+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff and Brentford in entertaining draw, but it's not the result either of them wanted.

Cardiff and Brentford in entertaining draw, but it's not the result either of them wanted.

Re: Cardiff and Brentford in entertaining draw, but it's not the result either of them wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "I’m afraid that’s what comes of having a previous manager for whom sophistication meant having a slice of lemon with your cod and chips."

Classic !

Regarding Brentford's transfer policy I seem to think they've spent a considerable amount on players though spread fairly evenly throughout the squad - unlike City who splashed large sums on a handful of players to supplement an exiiting squad with limitations. After their 2 goals we defended well, as Brentford buzzed about the edge of our pelanty area looking for the opportunity to put a cross in from the by line or get a shot in. Inevitably we hit a brick wall at the other end which is not to say Brentford's back four looked that great, but we always have to retreat, and then get some space to launch a cross in.

For me, the Managers' job is broadly 30% playing style, tactics, 70% recruitment & selection. The signs for me is that this time round we've maybe got the latter bit right..

Re: Cardiff and Brentford in entertaining draw, but it's not the result either of them wanted.

Another great read , thanks mate

Decent read that Bob.

I have to say that Hooper was as infuriating for us as he was for them, but regarding the centre forward jumping with the keeper and him penalising the CF no matter what is the worst bit about his decision making.

Unless the forward has his elbows splayed wide using them as "leverage" the play should be allowed to continue, especially as the keeper has the advantage that he can use his arms, fists and elbows in such situations.

There was a superb goal scored by Haller for Wist Em yesterday against Southampton where the exact same thing was rightly let go by the ref with the forward bravely jumping and scoring brilliantly from the second ball.

These types of decisions have gone against us this season and I agree with you that Paterson's style of play doesn't do him or us any favours and one reason I think that Glatzel should return.

As I said, a good read but I feel duty bound to mention that your turn of phrase regarding the ex-Arsenal manager is inappropriate.

I'm not 100% sure of my facts but I am absolutely convinced that hooper made a serious error in previous championship match not just the Watford thing last season. As you've looked up our record with him as ref did you come across / remember it? I certainly had that strong 'oh no it's hooper' view when i found out it was him yesterday and not just because of Watford. I've certainly convinced myself he is anti Cardiff rather than just incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of my facts but I am absolutely convinced that hooper made a serious error in previous championship match not just the Watford thing last season. As you've looked up our record with him as ref did you come across / remember it? I certainly had that strong 'oh no it's hooper' view when i found out it was him yesterday and not just because of Watford. I've certainly convinced myself he is anti Cardiff rather than just incompetent.
    He refereed the home league game against Reading

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    There is a snobbery that has worked its way into football and it's got worse ever since the premiership and Sky have been involved.

The officials are monitored and chosen by people who have a lot of power in how the game is played and which direction it is taking. What the officials should be allowing or not allowing is imparted not only by these people but the pundits that we see all too frequently passing judgement on our screens.
    This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact.

Unfortunately, our reputation for our style of play and our profile in general does not suit the agenda.
    I believe that Hooper did yesterday what others have done before him, he made decisions based on what he believes is right, based on this "coaching".

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Decent read that Bob.

I have to say that Hooper was as infuriating for us as he was for them, but regarding the centre forward jumping with the keeper and him penalising the CF no matter what is the worst bit about his decision making.

Unless the forward has his elbows splayed wide using them as "leverage" the play should be allowed to continue, especially as the keeper has the advantage that he can use his arms, fists and elbows in such situations.

There was a superb goal scored by Haller for Wist Em yesterday against Southampton where the exact same thing was rightly let go by the ref with the forward bravely jumping and scoring brilliantly from the second ball.

These types of decisions have gone against us this season and I agree with you that Paterson's style of play doesn't do him or us any favours and one reason I think that Glatzel should return.

As I said, a good read but I feel duty bound to mention that your turn of phrase regarding the ex-Arsenal manager is inappropriate.
    I was going to say I should be grateful that I didn't put the words over and all the other way around, but it doesn't really make much difference does it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Whttp://www.ccmb.co.uk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5052342orcester View Post
    Matches refereed by Simon Hooper;-

This season
    Cardiff 2 Brentford 2
    Cardiff 1 Reading 1
    18/19
    Cardiff 1 Watford 5
    Leicester 0 Cardiff 1
    17/18
    Cardiff 3 Burton 1
    Cardiff 2 Fulham 4
    Cardiff 2 QPR 1
    16/17
    Brentford 2 Cardiff 2
    15/16
    Cardiff 3 Brentford 2
    QPR 2 Cardiff 2
    14/15
    Coventry 1 Cardiff 2
    12/13
    Blackburn 1 Cardiff 4
    Millwall 0 Cardiff 2

Don't see anything too bad in that lot apart from yesterday.

This season
    Cardiff 2 Brentford 2
    Cardiff 1 Reading 1
    18/19
    Cardiff 1 Watford 5
    Leicester 0 Cardiff 1
    17/18
    Cardiff 3 Burton 1
    Cardiff 2 Fulham 4
    Cardiff 2 QPR 1
    16/17
    Brentford 2 Cardiff 2
    15/16
    Cardiff 3 Brentford 2
    QPR 2 Cardiff 2
    14/15
    Coventry 1 Cardiff 2
    12/13
    Blackburn 1 Cardiff 4
    Millwall 0 Cardiff 2

There’s no vendetta against City, he’s just a poor ref. He didn’t give City much yesterday but also some decisions went against Brentford including the incident where Vaulks was very lucky not to be sent off.

How he is on the premier league amazes me!

This season
    Cardiff 2 Brentford 2
    Cardiff 1 Reading 1
    18/19
    Cardiff 1 Watford 5
    Leicester 0 Cardiff 1
    17/18
    Cardiff 3 Burton 1
    Cardiff 2 Fulham 4
    Cardiff 2 QPR 1
    16/17
    Brentford 2 Cardiff 2
    15/16
    Cardiff 3 Brentford 2
    QPR 2 Cardiff 2
    14/15
    Coventry 1 Cardiff 2
    12/13
    Blackburn 1 Cardiff 4
    Millwall 0 Cardiff 2

No agree. Must be my memory but I was convinced there was an outrageously bad call against us somewhere in there. Still he was useless yesterday!!!

I was going to say I should be grateful that I didn't put the words over and all the other way around, but it doesn't really make much difference does it!
    Indeed. Utter filth!