+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brains selling off 40 pubs.

Re: Brains selling off 40 pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    £3.50 upwards to £4.40 unfortunately , I love the cold version
    There was a time about 15 years ago that Callaghan’s bar had a happy hour from 9pm to 12pm with Guinness at a £1. It was truly amazing how many you could drink and fill the table with for after happy hour. Had some great nights with live bands too. Mgt of the hotel shut it down as it was too busy ffs....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There was a time about 15 years ago that Callaghan’s bar had a happy hour from 9pm to 12pm with Guinness at a £1. It was truly amazing how many you could drink and fill the table with for after happy hour. Had some great nights with live bands too. Mgt of the hotel shut it down as it was too busy ffs....
    Who shuts an establishment down because it's too busy? Perhaps you meant put an end to the Happy Hour prices?

The red dragon in Bridgend is also brains

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Who shuts an establishment down because it's too busy? Perhaps you meant put an end to the Happy Hour prices?
    No, the manager of the holiday inn, which it was part of by the river, wasn’t happy about it being so busy and near to the hotel or some nonsense.
    They closed it, did it out so make it feel less Irish style, no happy hour or live bands. Don’t know anyone who has been back......

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The red dragon in Bridgend is also brains
    Also in Bridgend are The Pheasant and The Two Brewers and I'm sure there's a few in Cowbridge and on the A48.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The Three Arches is just a standard -out of the packet food-Brains pub. The decor is like every other fit out that Brains do. How anyone can say that the food is good is beyond me. Rank standard. I'd rather do the spoons by the flyover.
    http://www.castellhowellfoods.co.uk/online-catalogues/

No, the manager of the holiday inn, which it was part of by the river, wasn’t happy about it being so busy and near to the hotel or some nonsense.
    They closed it, did it out so make it feel less Irish style, no happy hour or live bands. Don’t know anyone who has been back......
    Ah, yes!

I know the bar you mean now. Outside of events being held at the stadium, it wasn't really in an ideal location, a bit of a 'no-man's land" type of area. City centre pub dwellers would usually not come further west than Westagte Street.
    I actually drank in that bar quite a few times, unfortunately not when they had Guinness at a pound a pint!

As you said, they used to have some decent live music in there. I suppose with the hotel being directly over it, they must have had a few complaints from hotel guests, particulary if you can hear a drum and bass guitar at 2am!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ah, yes!

I know the bar you mean now. Outside of events being held at the stadium, it wasn't really in an ideal location, a bit of a 'no-man's land" type of area. City centre pub dwellers would usually not come further west than Westagte Street.
    I actually drank in that bar quite a few times, unfortunately not when they had Guinness at a pound a pint!

As you said, they used to have some decent live music in there. I suppose with the hotel being directly over it, they must have had a few complaints from hotel guests, particulary if you can hear a drum and bass guitar at 2am!
    We used to love the fact it was off the beaten drag so to speak, my mate worked there for a while, he used to bring over random trays full of drinks but would never take payment. Said he loved working there.

We used to love the fact it was off the beaten drag so to speak, my mate worked there for a while, he used to bring over random trays full of drinks but would never take payment Said he loved working there.
    NO WONDER IT’S SHUT

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    NO WONDER IT’S SHUT
    It made enough don’t worry.....it was rammed every Friday and sat