+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off to benidorm next week should I be worried?

Off to benidorm next week should I be worried?

Off with the boys next Friday for 4 nights what's the chances of it being a nightmare and not going? Bit worried if we'll get there.
    It's only bloody flu

Re: Off to benidorm next week should I be worried?

I think it's the chlamydia you need to be worried about.

Hope your not booked with Flybe 😱

For discreet chlamydia advice, PM Sludge.

It was nice knowing you uncle bob.

Aye, it was nice knowing him.

When struggling to pick a race winner Uncle Bob's tip was invaluable as we could immediately discount that one from the equation.

Tourism rates are falling off a cliff. I mean, who the feck fancies the prospect of sprawling on a sun lounger while wearing antiviral gloves and gas mask?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I think it's the chlamydia you need to be worried about.
    She's left the island and is now dancing in the Canarias , lovely girl .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hope your not booked with Flybe 😱
    To flybe or not to flybe is the question

British Airways Gatwick

I'm hoping to go in two months time. F*** clymidia and f*** Corona

Friends of mine just came back off a cruise ship holiday...

WeChat Image_20200306095655.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Friends of mine just came back off a cruise ship holiday...

WeChat Image_20200306095655.jpg
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Off with the boys next Friday for 4 nights what's the chances of it being a nightmare and not going? Bit worried if we'll get there.
    It's only bloody flu
    This is part of the problem, it isn't only flu. The mortality rate is 20x that of flu. If people go around dribbling and sneezing everywhere thinking it's only a cold, it'll be alright, 3% of the population will die.

Yes Definitely . I do a week each year on a golf trip . ... I only play golf once a year ... in Benidorm ...
    It’s the hardest thing I do in life . 7 days drinking all day and night is ridiculously hard .
    I hope you upgraded to the BA lounge . It’s very nice and not that expensive to go euro class . Gets your liver and kidneys in shape for the coming ordeal

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    This is part of the problem, it isn't only flu. The mortality rate is 20x that of flu. If people go around dribbling and sneezing everywhere thinking it's only a cold, it'll be alright, 3% of the population will die.
    On the plus side, it'll be the oldies so we wont have a caring staff shortage when brexit hits.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    On the plus side, it'll be the oldies so we wont have a caring staff shortage when brexit hits.
    It just needs a little better press .
    Posts like this brighten up our days but the BBC won’t go there .

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Yes, that "it's only like having flu" statement makes me smile. As one who has only ever had flu once, I can say it was not a pleasant experience. I was only in my late 20's then and quite fit/healthy but I was confined to bed for a week followed by a second week of recovery getting my strength back. It came on literally within one hour, from feeling absolutely fine to bedridden, with a severe headache, stiff neck, aching limbs, the whole works. Now I am in my 70's, still reasonably fit with no "underlying health issues" so this time around it could be goodnight Vienna for me, much to the delight of some posters on here who see this as an opportunity to cull pensioners!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, that "it's only like having flu" statement makes me smile. As one who has only ever had flu once, I can say it was not a pleasant experience. I was only in my late 20's then and quite fit/healthy but I was confined to bed for a week followed by a second week of recovery getting my strength back. It came on literally within one hour, from feeling absolutely fine to bedridden, with a severe headache, stiff neck, aching limbs, the whole works. Now I am in my 70's, still reasonably fit with no "underlying health issues" so this time around it could be goodnight Vienna for me, much to the delight of some posters on here who see this as an opportunity to cull pensioners!
    You are still far more likely to survive than perish.

There is a an American guy in his sixties or seventies on the BBC who said it was like having a mild cold.

I should imagine it depends on the strain of the virus and the viral load. Keep your hands away from your face and maybe avoid eating out or something. Should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You are still far more likely to survive than perish.

There is a an American guy in his sixties or seventies on the BBC who said it was like having a mild cold.

I should imagine it depends on the strain of the virus and the viral load. Keep your hands away from your face and maybe avoid eating out or something. Should be ok.
    Yeah I read that health workers suffer more as they get a bigger dose than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yes Definitely . I do a week each year on a golf trip . ... I only play golf once a year ... in Benidorm ...
    It’s the hardest thing I do in life . 7 days drinking all day and night is ridiculously hard .
    I hope you upgraded to the BA lounge . It’s very nice and not that expensive to go euro class . Gets your liver and kidneys in shape for the coming ordeal
    What's the BA lounge. How much? We getting to the airport 3 hours early

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    What's the BA lounge. How much? We getting to the airport 3 hours early
    We buy euro class tickets , it’s like first class on a poor plane 😂😂 eat and drink as much as you like . All the best drinks on tap .
    Not sure if you can just purchase a ticket for the BA lounge , if you can and fancy a party do it .
    I will fly out of Gatwick just for the party and fly back to Cardiff because I won’t want to see another drink ..
    maybe see if you can upgrade your flights ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    We buy euro class tickets , it’s like first class on a poor plane 😂😂 eat and drink as much as you like . All the best drinks on tap .
    Not sure if you can just purchase a ticket for the BA lounge , if you can and fancy a party do it .
    I will fly out of Gatwick just for the party and fly back to Cardiff because I won’t want to see another drink ..
    maybe see if you can upgrade your flights ?
    you cannot but there are plenty of third party lounges where you can. Some are good, some are basic. club europe can be cheap, but unless you need the extra luggage allowane or are travelling with a u2yr old its rarely worth it. seats are exactly the same as economy, they just block the middle (which you can do in economy quite cheaply anyway). if you have bought a non refundable basic cash fare then upgrade isnt an option i dont think.

The community of Madrid went into lock-down last night, that's not just the city its all the surrounding area. The Basque country will likely follow today and then i suspect the rest of the country to follow after. Who knows, best case is you get stuck there rather than cancelled before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If only we could have had the Brexit vote after the virus had spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    If only we could have had the Brexit vote after the virus had spread.
    Hold on a minute. I'm an oldie and voted remain.
    🤨