+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two things....

Two things....

1) We hear all this stuff about Harris trying to move on from Warnock's style of play....
    So how come, every (and I mean EVERY) City kick-off, still the ball goes back, only to be punted to the upfield to the right wing - just like Warnock decreed.

2) Anyone else notice that when Brentford had a corner all (and I mean ALL) our players were back in our half and most if not all were in our penalty area. This meant that all ten of theirs were also in our half and most if not all were in our penalty area. Was this to lure them upfield so as to break out quickly?

Ha Ha!

Call me bonkers, but surely if only one City player was left up field for their corners (say Adomah), that would mean they would have to defend with a couple of theirs also upfield, thus reducing the opposition numbers attacking in our half.

I think I read that in Football Strategy for Dummies - Beginners Edition.

What was Harris thinking here?

Beats me.

Re: Two things....

Brentford did the same at corners but I do agree with your point, particularly with players like Hoilett or Murphy who would offer no help in the box for corner and would be better served as an outlet for a clearance.

The kick offs were a frustration today but I do think we are at least trying to play a more positive style of football. He’s definitely trying to utilise the full back in an attacking sense, although he missed a sitter, Bennett would never have been in that position under Warnock.