+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sexist ? Yes probably but still peed off

Sexist ? Yes probably but still peed off

My first port of call to check out football scores has for many years been the BBC Football website. You know what you're getting: Prem, Scots Prem (yeah I know), Championship, Div 1, Div 2 etc in that order.

So what have these diversity clowns decided to do ? Put Women's International Friendly scores/results and Women's European Qualifying scores before the Championship that's what. I didn't realise that Millwall had beaten Forest away on Friday because I saw these Mickey Mouse (or should that be Minnie Minnie) results first up and assumed there wasn't any EFL games being played.

Why don't they have a separate section for women's football, after all it's not the same game is it ? Rant over.

Re: Sexist ? Yes probably but still peed off

THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF OTHER PEOPLE THEY SHOULD STAY HOW I WANT THEM FOREVER SHOUTS MAN

The fact that you can't filter what you want to see makes me think they want it this way. I am only interested in the Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A, and Euro/World Cup football.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF OTHER PEOPLE THEY SHOULD STAY HOW I WANT THEM FOREVER SHOUTS MAN
    Who are you to tell him what he should see? It's a waste of time scrolling through shit you don't want to see, and it would be a trivial task to add filtering, but I'm guessing that they want to ram equality down everybody's throat

They put the Scottish League before the champ too. Always wondered why but it's never bothered me. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who are you to tell him what he should see? It's a waste of time scrolling through shit you don't want to see, and it would be a trivial task to add filtering, but I'm guessing that they want to ram equality down everybody's throat
    Can't people self filter? You're all for people taking responsibility for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They put the Scottish League before the champ too. Always wondered why but it's never bothered me. Oh well.
    Because it's the British Broadcasting Corporation.

You can sort of understand why because historically it contained two of the biggest football clubs in GB. But Women's friendlies ? Come on !

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Can't people self filter? You're all for people taking responsibility for themselves.
    Yep, I self-filter and use another website

Yep, I self-filter and use another website
    Exactly

Exactly
    But they won't give me a discount, so I have to pay for Moodybluebird to scroll through lots of shite

But they won't give me a discount, so I have to pay for Moodybluebird to scroll through lots of shite
    Isn't that supposed to be changing? I mean the license fee?

Isn't that supposed to be changing? I mean the license fee?
    I dunno, but it's worth it for the comedy value. Only this morning I was reading about how Rita Ora has changed music!

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    You can sort of understand why because historically it contained two of the biggest football clubs in GB. But Women's friendlies ? Come on !
    You realise you're having a tantrum because you now have to click twice as opposed to once?

I dunno, but it's worth it for the comedy value. Only this morning I was reading about how Rita Ora has changed music!
    Hmmm...Did you know that Rita Ora is half Albanian? Wont get that on the BBC.

Hmmm...Did you know that Rita Ora is half Albanian? Wont get that on the BBC.
    I thought she was 100% Albanian? I like Rita for her contribution to mindless Saturday night wannabe talent shows, but change music she hasn't.

You realise you're having a tantrum because you now have to click twice as opposed to once?
    There was a women's football match on TV the other day, i had to turn it over, if it had been a men's game i would have watched it, FFS...fuming...

I thought she was 100% Albanian? I like Rita for her contribution to Saturday night wannabe talent shows, but change music she hasn't.
    You could well be right. I'm gonna go a bit sludge and say that she's right up my street.

I thought she was 100% Albanian? I like Rita for her contribution to mindless Saturday night wannabe talent shows, but change music she hasn't.
    According to wiki she as born in Pristina, so i'd say Ethnic Albanian. Looks like you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Like I said, I wondered, not bothered me. Agree with you though on the women.

Off topic, I like her tits on Instagram but her undersized bra/bikini tops to show her underboob is cheap and tacky.

It's the insidious drip drip of diversity that makes me have these tantrums. My wife is well impressed by my non PC behaviour so this site at least allows me to vent my spleen !

It would be interesting to know how many people actually visit the BBC Sports page to check out women's football results. Sounds to me like a job for Eric the Half Bee.

The BBC radio 5 sports news doesn't mention 'women' or 'men' when reporting events. They'll say something along the lines of "Arsenal's 5 match unbeaten run came to an end when they were defeated yesterday by Chelsea ". There's no way to suggest they're talking about Women's football until they say " Arsenal's goal game from Susan Brown [or someone]". It's plain daft because 99.9% of people aren't the slightest bit interested in Womens' Sunday League equivalent football..

Off topic, I like her tits on Instagram but her undersized bra/bikini tops to show her underboob is cheap and tacky.
    God I hope she's not on here because she'd be devastated to know that's how you feel

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The BBC radio 5 sports news doesn't mention 'women' or 'men' when reporting events. They'll say something along the lines of "Arsenal's 5 match unbeaten run came to an end when they were defeated yesterday by Chelsea ". There's no way to suggest they're talking about Women's football until they say " Arsenal's goal game from Susan Brown [or someone]". It's plain daft because 99.9% of people aren't the slightest bit interested in Womens' Sunday League equivalent football..
    This is just utter bullshit, they always say "in women's football" before going onto the scores