+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match Thread

Re: BARNSLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Paterson is in the team because he scores goals and Glatzel doesn’t. Glatzel may be a neater footballer but he doesn’t score the scruffy goals Paterson does - and Paterson works very hard for the team
    Fair play, you waited your moment to post that. Now, if you'd posted that prior to him scoring, you would have gained a lot more kudos.

Re: FT: BARNSLEY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Fair play, you waited your moment to post that. Now, if you'd posted that prior to him scoring, you would have gained a lot more kudos.
    Glatzel has scored a goal every 355 minutes so basically 1 in 4 games (1422 minutes divided by 4 goals). Not great, but he's also not being used properly.

Paterson has scored 5 in 1440 minutes (championship games) so a goal every 288 minutes or 1 in just over every 3 games and we play a way which suits him.

So we are playing to his strengths and he is barely better, yet he is lauded on here as some hero, the other is criticised and we play a completely different game to what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Glatzel has scored a goal every 355 minutes so basically 1 in 4 games (1422 minutes divided by 4 goals). Not great, but he's also not being used properly.

Paterson has scored 5 in 1440 minutes (championship games) so a goal every 288 minutes or 1 in just over every 3 games and we play a way which suits him.

So we are playing to his strengths and he is barely better, yet he is lauded on here as some hero, the other is criticised and we play a completely different game to what he needs.
    I've seen nothing to suggest Glatzel is any better when given a goalscoring chance than Paterson. What's more Paterson gets into those goalscoring positions which Glatzel doesn't. Glatzel is good at holding the ball up at his feet, but Paterson wins the ball in the air a lot more. It's Paterson for me every time..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I've seen nothing to suggest Glatzel is any better when given a goalscoring chance than Paterson. What's more Paterson gets into those goalscoring positions which Glatzel doesn't. Glatzel is good at holding the ball up at his feet, but Paterson wins the ball in the air a lot more. It's Paterson for me every time..
    We don't need to go in the air though.

I'd rather a striker through on goal (YouTube his goal v reading) than a makeshift striker/midfielder/winger/plumber/chippie.
    What's more Glatzel gets into the CORRECT positions, those of a striker, he's not outside the box or near the wing when we want him in the box..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Well said that man , he took his goal well yesterday

I'd rather a striker through on goal (YouTube his goal v reading) than a makeshift striker/midfielder/winger/plumber/chippie.
    What's more Glatzel gets into the CORRECT positions, those of a striker, he's not outside the box or near the wing when we want him in the box..
    The plumber is scoring goals

We need the rest of the team to chip in now

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The thing is , hes spot on

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The plumber is scoring goals

We need the rest of the team to chip in now
    Refer to one of my previous posts for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well said that man , he took his goal well yesterday
    He took it like a proper striker

I do not like the argument, he is just a makeshift striker, He is a professional footballer and 'he is' whatever position the manager decides to play him in.

He is clearly at his best when playing up top and therefore is a forward player, He has played 99% of his minutes in a attacking role.

You would not call Gareth Bale a makeshift striker, just because he played is formative years as a left back.