+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Being Welsh

Re: Being Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If this is referring to me keep me out of it, I think he's hilarious and clearly pissing about
    I think it's clear, it's there for anyone to read.

Banned

If this is referring to me keep me out of it, I think he's hilarious and clearly pissing about
    Exactly.... whereas Dembe is completely serious in everything he posts. Seen something similar to this on another forum and that ended up in court. Not sure if Dembe realises where this sort of thing may end up.

http://kellywarnerlaw.com/uk-defamation-laws/

Sleep well tonight Dembe.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Exactly.... whereas Dembe is completely serious in everything he posts. Seen something similar to this on another forum and that ended up in court. Not sure if Dembe realises where this sort of thing may end up.

http://kellywarnerlaw.com/uk-defamation-laws/

Sleep well tonight Dembe.
    Ah yes, I'm not pissing myself laughing while watching Billions and eating cheesecake, I'm definitely serious and shitting my pants.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Ah yes, I'm not pissing myself laughing while watching Billions and eating cheesecake, I'm definitely serious and shitting my pants.
    Watching Billions, eating Cheesecake, and posting here. Those talents will not go to waste inside.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Watching Billions, eating Cheesecake, and posting here. Those talents will not go to waste inside.
    Multitasking. It's the woman in me.

The Welsh's favourite topic is 'The Welsh'. Pretty much everything the Welsh media, Assembly, etc., discusses has an element of 'look how different we are from England/the English. And I'm a Welshman. I suppose it's a small-nation mentality..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Welsh's favourite topic is 'The Welsh'. Pretty much everything the Welsh media, Assembly, etc., discusses has an element of 'look how different we are from England/the English. And I'm a Welshman. I suppose it's a small-nation mentality..
    I think it is

As long as we beat the English song by the english football team supporting kelly jones of the stereophonics , a plastic leeds fan

But hes a proud welshman mun

I have lived in both countries and the people don't strike me as being as different as some people would like. A red line on the map is severely overcooked as defining characteristics and Wales is not the only part of the UK that hasn't fared well economically.

In wales , rugby has a cultural resonance and importance that goes way beyond what it's like in other countries ( what about New Zealand? )*

It's SO embedded in our DNA as a nation ( that's your opinion )

Kevin Brennan , Cardiff West MP*

What a complete load of rubbish , I like rugby but it's so far up it's own arse its unbelievable*

He goes on to say that it helps identify us as a nation which in other words means if you are on holiday in holland and some local says ahh welshman, you like rugby !, then that means everything else means jack shit*

Thank you mr brennan for telling me what it means to be welsh , thank u BBC wales for those stupid trailers , praise the lord

In wales , rugby has a cultural resonance and importance that goes way beyond what it's like in other countries ( what about New Zealand? )*

What a complete load of rubbish , I like rugby but it's so far up it's own arse its unbelievable*

He goes on to say that it helps identify us as a nation which in other words means if you are on holiday in holland and some local says ahh welshman, you like rugby !, then that means everything else means jack shit*

Thank you mr brennan for telling me what it means to be welsh , thank u BBC wales for those stupid trailers , praise the lord
    Whenever I travel abroad further than Europe it's football I use to identify us as a nation.

"Where are you from?"

"Wales"

"Wayls?"

"Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale"

"Aaaaah Wales!"

is a conversation I'm sure many of us have had when thousands of miles from home. Never "Dan Biggar"

Whenever I travel abroad further than Europe it's football I use to identify us as a nation.

"Where are you from?"

"Wales"

"Wayls?"

"Ryan Giggs, Gareth Bale"

"Aaaaah Wales!"

is a conversation I'm sure many of us have had when thousands of miles from home. Never "Dan Biggar"
    Indeed

But kevin brennan , an elected political representative , would have you think otherwise

**** em

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I find a lot about our country embarrassing yes , it's beautiful but to hear and listen to the complete crap coming from the media is cringeworthy

Most of us are welsh because our parents snagged here and no more

If my old man and old dear got it together in Devon I would be an exeter city fan

The biggest generalisations come from the media and from the outside image we as a country portray ourselves as

Someone saying I am proud to be welsh mun , whilst supporting an english football club like liverpool , makes a complete mockery of patriotism

There is just as much pride , and that's not a lot , in being from guildford or Norwich
    You are right about what you find cringeworthy, but why not try and be proud of the things Wales and its people have achieved?

To be fair the english are admired all over the world

Often wrongly as they colonised half the flipping globe

But the inventions , scientists , philosophers , writers etc that have come from england is staggering in number
    So are the ones who've come from Wales.

It seems trendy these days to go overboard on self-promotion.
    I prefer to take a more modest approach.
    Self praise is no praise.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Welsh sometimes conveniently forget that they participated in securing the British Empire. I call it 'Zulu' syndrome.......
    Th colonisation wasn't all bad, it had some good aspects for many people..

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Th colonisation wasn't all bad, it had some good aspects for many people..
    Yeah the British

Could national pride be quite a natural thing because identification and loyalty to local groups offered our ancestors evolutionary benefits? It may be something we can’t help feeling to some extent whether we like to admit to it or not.

I find a lot about our country embarrassing yes , it's beautiful but to hear and listen to the complete crap coming from the media is cringeworthy

Most of us are welsh because our parents snagged here and no more

If my old man and old dear got it together in Devon I would be an exeter city fan

The biggest generalisations come from the media and from the outside image we as a country portray ourselves as

Someone saying I am proud to be welsh mun , whilst supporting an english football club like liverpool , makes a complete mockery of patriotism

There is just as much pride , and that's not a lot , in being from guildford or Norwich
    You talk more about Liverpool/ Man Utd and Rugby than fans of same.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    You talk more about Liverpool/ Man Utd and Rugby than fans of same.
    Easy WUM angle

What else are the Senedd meant to talk about?

I will take your lifting of my post as a compliment

Keep it clean now theres a good lad , you cant undoe what has been embedded but you can move on from your faux pas

Here's looking at ya

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    You are right about what you find cringeworthy, but why not try and be proud of the things Wales and its people have achieved?
    Give me half an hour or so

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What else are the Senedd meant to talk about?
    I bloody well voted for that

And what do we get ?

Idiots like neil Hamilton and that ex city fan gareth Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have lived in both countries and the people don't strike me as being as different as some people would like. A red line on the map is severely overcooked as defining characteristics and Wales is not the only part of the UK that hasn't fared well economically.
    Spot on Mr Genie.

I will take your lifting of my post as a compliment

Keep it clean now theres a good lad , you cant undoe what has been embedded but you can move on from your faux pas

Here's looking at ya
    I notice you waited to reply

The attention drying up was it Nancy.