+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tremendous Knowledge Dave.

Tremendous Knowledge Dave.

No. Not TLG, but Dave Rainford of Eggheads fame, sadly passed away from illness in his early 50’s.
    Sad. Seemed like a nice guy.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 08-03-20 at 17:31. Reason: Grammar

Re: Tremendous Knowledge Dave.

It's sad when anyone passes away, but posts on here about them?

Yes
    The softly spoken black fella
    Lovely bloke
    Shame 😩

surely there's an eggheads forum for this

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    surely there's an eggheads forum for this
    People think I'm a dick on here anyway, so I'll speak as I find, this is a pointless post on here. Sad? Yes. For here? No.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People think I'm a dick on here anyway, so I'll speak as I find, this is a pointless post on here. Sad? Yes. For here? No.
    'Pointless' Stop it Demb....

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. Not TLG, but Dave Rainford of Eggheads fame, sadly passed away from illness in his early 50’s.
    Sad. Seemed like a nice guy.
    Well I'm pleased you posted this on here - I'd assumed he must have been ill or something because he was never on the programme during its last run.

So many of the opposition team players seemed to to single Dave out for praise about how friendly he was to them, he came across a good bloke as well, sad to learn of his passing, but not altogether surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    'Pointless' Stop it Demb....
    Well done

Well this is how the forum used to be football mixed up with all sorts of random stuff

It's what made the site one of the best football message boards in the country

But not any more

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well this is how the forum used to be football mixed up with all sorts of random stuff

It's what made the site one of the best football message boards in the country

But not any more
    Off topic stuff I get, but people die all the time, it's sad but we don't need the threads. If it was someone mentioned regular I'd get it.

Off topic stuff I get, but people die all the time, it's sad but we don't need the threads. If it was someone mentioned regular I'd get it.
    It's not up to you what threads we need or don't. You might not see the point in it but it's fine by me as it's a topic that will interest some.

Simple is that if you don't like it don't read it.

Contribute to threads you want to, ignore threads you don't want to be involved in.

RIP Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's not up to you what threads we need or don't. You might not see the point in it but it's fine by me as it's a topic that will interest some.

Contribute to threads you want to, ignore threads you don't want to be involved in.

RIP Dave.
    I don't understand it, that's all I said.

Well done
    Has it put you at your Tipping Point dembe?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Has it put you at your Tipping Point dembe?
    Yes

I don't understand it, that's all I said.
    You basically said don’t put it on. As Mike said, it isn’t your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You basically said don’t put it on. As Mike said, it isn’t your decision.
    It's an option. But judging by the aggressive response there's obviously an underlying issue, I'm as much as an issue as others and I give what I take.

RIP Dave.
    Of course it's not up to him, that goes without saying. Bit harsh i think Mike, especially as the title gives no inclination that a person on a quiz show has passed away. I don't mind anything being posted on here, but i don't think that dembe as out of order or rude, just giving his opinion

Of course it's not up to him, that goes without saying. Bit harsh i think Mike, especially as the title gives no inclination that a person on a quiz show has passed away. I don't mind anything being posted on here, but i don't think that dembe as out of order or rude, just giving his opinion
    My guess is this post is because of an ongoing issue. A slow burner.
    I'd rather people face me directly than carry issues on, I think I'm harmless here, and I've now said sorry to Sludge.

I'd rather people face me directly than carry issues on, I think I'm harmless here, and I've now said sorry to Sludge.
    Then we're all friends again......

No ongoing issue from me. I don't know you.

People generate topics, if you are interested you take part, if you are not then move on

RIP Dave.
    Exactly, what is far worse is starting a new thread to continue a point on an already existing thread. That needs to be put to bed!

Then we're all friends again......
    Hopefully.

I'll say this, whatever I have said on here I'd say to someone's face, if I have something to explain its easy to do face to face and much easier to put across. That thing I had with sludge would have been sorted over a pint and not one angry word, yet on here we had to posture and keep face and not let our defence drop..

Hopefully.

I'll say this, whatever I have said on here I'd say to someone's face, if I have something to explain its easy to do face to face and much easier to put across. That thing I had with sludge would have been sorted over a pint and not one angry word, yet on here we had to posture and keep face and not let our defence drop..
    You come across as a bit of a disturbed character.
    I’m not meaning to offend you, but a lot of your posts seem to give off mixed messages.
    Your definitely a difficult one to fathom out.

You only have to hover your curser over the thread title and you get a bit of the topic appear as if by magic a very quick decision can be made if you wish to investigate and read the thread or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You come across as a bit of a disturbed character.
    I’m not meaning to offend you, but a lot of your posts seem to give off mixed messages.
    Your definitely a difficult one to fathom out.
    You won't offend me mate.

Not sure what is hard to get, I speak as I find. Lot gets lost in translation I spose