+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

Re: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's starting to irritate me hearing people grizzle about being unable to source hand sanitiser or a mask. The former is easy to make, and anyway soap and water is every bit as good. One cup of a bra would serve as a mask. The other cup could also keep one ear warm.
    You'd just look a bit of a tit though.

Re: shelves looking empty -- how long could you survive with whats in your cupboards

I purchased a powerful home generator 12 years ago having read they disappear first in a societal collapse scenario. It weighs a tonne and remains in the box unopened. I can't recall how much it cost but am positive the same model is over twice the price today.
    They are great things to have around, especially in short-term crisis, which is the most likely scenario you will need to actually use them. Just have to remember to store, and cycle fuel for it, as that will also be the first thing to go, and it expires surprisingly quickly!

when the prices drop more, I will be looking more towards a solar / battery system. The Tesla Power-wall already has some very impressive features as a home battery unit. Will be exciting to see where it is at in 5 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Well done. You started panic buying for the sole reason that other people were panic buying. The reason there are any shortages at all is because of people struggling to employ any thought process to their actions.

Why did you buy toilet roll? Were you running out? Then, yes, you buy it. Did you buy it because others were? Then no, you have added to the strain on the supply chain (a supply chain that is still running, by the way). You have out yourself first above the little old lady who was about to stock up anyway, but now can't and will now have to wait. Well done, at least your arsehole will be squeaky clean.

On the toilet roll thing, we have never seen panic buying of this before, not during bad weather, not during the one tragic day when the supermarkets are closed (Christmas Day). Why are we seeing it now? Because we've heard about the Aussies doing it, so we obviously must follow suit.

During Brexit were you one of those people who boasted about how Britain fought off the Nazi threat for 2 years alone, and how we would easily cope again if ever there were shortages caused by Brexit? Well done, you have just proven that you are not mature enough to actually cope with such a scenario.

I can easily survive, if my cupboards are empty then I will go to the supermarket and stock up. If I am feeling a bit ill, then I'll get someone to buy me some stuff to save me spreading germs. At the worst, I will get my food delivered by one of Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's - a huge list and I am sure that if one of them is low on something, another one will have it.

Have a good look at yourself. You are fit, you are mobile, you have access to the internet, and yet you still bought something because it was temporarily low in stock in Tesco. You are a danger to society, not only employing such stupidity but by openly sharing it to an open forum.
    Bit harsh he only wanted mozzarella, sweetcorn and pasta ,then thought about bog roll he's not the one who has rapped the shelves of big rolls , bloody bat / snake munching Chinese fault, not Blue Matt , lets end all movement around the globe not just Europe ,lex save our dear islands ??
    🇬🇧👍

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Self-isolating for a fortnight will become very popular in no time amongst those guaranteed to be paid in full. Teachers are the biggest lead-swingers out there. One cough from any of them and they'll be off like a shot. Those cheapskates' life expectancy was circa 90 but it's likely to be closer to 100 nowadays due to the triple-lock State Pension which makes the feckers even more determined not to do the decent thing by booting the bucket.

B'stards!
    Oi !

I'm toying with the notion of buying some second hand antiviral masks from an eBay seller who's based in Wuhan, China.

Could make a nice profit reselling them, all would be required is to turn them inside out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    They are great things to have around, especially in short-term crisis, which is the most likely scenario you will need to actually use them. Just have to remember to store, and cycle fuel for it, as that will also be the first thing to go, and it expires surprisingly quickly!

when the prices drop more, I will be looking more towards a solar / battery system. The Tesla Power-wall already has some very impressive features as a home battery unit. Will be exciting to see where it is at in 5 years time.
    Those Tesla Wall battery units make perfect sense, especially if you are generating electricity from a solar panel.

I'm toying with the notion of buying some second hand antiviral masks from an eBay seller who's based in Wuhan, China.

Could make a nice profit reselling them, all would be required is to turn them inside out.
    Capitalism at it's best would've got that chance under Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Those Tesla Wall battery units make perfect sense, especially if you are generating electricity from a solar panel.
    But would it clean your arse if toilet rolls are no longer available mankind?

Former Supermarket Boss Warns of Potential Coronavirus “Food Riots,” Army Patrols

- Former Tesco supply chain director Bruno Monteyne warns that a large scale outbreak of coronavirus in the UK could lead to “food riots,” requiring the army to be used to guard supermarkets.

Monteyne said that supermarkets would have to resort to drastic measures and revert to “feed the nation status” under a worse case scenario.

He also cautioned that grocery stores would have trouble stocking shelves and delivering goods if their employees decided to self-isolate. -

More: https://summit.news/2020/03/06/forme...-army-patrols/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did a shop in Waitrose in Sheffield this morning and all was normal - even quieter than normal - except for the massive holes in the shelves where toilet paper and paracetamol should be. They had been wiped out. Messages up about new supplies due in 10 days!
    The toilet paper was wiped out?

Woman in front of me had 48 rolls of toilet paper.

FFS there's 6 in my house and that would last us more than a month of self isolation.

Toilet paper is a light year away from what are amongst the necessities of life. Many millions of people, probably a billion or two, never use it, and it's not because they're skint or it's unavailable but rather for hygiene and cultural reasons.

Toilet paper is a light year away from what are amongst the necessities of life. Many millions of people, probably a billion or two, never use it, and it's not because they're skint or it's unavailable but rather for hygiene and cultural reasons.
    Extra long shirt time is upon us

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is Sheffield wiped out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thank you!

I'm glad currently healthy people with enough disposable income to stock up are ensuring some really important products don't fall into the hands of people who might need it more...

I know several people who forever bang on about yearning for a more equitable society, and yet none of them unselfishly sacrifice any of life's luxuries which they could easily do without to hand that disposable income to those who survive in shop doorways, as an example. Paying virtue signalling lip service is a much cheaper option for all of them.

Try going without it for a week.

One could say the same about shoes, but life would be pretty miserable without them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Try going without it for a week.

One could say the same about shoes, but life would be pretty miserable without them.
    I went ages without toilet paper, you can't beat a jet of water up the arse for cleanliness

Sales of bidets at B&Q up x 135% today

Coronavirus: Tesco, Asda and Ocado ration products as shoppers stockpile - https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...panic-11952749

Tesco is putting a restriction of five items per person on some everyday items... and Blue Matt is responsible for sparking the wave of panic buying.

Does he regret declaring "oh my God, we're fecked!" at the top of his voice in the middle of a Tesco Extra store?

Banned

Coronavirus: Tesco, Asda and Ocado ration products as shoppers stockpile - https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...panic-11952749

Tesco is putting a restriction of five items per person on some everyday items... and Blue Matt is responsible for sparking the wave of panic buying.

Does he regret declaring "oh my God, we're fecked!" at the top of his voice in the middle of a Tesco Extra store?
    Where is the OP? Last seen in Aldi's cramming his car full with nappies. He has no babies, but he saw Aldi's were running low and grabbed the last 100 packets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I popped into our big Tesco's this afternoon to grab some mozzarella and a tin of sweetcorn and pineapple for our pasta bake for tea

No pasta left at all ( apart from a few box's of pasta sheets, which i grabbed ), baked beans all gone, i walked around the empty shelves, very little canned goods left, now this is a 24 hour tesco's extra, it both surprised me and worried me

I then thought, i might aswell join them and got some more toilet rolls ( they had a few packs left ) a few cans of soup, and a few cans of mixed beans, few cartons of UHT milk, few box's of cereal,

We always have fairly well stocked cupboards as its something i have always believed in, mainly from the point that in the old days if i had a bad few weeks in work and didnt earn much, we would always have something to feed the kids with

So how long could you survive with whats in your kitchen cupboards at the mo

A little bird tells me Blue Matt's car has been parked on the drive for the last week because his garage is crammed with 960 bog rolls.