be there
    I got caught by the J32 closure too. That's a massive arterial connection to close at 10pm, so much traffic flows through there. The diversion was ridiculous. It capped a crap night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I got caught by the J32 closure too. That's a massive arterial connection to close at 10pm, so much traffic flows through there. The diversion was ridiculous. It capped a crap night.
    Travelling down decided against going round coryton roundabout looking at the queue and the radio saying there were loose sheep? !
    Got stuck by Tesco western avenue then too
    On way back felt really pleased with myself nice quiet drive home down the a4232 then after joining m4 see a sign about j32 closure. Don’t think any mention of it on 4232 but Has they done could’ve gone back llantrisant way.
    Not sure what diversion there was but I carried on to Cardiff gate then back up manor way. Right pissed off topped off the night!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's all 'me' with you, ain't it, mush?
    'I' this; 'I' that - well, all 'I' then
    Anyway, I thought you was spreading the virus in Italy...
    Italy is meant to be a week tomorrow but instead of watching Inter and Atalanta (and their games may be played behind closed doors) I am working on Plan B: 3 German football games and 1 ice-hockey game or 2 x 2 of that combination.

it is getting worse ,the lack of an effective public transport system is an issue and in simply pushing folk into their cars ,I have winter evening games , and the council should consider their strategy as they build more on more houses ,bike lanes .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think a note to the club excusing you from evening games is allowable

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Luckily I was running late last night and missed the light show and first 5 minutes of the game. Just a shame there wasn't more traffic causing me to be a further 85 minutes late.