+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Genesis reforming announcement tomorrow

Genesis reforming announcement tomorrow

I just saw Phil Collins stocking up on zimmer aids.

Re: Genesis reforming announcement tomorrow

Flooding, Coronavirus, now this.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    It's easy to hide bad news when there's other shit going on.
    Politicians do it all the time.

The flood was included in Genesis, my child.

This , ladies and gentlemen , is comedy gold at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's easy to hide bad news when there's other shit going on.
    Politicians do it all the time.
    And so is this

Classic ccmb wit

I love early genesis with gabriel and Hackett

Even when they went down to three they did some good stuff but it soon became the phil collins show and they did some shockers

I cant dance , dear me and to hear arch tory Collins singing about the homeless was cringeworthy

I think its ridiculous that they are reforming but there you go , I love sabbath but when they did their reunion tour in 1998 I thought that was time for them to knock it on the head , same with kiss whom 1997 were struggling but they are still going now , its embarrassing

When will these bands realise they have had their time ?

What sad was to see how much weight phil Collins has lost battling what is clearly a serious illness

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

When there's no demand to see them. I know people who lap up all the old acts coming around again, also the tribute and covers bands, Butlins weekends and all sorts. I can't see the appeal of paying £80 to see old men shamble about but each to their own.

Collins down on his luck again.

What is the genesis or formation of this theory was Moses involved

I’ll be trying to get a ticket for Birmingham

Even when they went down to three they did some good stuff but it soon became the phil collins show and they did some shockers

I cant dance , dear me and to hear arch tory Collins singing about the homeless was cringeworthy

I think its ridiculous that they are reforming but there you go , I love sabbath but when they did their reunion tour in 1998 I thought that was time for them to knock it on the head , same with kiss whom 1997 were struggling but they are still going now , its embarrassing

What sad was to see how much weight phil Collins has lost battling what is clearly a serious illness
    agree on the early stuff...hackett i saw at the uni just after his third album release.
    they cashed in with the commersial stuff, i thought was awful but you can understand their greed Banks and rutherford seem like complete and utter arseholes

Not the best news I've heard today.
    🤨

Spot on. Love Genesis up to and including The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. Thereafter nah. Duke was particularly bad and was just a vehicle for Collins relationship problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    agree on the early stuff...hackett i saw at the uni just after his third album release.
    they cashed in with the commersial stuff, i thought was awful but you can understand their greed Banks and rutherford seem like complete and utter arseholes

Banks is a misery.

I saw Genesis and Peter Gabriel and different Knebworth festivals on the 70s. I have no desire to see either of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I saw Genesis and Peter Gabriel and different Knebworth festivals on the 70s. I have no desire to see either of them again.
    I saw gabriel in 2014 in cardiff , fantastic concert with tony Levin on bass

Saw Gabriel in 82 at the Womad Festival with Simple Minds and The Beat.
    Saw Hackett back in 80 at the Oxford Apollo.

I have seen every Simple Minds Tour since 1986, except the tour 9 years ago when I was poorly, many of the tours i saw up to three shows, have seen them in Munich, Berlin, Madrid and Prague, I've not yet got tickets for this tour, last years gig in Merthyr was bland and lifeless, far too much technology and far too little playing, i was planning on going to Belgium for this tour as the date falls on my birthday but seeing the videos of the gigs gives me no appetite for it they have a lady playing the cans now and it sounds as if she's playing a shredded wheat and Weetabix box, the keys have given away to samples and shit,Charlie Burchill seems to have forgotten his licks, they need Mel Gaynor to drive it, I might cave as the date gets closer but at the moment its a Non.

I saw the angel Gabriel once or was that the mushrooms?