+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the most scared you have ever been following city away ?

What's the most scared you have ever been following city away ?

Forget spurs in the FA cup

Forget all the big names

For me it was our seasons in the abyss , to quote a slayer album

Exeter , hereford , Chesterfield, Lincoln

I wet myself several times in those dark days , being chased around a DIY centre opposite Hereford train station long after the police had got our lot back on the train to south wales ......just me and two young lads from aberdare and twenty ginger haired big eared blokes from hereford with hands like shovels

Re: What's the most scared you have ever been following city away ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Forget all the big names

I wet myself several times in those dark days , being chased around a DIY centre opposite Hereford train station long after the police had got our lot back on the train to south wales ......just me and two young lads from aberdare and twenty ginger haired big eared blokes from hereford with hands like shovels
    Thinking about it, you could have produced a guide to branches of Mothercare around the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thinking about it, you could have produced a guide to branches of Mothercare around the country!
    Theres no mothercare opposite Hereford train station

My memory of it was like something out of night of the living dead

Forget all the big names

The irony about the Spurs game is that I was with my ex's nephew, who is a Spurs fan and whom I had travelled to the game from Oxford where he lived. I was with him in a pub frequented by Spurs supporters and trying to mask my Welsh accent as best as possible when ordering at a crowded bar. And as the pub was so crowded we decanted into the access area to it just off the main road and whose wrought iron tall gates were closed to separate the locals from the City fans passing on the other side. It was starting to get nasty and I was trapped on the wrong side of the gates both physically and metaphorically.

Theres no mothercare opposite Hereford train station

My memory of it was like something out of night of the living dead
    There’s no Mothercare anywhere these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The irony about the Spurs game is that I was with my ex's nephew, who is a Spurs fan and whom I had travelled to the game from Oxford where he lived. I was with him in a pub frequented by Spurs supporters and trying to mask my Welsh accent as best as possible when ordering at a crowded bar. And as the pub was so crowded we decanted into the access area to it just off the main road and whose wrought iron tall gates were closed to separate the locals from the City fans passing on the other side. It was starting to get nasty and I was trapped on the wrong side of the gates both physically and metaphorically.
    That was a very scary day , I was glad we had so many nutters as well if I am honest

A group of city fans in one of the pubs were less fortunate

Bout 9/10 yrs ago, I was working near Sheffield and went to Brammell Lane to watch the City.
    Didn’t have a ticket so went in one of the home ends and kept my head down.
    Unbelievable game, which we won 4-3. I tried my best to contain my emotions, but sure I was rumbled by some surrounding fans, so got out of there toot sweet.
    I got away unscathed, but wouldn’t chance it again. Very hairy experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There’s no Mothercare anywhere these days!
    Much to my chagrin

I guess you refer to Spurs in the 1978 league game, the year after knocking them out of the FA Cup 3rd round? I went up on Tommy Morris' buses from Pencoed, 13 years old, on my own. Driving close to WHL, a Spurs fan pulled out a knife..! The start of a series of Rourke's Drift moments that lasted the whole day. Frightened me to death!!

Much to my chagrin
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I guess you refer to Spurs in the 1978 league game, the year after knocking them out of the FA Cup 3rd round? I went up on Tommy Morris' buses from Pencoed, 13 years old, on my own. Driving close to WHL, a Spurs fan pulled out a knife..! The start of a series of Rourke's Drift moments that lasted the whole day. Frightened me to death!!
    That sounds scary , we are on about the fa cup tie about 15 years ago

That sounds scary , we are on about the fa cup tie about 15 years ago

Chelsea at home in the 3-3 draw - Walking down Tudor Road (fast)

That was a very scary day , I was glad we had so many nutters as well if I am honest

The problem was that those nutters were trying to storm the gates that I was on the wrong side of!

Leicester away, in the first leg of the play/off !!!!

When Whitt’s scores, I thought the bloody stand was going to collapse, it bounced so much

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Leicester away, in the first leg of the play/off !!!!

When Whitt’s scores, I thought the bloody stand was going to collapse, it bounced so much
    Oi, you. I tapped you on the belly as you walked past me on Saturday but you were too busy on the blower to know what was going on

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I was also at that game. I was based at the Merchant Navy training school in Gravesend, Kent. I travelled to WHL with three other cadets. They were a bit naïve (so was I at the age of 17!) and were all wearing City scarves. They soon hid those scarves though as we travelled on the underground with hoards of Spurs fans. Spurs fans had infiltrated the away end with us and were right loons.
    The two Spurs fans stood right next to me, as brazen as could be, were telling me how great it was at our place (Ninian) with all the rocks and pieces of concrete flying back and forth on Sloper Road, they both looked in their 40's.

I also travelled on my own to Stamford Bridge, at a time when Chelsea were mental, again, I think that was about '78? They had played Bristol Rovers away at Eastville the Saturday before and rioted, in the mayhem a WPC got knocked unconcious. I saw it all on the HTV West News (my grandmother always tuned her ariel into the west country reception, don't know why! ). So I had built up in my mind that it was going to be hairy, and it was!

Oi, you. I tapped you on the belly as you walked past me on Saturday but you were too busy on the blower to know what was going on

Was deep in thought

Trying to find coaches !!!!

Feedback

we were in the Queen Vic pub that was attacked by a big mob of spurs before the game. They didn't get into the pub but a few poor souls outside took a bit of a slap.

the tennis courts afterwards were fun and games

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Chelsea at home in the 3-3 draw - Walking down Tudor Road (fast)
    I was in jubilee park as hundreds of cardiff and hundreds of Chelsea beat each other senseless

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    we were in the Queen Vic pub that was attacked by a big mob of spurs before the game. They didn't get into the pub but a few poor souls outside took a bit of a slap.

Let's just say that the tennis courts was an experience I dont want to go through again

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

The problem was that those nutters were trying to storm the gates that I was on the wrong side of!
    Sorry about that tbg , you were deep behind enemy lines but you did us proud

Birmingham away 1985
    Attacked by the zulus

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Birmingham away 1985
    Attacked by the zulus
    Did you go up on the train ?

This bloke was sitting on the wall by the away end with a hole in his neck , pouring with blood

Hed been hit with a butcher's meat hook

We had a load of nutters up there that day mind , turning over cars and trying to pull the police off their horses on the way home

Only once have I been scared on a away trip, 2006 away to Plymouth I was 13 and I had a slap off a Plymouth fan who was at least 40, twat.
    I wasn’t the sort to give it the big one, looking for trouble. just me and a few friends were walking pre game singing Cardiff songs, not causing harm.

Often think I’d love to have a chance to go face to face with him now