+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off to benidorm next week should I be worried?

Re: Off to benidorm next week should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Off with the boys next Friday for 4 nights what's the chances of it being a nightmare and not going? Bit worried if we'll get there.
    It's only bloody flu
    yes

Got here this morning for 4 days and it's gone on Lock-down from midnight tonight. All bars restaurants shut for 2 weeks. Cosmic. Unbelievable!

Got here this morning for 4 days and it's gone on Lock-down from midnight tonight. All bars restaurants shut for 2 weeks. Cosmic. Unbelievable!

Drop any unused Euros round my house next week Bob, should have a few left

That's shit luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    That's shit luck.
    Orrrrrr...incredibly predictable

Appalling bad luck for Bob. The couple in the story below though would take some beating in the category of nightmare holidays.

Teenage couple from Manchester arrive at Malta hotel for two-night holiday only to be told they cannot leave room for 14 days... and have to pay for it - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...malta-17923137

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Appalling bad luck for Bob. The couple in the story below though would take some beating in the category of nightmare holidays.

Teenage couple from Manchester arrive at Malta hotel for two-night holiday only to be told they cannot leave room for 14 days... and have to pay for it - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...malta-17923137

My daughter lives in Malta and is due home tomorrow for a visit, if she gets to the UK, no saying when she’ll be allowed back into Malta.

planes being turned around mid-flight this morning en -route for some Spanish destinations after departing Stansted..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    planes being turned around mid-flight this morning en -route for some Spanish destinations after departing Stansted..
    Uncle Bob, post on here confirming you are safely there.
    Could be the answer to your question is "yes"!

Bet Fred are offering evens

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He posted earlier saying he's there

[/QUOTE]Got here this morning for 4 days and it's gone on Lock-down from midnight tonight. All bars restaurants shut for 2 weeks. Cosmic. Unbelievable![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He posted earlier saying he's there

Unbelievable?

All Jet2 flights to Spain are now cancelled. We've booked with them to go to Menorca in June, returning to Es Grau which has to be one if the best places to visit. Still, if one life is saved due to cancellations like this, we can always go to Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Unbelievable?
    Very believable in fact.

Sorry missed this, thus my post earlier.
    That really is not good news with feck all to spend your winnings on.

You did foresee a few issues though and, true to form, gambled a bit so I guess bad luck.
    Hope you manage to get a bit of sun and managed to fill the fridge with San Miguel

I know someone who has been told to stay in his Benidorm hotel room.He has to stay in his room foe 2 weeks.Although he can go to the bar and buy a drink and take it back to his room.

I feel for anyone, who has paid for a holiday and has a limit budget , a lot folk use these spring periods for a cheaper deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Very believable in fact.
    Almost, dare I say...expected?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Hold on a minute. I'm an oldie and voted remain.
    🤨
    I Hope you are ashamed of yourself...

A Benidorm expat resident who runs a Spanish website for Brits was on the radio this morning advising people to leave Spain now as all flights to the UK are likely to be banned by Tuesday at the latest. Apparently Easy Jet are arranging a couple of repatriation flights today so the only likely option will be Ryan Air until the Spanish government's ban comes into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A Benidorm expat resident who runs a Spanish website for Brits was on the radio this morning advising people to leave Spain now as all flights to the UK are likely to be banned by Tuesday at the latest. Apparently Easy Jet are arranging a couple of repatriation flights today so the only likely option will be Ryan Air until the Spanish government's ban comes into effect.
    The problem with that is what is happening in America now where hundreds cram into compact airports as the very opposite to "social distancing".

We are having a ball at the moment in our hotel room. I'm with Edinburgh Blue who used to post on here and 14 others getting bolluxed.
    Not allowed out the hotel now only in our rooms and down for food in the restaurant.
    Got a good Bluetooth speaker banging out the tunes in the sun on our balcony.
    The reality is though, we don't leave until Tuesday.
    This will definitely be happening in the UK guys so be warned.
    It's mental. I've posted loads of videos on my Facebook page of the streets below. It's like a ghost town. Cars with speakers on the roof warning that anyone caught outside will be arrested and to stay indoors.
    Our hotel shuts down completely on Tuesday when we leave along with most other hotels in benidorm.
    We will be truely in the shit if British Airways cancels flights after Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My daughter lives in Malta and is due home tomorrow for a visit, if she gets to the UK, no saying when she’ll be allowed back into Malta.
    One of my favourite places is Malta.

We are having a ball at the moment in our hotel room. I'm with Edinburgh Blue who used to post on here and 14 others getting bolluxed.
    Not allowed out the hotel now only in our rooms and down for food in the restaurant.
    Got a good Bluetooth speaker banging out the tunes in the sun on our balcony.
    The reality is though, we don't leave until Tuesday.
    This will definitely be happening in the UK guys so be warned.
    It's mental. I've posted loads of videos on my Facebook page of the streets below. It's like a ghost town. Cars with speakers on the roof warning that anyone caught outside will be arrested and to stay indoors.
    Our hotel shuts down completely on Tuesday when we leave along with most other hotels in benidorm.
    We will be truely in the shit if British Airways cancels flights after Monday.
    Can you change your flight and get home tomorrow?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb

Here's a Benidorm article with pics of tourists drinking cans on the street because the bars and restaurants are shut. No-one is allowed on the beach either. The story says there's been 0 Benidorm coronavirus deaths.

Couple cut short Benidorm stay as coronavirus measures shut down the resort - https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...-stay-17927196