+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Positives from today..

Positives from today..

After we looked dead and buried, showed some excellent fighting qualities.
    Brentford had a lot of the ball especially in the first 25 minutes but our lads stuck at it.

The crowd showed it's displeasure on a number of occasions but instead of sulking, they got on with the task and could have won the game if the referee hadn't been so blinkered.
    Also Joe Ralls excellent today and getting stronger.

A draw probably a fair result in the end and those around us struggled too.

On the whole, much more to be buoyed about, especially after the Stoke Nottingham games.

Re: Positives from today..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Brentford had a lot of the ball especially in the first 25 minutes but our lads stuck at it.

The crowd showed it's displeasure on a number of occasions but instead of sulking, they got on with the task and could have won the game if the referee hadn't been so blinkered.

On the whole, much more to be buoyed about, especially after the Stoke Nottingham games.

Proper striker on the field in the second half and we would have won that.
    Very good battling qualities when 2-0 down although conceding early goals is becoming a bad habit

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Agree with that..

Ralls and Vaulks could be a really dynamic combination in midfield, but I don't want to see Bacuna playing in the holding role again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ralls and Vaulks could be a really dynamic combination in midfield, but I don't want to see Bacuna playing in the holding role again.
    Vaulks has got better with every game He's played. That Brentford side have been lauded by all and sundry this season and he and Ralls matched them.

Also Vaulks's long throws, which I know people are not fond of, are much more of a threat.

on the whole ...paterson is not an option up front

Difficult one we look very ordinary with very little imagination, yes we can battle, positives, ???

Positives -

Vaulks although he should have been sent off, had a very good game.

Nice to see Joe Ralls back and getting a goal.

We scored an excellent 1st goal which shows we can play decent football.

Sanderson had another decent game

Showed excellent character to come back from 2-0 down.

Maybe not through great play but we caused them a lot of problems at the back, particularly 2nd half and probably should have won the game.

Negatives

Conceded the 1st goal again with shocking defending and gave them a 2 goal start without actually doing much.

I thought Glatzel should’ve started today. I’m getting a bit fed up of seeing Pato starting up front. He’s an impact sub for me.

Negatives... we can't pass a ball properly to save our lives

Positives... that was a lot of fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought Glatzel should’ve started today. I’m getting a bit fed up of seeing Pato starting up front. He’s an impact sub for me.
    I thought Glatzel was one of the better performers against Forest so disappointing to see him replaced in starting line-up. Patterson or Glatzel should be given starting job for a run of games with Ward the better impact sub rather than going back to rotating between three.

Lots of positives from yesterday, great entertainment, it had almost everything, players coming back off the ropes and fighting spirit being displayed, worse referee in the league combining with an abysmal lino on the Bob bank side, crowd engagement and plenty of talking points in the pub afterwards!!!!!
    Much more than we've had from recent performances, in reality were showing relegation form 2 points from 12, however I'm hopeful we can build on that performance yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I thought Glatzel was one of the better performers against Forest so disappointing to see him replaced in starting line-up. Patterson or Glatzel should be given starting job for a run of games with Ward the better impact sub rather than going back to rotating between three.
    I agree with the principle and I also agree with Glatzel being dropped was a surprise, perhaps he was carrying a knock?

Ward has done well off the bench.

It is good to have options though.