+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

I popped into our big Tesco's this afternoon to grab some mozzarella and a tin of sweetcorn and pineapple for our pasta bake for tea

No pasta left at all ( apart from a few box's of pasta sheets, which i grabbed ), baked beans all gone, i walked around the empty shelves, very little canned goods left, now this is a 24 hour tesco's extra, it both surprised me and worried me

I then thought, i might aswell join them and got some more toilet rolls ( they had a few packs left ) a few cans of soup, and a few cans of mixed beans, few cartons of UHT milk, few box's of cereal,

We always have fairly well stocked cupboards as its something i have always believed in, mainly from the point that in the old days if i had a bad few weeks in work and didnt earn much, we would always have something to feed the kids with

So how long could you survive with whats in your kitchen cupboards at the mo

Re: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

Toilet rolls taste horrible.

Re: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Toilet rolls taste horrible.
    Occupational hazard of talking out of your arse I suppose!

Looks like I'l have to go to Waitrose for my cappuccino mousse and baby avocados.

People are stupid basically

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People are stupid basically
    If people who usually shop once or twice a week are told they may have to self-isolate for 2 weeks then is it not reasonable for them to do a bigger than normal shop?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If people who usually shop once or twice a week are told they may have to self-isolate for 2 weeks then is it not reasonable for them to do a bigger than normal shop?
    That could be months away. The toilet paper panic for instance is just funny.

Self-isolating for a fortnight will become very popular in no time amongst those guaranteed to be paid in full. Teachers are the biggest lead-swingers out there. One cough from any of them and they'll be off like a shot. Those cheapskates' life expectancy was circa 90 but it's likely to be closer to 100 nowadays due to the triple-lock State Pension which makes the feckers even more determined not to do the decent thing by booting the bucket.

B'stards!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That could be months away. The toilet paper panic for instance is just funny.
    Could be months away or it could be tomorrow- nobody knows.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best - isn't that what Matt Hancock said the other day?

There are plenty out there who have moved the long life milk and 500 kilo cornflakes boxes out replacing them with Lemsips, Paracetamol and hand sanitisers

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best - isn't that what Matt Hancock said the other day?
    Can't even look at that bloke let alone heed his advice ever since Andrew Marr ruined him.

Ive just had a chat with my fellow footy coach about the shelves being empty, he had gone to get something for tea last night and noticed it aswell

for me, if you are going to eat it / use it and it had a good shelf life, then it makes no difference to buy a few extra now, he said its crazy what people do, but I asked " who are crazy ? ? ? the people who will be eating or the people who are saying, people are stupid and we shouldnt do anything and will be potentially hungry " ? ? ?

as i said, we always have well stocked cupboards, but thats due to me and in the past at times having little money, so when we had money, we stocked up

but back to the question, how long could you eat with the food you have in your house, i think it'll be interesting to see what people can do

It's starting to irritate me hearing people grizzle about being unable to source hand sanitiser or a mask. The former is easy to make, and anyway soap and water is every bit as good. One cup of a bra would serve as a mask. The other cup could also keep one ear warm.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    There are plenty out there who have moved the long life milk and 500 kilo cornflakes boxes out replacing them with Lemsips, Paracetamol and hand sanitisers
    our local sainsburys sold out a pallet load of hand gels inside the hour , my daughter friend works in the store, she said it was mental

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    our local sainsburys sold out a pallet load of hand gels inside the hour , my daughter friend works in the store, she said it was mental
    You sure she didn't say menthol?

My mate drives lorries for Asda. They are expecting to be at Christmas levels of deliveries next week with the risk of even higher levels of demand when the outbreak worsens.

Could be months away or it could be tomorrow- nobody knows.

Well I wouldnt trust that idiot , got sponsored by a private healthcare company pre election

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Can't even look at that bloke let alone heed his advice ever since Andrew Marr ruined him.
    Hes a creepy tory corrupt idiot , like most of them

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's starting to irritate me hearing people grizzle about being unable to source hand sanitiser or a mask. The former is easy to make, and anyway soap and water is every bit as good. One cup of a bra would serve as a mask. The other cup could also keep one ear warm.
    Bra ? My ears have pricked up

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You sure she didn't say menthol?
    Now this is witty

It typical british mass panic

Everytime theres the threat of snow people rush to the shops to buy milk and bread

Loonies

Banned

I popped into our big Tesco's this afternoon to grab some mozzarella and a tin of sweetcorn and pineapple for our pasta bake for tea

No pasta left at all ( apart from a few box's of pasta sheets, which i grabbed ), baked beans all gone, i walked around the empty shelves, very little canned goods left, now this is a 24 hour tesco's extra, it both surprised me and worried me

I then thought, i might aswell join them and got some more toilet rolls ( they had a few packs left ) a few cans of soup, and a few cans of mixed beans, few cartons of UHT milk, few box's of cereal,

We always have fairly well stocked cupboards as its something i have always believed in, mainly from the point that in the old days if i had a bad few weeks in work and didnt earn much, we would always have something to feed the kids with

So how long could you survive with whats in your kitchen cupboards at the mo
    Well done. You started panic buying for the sole reason that other people were panic buying. The reason there are any shortages at all is because of people struggling to employ any thought process to their actions.

Why did you buy toilet roll? Were you running out? Then, yes, you buy it. Did you buy it because others were? Then no, you have added to the strain on the supply chain (a supply chain that is still running, by the way). You have out yourself first above the little old lady who was about to stock up anyway, but now can't and will now have to wait. Well done, at least your arsehole will be squeaky clean.

On the toilet roll thing, we have never seen panic buying of this before, not during bad weather, not during the one tragic day when the supermarkets are closed (Christmas Day). Why are we seeing it now? Because we've heard about the Aussies doing it, so we obviously must follow suit.

During Brexit were you one of those people who boasted about how Britain fought off the Nazi threat for 2 years alone, and how we would easily cope again if ever there were shortages caused by Brexit? Well done, you have just proven that you are not mature enough to actually cope with such a scenario.

I can easily survive, if my cupboards are empty then I will go to the supermarket and stock up. If I am feeling a bit ill, then I'll get someone to buy me some stuff to save me spreading germs. At the worst, I will get my food delivered by one of Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's - a huge list and I am sure that if one of them is low on something, another one will have it.

Have a good look at yourself. You are fit, you are mobile, you have access to the internet, and yet you still bought something because it was temporarily low in stock in Tesco. You are a danger to society, not only employing such stupidity but by openly sharing it to an open forum.

Banned

When will they have to self-isolate? This will be with us for months - what is the point in stocking up now, and taking goods out of a well oiled supply chain that WILL ACTUALLY COPE with this as long as people remain sensible. Groceries are delivered to people's doors on a daily basis now, and the internet will continue to function. Worst case scenario (this won't happen), everyone is quarantined - in that case the Government will still supply food in other ways.

THINK FFS!!!!

Banned

Wow.... let's all panic like you did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It typical british mass panic

Everytime theres the threat of snow people rush to the shops to buy milk and bread

Loonies
    The sheer fact is that a lot of what Blue Matt (and other mentally challenged people) bought, UNNECESSARILY, will end up in landfill in 3 months time.