+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Being Welsh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Being Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The only time I can say I am patriotic in any way is when I watch the welsh national football team play

Most of the time I find a lot about wales very embarrassing, the annual binge drinking festival that is the six nations , the media overkill surrounding that event , the dreadful articles about ten things to be proud about to be welsh every weekend in the western mail newspaper all that crap about cool cymru, sexy welsh and social , the faux trendy media set , dreadful tv , radio wales

I love cardiff city though but only support them because my english father and half irish mother decided to have it off when my old man worked at BP chemicals port Talbot
    What is it about the Welsh and self esteem?

You find Wales and the Welsh embarrassing? Jeez, you're full of generalisations.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

You find Wales and the Welsh embarrassing? Jeez, you're full of generalisations.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

I've never understood the lack of confidence the Welsh have in ourselves as a nation. Thankfully that seems to be changing slowly, but its genuinely bizarre

I wish we were more like Ireland and Scotland in our self confidence as a nation

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've never understood the lack of confidence the Welsh have in ourselves as a nation. Thankfully that seems to be changing slowly, but its genuinely bizarre

I wish we were more like Ireland and Scotland in our self confidence as a nation