+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The players Harris has brought in..

The players Harris has brought in..

He has brought in a few decent signings to be fair.
    Adomah has done very well so far.
    Sanderson is a cracking young player who has improved our team..
    On current showing i'd be happy to sign Adomah in the summer if the price was right.
    Maybe wolves won't want to sell Sanderson but the lad is enjoying life in the capial so maybe he will return on loan?
    Another good thing to come out of the Sanderson signing is if he does well then Wolves might be happy to send other good young players to us..
    Not many teams wanted to loan players to warnock but hopefully Harris will change that view..

Re: The players Harris has brought in..

Adomah is 32 so doubt if we'll go for him on a permanent deal, I think he has a year to go on his Forest one and they want him off the books already. I expect Mendez-Laing will be fit by then, if he ever is. Sanderson has done well though and anyone is better than Jazz Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Adomah is 32 so doubt if we'll go for him on a permanent deal, I think he has a year to go on his Forest one and they want him off the books already. I expect Mendez-Laing will be fit by then, if he ever is. Sanderson has done well though and anyone is better than Jazz Richards.
    Not sure of his wages but maybe there could be an agreement with Forest for another loan

As for Adomah, Forest fans will be volunteering to supply the pen for him to sign a contract with us. I think he’s done OK but you can see that his legs have gone. The pace that he used to have is gone. I would hope he is NML short term injury cover only. If we do sign him I think it will be an indication of how low our ambitions have sunk.

I like Sanderson and would like him to be part of our team going forward. However, I don’t think he is ready to give up a place in the set up of a good Premier team just yet. I think today was only his second league game ever. We can’t be impressing him too much so far.

Smith from Bournemouth. Are we ever going to find out if he is any good or not ? Is he ever going to get his backside off the subs bench ?

Smith is obviously way off the pace as he should he playing by now (perhaps carrying an injury niggle ). Jury still out ?

Sanderson looks a bright fresh young talent very confident, I doubt we could produce anyone from our academy that could come in and play as he does ,good loan spot.

Adomah is calm and good with the ball at his feet , settles others down with his experience, nice passer , brings team mates into play , yes his pace has slowed though ,good temporary signing .

Adding to his signings ,impressed by his ability to improve and pick Nelson, Tomlin, Smithies and Vaulks thats been an added bonus .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Smith is obviously way off the pace as he should he playing by now (perhaps carrying an injury niggle ). Jury still out ?

Sanderson looks a bright fresh young talent very confident, I doubt we could produce anyone from our academy that could come in and play as he does ,good loan spot.

Adomah is calm and good with the ball at his feet , settles others down with his experience, nice passer , brings team mates into play , yes his pace has slowed though ,good temporary signing .

Adding to his signings ,impressed by his ability to improve and pick Nelson, Tomlin, Smithies and Vaulks thats been an added bonus .
    I like the look of Sanderson, raw talent and potentially he could develop into a decent player, if we could sign him either permanently or a season long loan I think he would benefit from this as well, 100 percent improvement on Richards.
    Albert is decent, but unless he was signed as cover, as a squad player I wouldn't want to have to rely on him for next season as our first choice..

We are going to need 3-4 decent young hungry loan players in next year if we're not going to spend,

Above has been very good for City. Virtually ignored under Warnock

Adomah has done well for us, but he'll be 33 at the end of this year. Despite all his good positioning and close control, his legs can't take him past a player, in the way you'd want someone to who is playing his position. We can't be sentimental on this if we are to move away from the ageing/slow philosophy of Warnock.

Harris giving these boys a chance is like having a bunch of new signings, if you like they come with no baggage.

Add to these his proper signings, Adomah and Sanderson, he has definitely improved the team and our football as a spectacle has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Adomah has done well for us, but he'll be 33 at the end of this year. Despite all his good positioning and close control, his legs can't take him past a player, in the way you'd want someone to who is playing his position. We can't be sentimental on this if we are to move away from the ageing/slow philosophy of Warnock.
    I agree. It's nothing against the boy because it's something that can't be helped, age.

33 is fairly old for a Centre Back, let alone a winger.