+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I did not know that...

I did not know that...

Re: I did not know that...

I think the 0-2 home defeat in the top of the dungeon clash against Burnley was on the palindromic 29-2-92. 16,000 crowd that day, massive for those times.

Thanks for this, I had no idea Cadburys do a Barry Island bar.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think the 0-2 home defeat in the top of the dungeon clash against Burnley was on the palindromic 29-2-92. 16,000 crowd that day, massive for those times.

Yes a huge crowd, and a lot of expectation we were going to get to the Play Offs, but we missed out. Went up as champions the following year though.

Either side of that, we've played 16 games on Feb 28th and 14 games on March 1st.

There's a curious Burnley link to March 1st - we played them at home on that date in 1991 and 1994, winning both. Funny that in 1992 we should play them the day after Feb 28th for the 2nd successive season and lost!

Between 1975-1994, we played on St David's Day 7 times in 20 seasons. The last time we played on March 1st was in 2008; a dismal 1-0 defeat at home to Leicester, famous for a swirling wind and spectacular Darren Purse volley.