+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock on sky sports

Re: Warnock on sky sports

Played the ‘little old Cardiff’ with a siege mentality card in the promotion season but that was all phoney and everyone knew it, we were as big and bigger than the majority of the division in bullying our way to promotion. Played the same card in the Premier League but this time he believed we were ‘little old Cardiff’, his previous Premiership experiences went before him. His whole body language changed, he’s just not a Premier League manager, he knows his limitations but his ego stopped him standing aside and letting us bring in an experienced man at that level. He couldn’t adapt in the way the likes of Sheffield United have this season, should have gone a lot earlier because as time goes on and things pan out at the club his standing and reputation among our fans will diminish. He gave us a great couple of seasons but he just couldn’t let go and we had nobody at the helm strong enough to push him.

How come eddie Howe has been deemed a premiership manager and warnock isn't?

Warnock was very unlucky with Sheffield United and us , some of the refereeing decisions we had were appalling and if they had gone for us we would have stayed up

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    In October?
    That side was going one place , division one

The way some people talk about Warnock shows a massive lack of class.

Yes he does some dodgy stuff - football is corrupt and people are out for themselves.

Some of his signings are a bit shit-show me a manager who hasn't got crap in.
    Fulham spent a fortune and
    He spent money- the success he brought to the club allowed the oppertunity to have this money.

Didn't play youngsters, the academy hasn't produced anything for years they aren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That side was going one place , division one
    I reckon if you asked Warnock to list his greatest managerial achievements, keeping us up in 16/17 would be nowhere - credit to him for bringing it out, but that squad was always too talented to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Played the ‘little old Cardiff’ with a siege mentality card in the promotion season but that was all phoney and everyone knew it, we were as big and bigger than the majority of the division in bullying our way to promotion. Played the same card in the Premier League but this time he believed we were ‘little old Cardiff’, his previous Premiership experiences went before him. His whole body language changed, he’s just not a Premier League manager, he knows his limitations but his ego stopped him standing aside and letting us bring in an experienced man at that level. He couldn’t adapt in the way the likes of Sheffield United have this season, should have gone a lot earlier because as time goes on and things pan out at the club his standing and reputation among our fans will diminish. He gave us a great couple of seasons but he just couldn’t let go and we had nobody at the helm strong enough to push him.

Heisenberg

Probably because Warnock has been either sacked or relegated in his 4 stints in the PL while Howe has kept Bournemouth up (and kept his job) in the four full seasons that he's been there.

In October?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Probably because Warnock has been either sacked or relegated in his 4 stints in the PL while Howe has kept Bournemouth up (and kept his job) in the four full seasons that he's been there.
    Warnock has been unlucky

Have you seen a Serbian film

Warnock was very unlucky with Sheffield United and us , some of the refereeing decisions we had were appalling and if they had gone for us we would have stayed up
    Ones kept a team up and the other failed to keep 5 up.

Are you trying to suggest Warnock is as good a manager as Eddie Howe? : hehe:

Warnock made far too many mistakes with us in the top flight. He wrote off every game against the big 6, bar the last meaningless one at Old Trafford. He failed to bring in a reasonable striker. The Rhys Healey substitution amongst others. There were lineups that he admitted he got wrong.

Thing is we almost stayed up. No point blaming referees when there are other significant cock ups on your own doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Spot on

He was what we needed until he wasn't. Then he just became a liability. It's hard to say at the moment whether overall he did more bad or good for City.
    We have been in debt and unfashionable for the whole of the time I've watched them over the past 25 years or so. Probably have been most of our history.

We have also been outside of the top flight for all bar 2 of the years I've seen us.

How could he possibly have not done more good than bad?

At the very worst we are basically where we were after the last PL campaign.

Heisenberg

Warnock has been unlucky

Have you seen a Serbian film
    I disagree, Sludge. Two relegations and two sackings can't be down to just bad luck.

Saw it. Hated it. Chuck 'Kill List' on your pile of films to watch. British psychological thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We have been in debt and unfashionable for the whole of the time I've watched them over the past 25 years or so. Probably have been most of our history.

We have also been outside of the top flight for all bar 2 of the years I've seen us.

Warnock turned a side that was 23rd in the Championship into one that was 14th some 3 years and a month later when he left. Somehow I feel were in a worse position than we were under Solskjaer though with a better manager at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I reckon if you asked Warnock to list his greatest managerial achievements, keeping us up in 16/17 would be nowhere - credit to him for bringing it out, but that squad was always too talented to go down.
    Thats a ridiculous comment. No squad is too talented to go down. No doubt you said the same thing in the past about Southampton, Leeds, Sunderland, Man City etc etc. Without Bamba, Hoilett and the total change in attitude and belief instilled by Warnock there is no doubt that we would have been in League One without him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats a ridiculous comment. No squad is too talented to go down. No doubt you said the same thing in the past about Southampton, Leeds, Sunderland, Man City etc etc. Without Bamba, Hoilett and the total change in attitude and belief instilled by Warnock there is no doubt that we would have been in League One without him.
    In your opinion. I reckon Trollope would have kept us up, even if we did go backwards under him.

However, there's no doubts that first season sorted lots of things out and laid the foundations for promotion. That was his success with us.

Well, coming from the board expert on ridiculous comments and how to make them that's high praise indeed, I think I should probably say thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

In the Championship, we're one of the big boys now. We haven't been "unfashionable" since the 90s. Warnock could have possibly done not done more good than bad because he got us one year in the EPL, without capitalizing. He blew all the money on an aging, relatively unskilled squad. Many of whom are still under contract. Harris has alluded to the fact that we won't be making many big signings in the near future. This is a direct result of the Warnock effect. If you remember, after the last EPL campaign we had to big in Slade to "steady the ship", "trim the fat" or whatever you want to call it took 3 years to get out of that situation. So if we're back there, he's definitely done more bad than good.

Heisenberg

dml1954...

Madine. Sheff Utd. £2m loan payment. Source. Cheers.

Yet 21 Championship teams manage to avoid it every season. Also, to say that there is "no doubt" that a team would be relegated in 6 months after 10 just games when we weren't even in the bottom 3 is ridiculous. Even for you.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, coming from the board expert on ridiculous comments and how to make them that's high praise indeed, I think I should probably say thank you .

Thats a ridiculous comment. No squad is too talented to go down. .
    I would politely suggest that Liverpool and Man City are too talented to go down

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I would politely suggest that Liverpool and Man City are too talented to go down
    No they aren't. DML has said so.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What if the fans failed to back the manager? Something terrible could happen.

In the Championship, we're one of the big boys now. We haven't been "unfashionable" since the 90s. Warnock could have possibly done not done more good than bad because he got us one year in the EPL, without capitalizing. He blew all the money on an aging, relatively unskilled squad. Many of whom are still under contract. Harris has alluded to the fact that we won't be making many big signings in the near future. This is a direct result of the Warnock effect. If you remember, after the last EPL campaign we had to big in Slade to "steady the ship", "trim the fat" or whatever you want to call it took 3 years to get out of that situation. So if we're back there, he's definitely done more bad than good.
    Chances are had he not come in we would have had a couple more short term managers and been around mid table. We were looking nothing like a big boy of the division until he came in.

I'll take a year and a half of some excitement over mid to lower table dullness, which is yes where we are now back but we at least had the experience.

Personally I'd say we are unfashionable, you don't get many players beating the door down to join us, we tend to have to overpay and the style of football has rarely been beautiful, now or before Warnock.