+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best documentary you have ever seen ?

Re: What's the best documentary you have ever seen ?

Saw one about the serial killer Jeffrey dharmer on freeview a few years back

That was disturbing

So many, as I mostly watch documentaries, but a few especially good ones would be:
    Red Army - about the Soviet ice hockey team. Fascinating whether you like the sport or not, which I do but my girlfriend loved it too and she's not a sports person.

Making a murderer - Already mentioned above. Brilliant and just difficult to comprehend the injustice.

Time: The Kalief Browder Story - Again, just a shocking miscarriage of justice.

When they see us - More miscarriage of justice stuff, just shocking how the police stitched a load of kids up in New York.

I just watched The Pharmacist on netflix, and that's well worth watching, about the opioid epidemic in the states.

Killer Inside: The mind of Aaron Hernandez is really good too.

The Legend of Ruby Ridge

One Day In September springs to mind. About the kidnap of Israeli Olympians in Munich. Exasperating.

The Vietnam War, 10 part series, always been fascinated by that conflict, the justification for it, the actions of both sides, the whole sad story.

Seen a good one last year on a Woodstock,can’t remember what it was called tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Ken Burns Vietnam War, watched it twice all the way through. What a completely pointless waste of life on both sides.
    Ken Burns is an extraordinary documentary maker.

Agree Vietnam was gripping, couldn't put it down.
    Also The World at War was jaw dropping in it's time in the 70's some of the shocking footage shown for the first time made even more dramatic with Lawrence Olivier' s iconic voice.
    Used to watch it as a kid with my dad, 9pm weekly.

Two great shouts

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Also excellent at both centre half and centre forward.

Just finished watching "the staircase" on Netflix American authors wife dead at bottom of stairs in pool of blood follows him around through court case well worth a watch , whether he did it or not shows how corrupt the justice system is

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Just finished watching "the staircase" on Netflix American authors wife dead at bottom of stairs in pool of blood follows him around through court case well worth a watch , whether he did it or not shows how corrupt the justice system is
    Death on the staircase ? His previous wife also died from head injuries after falling down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Death on the staircase ? His previous wife also died from head injuries after falling down the stairs
    It's just called"the staircase" on Netflix not sure if it was known as death on the staircase before Netflix got it apparently the series was shorter before but now has 13 episodes

It's just called"the staircase" on Netflix not sure if it was known as death on the staircase before Netflix got it apparently the series was shorter before but now has 13 episodes
    Its gripping though isn't it , I personally thought he was guilty as feck but there you go

Hes out now I think

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its gripping though isn't it , I personally thought he was guilty as feck but there you go

Hes out now I think
    Yes it shows him out in the last episode , I think he did it to ,too much blood for a fall

Yes it shows him out in the last episode , I think he did it to ,too much blood for a fall
    And the fact his previous wife died in the same way .......

Just seen Shane Williams on concussion in contact sports , not a bad watch

King of Kong's my favourite

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

Hypernormalistion is a great documentary showing the parralels between NYC and Damascus from the 1970s to the modern day. It comprehensively covers all major world events and how the world changed through the ever changing ideas within terrorism, commerce and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkatron View Post
    Hypernormalistion is a great documentary showing the parralels between NYC and Damascus from the 1970s to the modern day. It comprehensively covers all major world events and how the world changed through the ever changing ideas within terrorism, commerce and technology.
    That sounds interesting , to put it mildly

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    So many, as I mostly watch documentaries, but a few especially good ones would be:
    Red Army - about the Soviet ice hockey team. Fascinating whether you like the sport or not, which I do but my girlfriend loved it too and she's not a sports person.

Making a murderer - Already mentioned above. Brilliant and just difficult to comprehend the injustice.

Time: The Kalief Browder Story - Again, just a shocking miscarriage of justice.

When they see us - More miscarriage of justice stuff, just shocking how the police stitched a load of kids up in New York.

I just watched The Pharmacist on netflix, and that's well worth watching, about the opioid epidemic in the states.

Killer Inside: The mind of Aaron Hernandez is really good too.
    I haven’t seen the Ice Hockey one but the rest are all highly recommended.

Kalief Browder. Truly heartbreaking.

Of course he did it. He was comical though.

Went on a bit for my liking. Could have done it in less episodes. Started to lose interest after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'd also recommend you take a look at his brother's work. There's a brilliant 8 part series on New York by Ric, and Civil wAr which they both worked on.

Some good ones on the Arena series.

‘Into The Limelight - Tribute Bands’. Featuring Pink Fraud, AB/CD, T-Rextacy etc. playing at the Mecca for tribute bands - The Limelight in Crewe. Strangely uplifting.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The Vietnam War, 10 part series, always been fascinated by that conflict, the justification for it, the actions of both sides, the whole sad story.
    Surprising number of people still fighting it

Free solo is an excellent documentary and not as grim as some of those previously mentioned!