I'm not patriotic, being born in wales was the easiest thing i've ever done, i don't see myself as any different to any other person who has to graft from any part of the UK. My country of birth doesn't come into it, it doesn't matter. I find the over zealous flag waving embarrassing wherever someone is from and the parochial stereotypes trotted out by the media and lapped up by people who seem to think that they have to behave in a certain way is a bit defeatist if we're looking to progress and change certain perceptions about Wales.

Wales is quite a poor country, it has never recovered from the decimation of heavy industry and manufacturing and successive governments on all sides have done little in order to create real jobs for people in the poorest areas. Education levels aren't great either, plenty of bright, young hopefuls have to leave Wales in order to realise their ambitions.

What would make me proud is well paid jobs and hope for the young people of this country, real investment, excellent education and training and better infrastructure. If all else fails i suppose i can wave my flag.