northern cant

Re: Warnock on sky sports

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Sorry if already posted

https://twitter.com/socceram/status/...620873217?s=21

Come on, who misses him?
    I do , yeah he overspent but he was exactly what we needed at the time

He was what we needed until he wasn't. Then he just became a liability. It's hard to say at the moment whether overall he did more bad or good for City.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He was what we needed until he wasn't. Then he just became a liability. It's hard to say at the moment whether overall he did more bad or good for City.
    Agree.

He was what we needed until he wasn't.
    Like a Rubber Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Sorry if already posted

https://twitter.com/socceram/status/...620873217?s=21

Come on, who misses him?
    Me

Me n all

He brought the club back together.
    When he came we were broken.
    The football may not be better, but behind the scenes definitely is

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    When you say it’s better behind the scenes, what do you mean exactly?

With the supporters mainly, I believe that our central goal is to support the team rather than factions who had more interest in fan v fan, fan v tan etc. This has definitely died down

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    When you say it’s better behind the scenes, what do you mean exactly?
    Dont be pedantic , you know what he means

Apart from the moaners the club feels a lot closer to the fans than it did under slade and trollope

Totally

Agree that he was what we needed initially but once he achieved promotion like many other clubs have done to survive we should have replaced him by Christmas with a Premier League Manager? After all Warnock has been in the Premier League with five different clubs and all have been relegated! Then he persuaded the board that he would get an immediate return if they gave him more cash, look what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dont be pedantic , you know what he means

Apart from the moaners the club feels a lot closer to the fans than it did under slade and trollope
    Did Warnock improve the scouting system? Did we bring through any local talent? Did our training facilities improve?

I saw him on Soccer Saturday last week as I was parenting. I'll admit he was entertaining and it's easy to see why he would've persuaded the thick (football wise) beauts that run the club in giving him mostly what he wanted.

With the supporters mainly, I believe that our central goal is to support the team rather than factions who had more interest in fan v fan, fan v tan etc. This has definitely died down
    I’d agree in terms of the support, but I asked the question because you said it’s better behind the scenes. To me, from the outside at least, the club itself doesn’t look any different now than it did before Warnock arrived. I don’t think he left any sort of legacy in terms of the way things are in the background.

I think he's a dodgepot with dubious politics who made some appalling signings but I'll always be grateful to him for providing one of my most enjoyable seasons and allowing the club to start again united after the rebrand

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I do , yeah he overspent but he was exactly what we needed at the time
    Sludge, he was exactly what we needed for one season to get us promoted. We then needed a proper PL manager, proven at that level, to take us forward.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Sludge, he was exactly what we needed for one season to get us promoted. We then needed a proper PL manager, proven at that level, to take us forward.

StT.
    <><
    Yes. Absolutely. Nailed it. Agreed.

The supporters are not exactly 'behind the scenes', are they? In fact, along with the first team players and manager, they are the most prominent and noticeable feature of any club.
    How we scout talent, negotiate contracts, training facilities and set up the various levels of squads from academy to first team etc, are what I'd consider behind the scenes.

No noticeable changes amongst that lot I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Nailed it. Agreed.
    Not forgetting he saved us from probable relegation under Trollope.

He was what was needed at appointment. Sorted out a shambles of a team. Got us promoted. Then the graph started declining. Poor recruitment mixed with failure to recruit in certain positions. Mackay twins- why.were they at the club ? Links to their father ? Unique Sports Management. U18s and U23s stagnating. Relegation. More poor recruitment. Turning against players he had recruited and not playing them. An unmanageable manager ? A legacy of an inadequate squad. Any regrets ? Yes, we should have got rid of him ASAP after relegation. Do I miss him ? - absolutely not.

His limitations were laid bare this season.
    He’s basically a poor man’s Mourinho - has an impact for a 18 months or so, then the rot sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    In October?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think Solskjaer or Slade would have saved us from relegation from October that season. Whether Trollope would have relegated us is another story too. Trollope's problem was trying to implement a passing game with players that weren't good enough. That sounds familiar!