+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the closest anyone is to the Coronavirus at the moment

Re: What's the closest anyone is to the Coronavirus at the moment

I just drove past Coronation Road in birchgrove on the way home from work.
    Does that count?

Coronavirus is a sideshow. Global supply chain collapse will usher economic collapse, mass layoffs, bare supermarket shelves, banks closing, capital controls, breakdown of social order and Martial Law.

Before all that there'll be endless propaganda concerning how dangerous bank notes and coins are because nothing makes those behind scenes salivate more than the word cashless does. China was very quick off the mark on that score. Repetition always works a treat. Keywords to watch for will be germs and bacteria along with virus, of course.

Dirty banknotes may be spreading the coronavirus, WHO suggests

Banknotes may be spreading the new coronavirus so people should try to use contactless payments instead, the World Health Organization has said.

Customers should wash their hands after touching banknotes because infectious Covid-19 may cling to the surface for a number of days, the UN agency said on Monday night.

More: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-world-health/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Coronavirus is a sideshow. Global supply chain collapse will usher economic collapse, mass layoffs, bare supermarket shelves, banks closing, capital controls, breakdown of social order and Martial Law.

Before all that there'll be endless propaganda concerning how dangerous bank notes and coins are because nothing makes those behind scenes salivate more than the word cashless does. China was very quick off the mark on that score. Repetition always works a treat. Keywords to watch for will be germs and bacteria along with virus, of course.

Dirty banknotes may be spreading the coronavirus, WHO suggests

Banknotes may be spreading the new coronavirus so people should try to use contactless payments instead, the World Health Organization has said.

Customers should wash their hands after touching banknotes because infectious Covid-19 may cling to the surface for a number of days, the UN agency said on Monday night.

More: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...-world-health/
    Sounds like an episode of the blacklist.

Now WHAT is REALLY going on here. Red will get to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Will that be before or after Euros? I'm looking forward to my trip to Baku and Rome. I think that by June the virus will be so widespread that it will pointless trying to stop it spreading and so pointless in cancelling events such as the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I just drove past Coronation Road in birchgrove on the way home from work.
    Does that count?
    No but if you happen to see the tit who went in to the public doctor's with Coronavirus symptoms having just come back from Iran, do call him an idiot for me would you

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    My work colleague's girlfriend knows people who have worked with the Deloitte London case. So what's that - 4 degrees of separation?
    I have a friend who works at Deloitte so must be 3/4 for me

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No but if you happen to see the tit who went in to the public doctor's with Coronavirus symptoms having just come back from Iran, do call him an idiot for me would you
    Just read about that- what an utter twonk

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    My daughter has a weak immune system and respiratory system.

This is managed by vaccinations against flu, strep, pneumonia etc.

There is nothing to protect her from this apart from isolation.
    My wife has type 2 diabetes, chronic kidney disease a mild heart condition and a,weak chest.

She nearly died three times in 2018 and three times I have had the "does she want to be resuscitated" chat from the doctor each time accompanied by their advice that " we don't think it's a good idea".

On the last occasion she was down to the last choice antibiotic which luckily worked.

She has also had sepsis at least three times

Antibiotics of course will not work against a virus anyway and I have doubts whether her immune system will cope. She will also be more likely to pick up another bacterial infection if her immune system is compromised.

I have a mild heart condition so I am at some risk but nothing like her

The further away we can stay from anyone with the virus the better

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    My wife has type 2 diabetes, chronic kidney disease a mild heart condition and a,weak chest.

She nearly died three times in 2018 and three times I have had the "does she want to be resuscitated" chat from the doctor each time accompanied by their advice that " we don't think it's a good idea".

On the last occasion she was down to the last choice antibiotic which luckily worked.

She has also had sepsis at least three times

Antibiotics of course will not work against a virus anyway and I have doubts whether her immune system will cope. She will also be more likely to pick up another bacterial infection if her immune system is compromised.

I have a mild heart condition so I am at some risk but nothing like her

The further away we can stay from anyone with the virus the better
    Elwood I know how you feel - we are now in lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    First one today from Cardiff. Wonder which part he lives?
    This one could be my friend's son. She said he is in UHW but he is inm fact from Pontypridd.

If the symptoms are so mild in some cases apparently, the closest could already be someone in your own family!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    This one could be my friend's son. She said he is in UHW but he is inm fact from Pontypridd.
    Thought it was supposed to be an older person who regularly visits Northern Italy...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Thought it was supposed to be an older person who regularly visits Northern Italy...
    Must be another one then.

I see so far only 2 of the 183 cases reported across the UK are in Wales.

Last edited by Toadstool; 06-03-20 at 17:09. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I see so far only 2 of the 183 cases reported across the UK are in Wales.
    Wait until after the Euros

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can't believe it. OMG Dettol KILLS coronavirus THEY KNEW ALL ALONG.
    Many household cleaners kill types of coronavirus. It says so on the tin. Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.30.18 PM.jpg

I haven't washed my hands for two weeks as I'm hoping to get it now and not in the summer.

We need the Royals to get it and die in the summer for the extra time off work.