+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you all still travelling?

Re: Are you all still travelling?

Flew from Heathrow to Geneva yesterday lunchtime. Traffic very light, airport very quiet, 30 seconds to go through security, flight 1/3 full, Geneva airport very quiet.

I'm guessing this isn't a thread about taking action to reduce climate change then?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've stopped taking the subway to and from work. I don't fancy riding in a 500 square foot tin can with 250 people. I think this is the week that the numbers are really going start to go off in the northeast.
    Ah poor Geordies, my thoughts are with them.

Yeah.. in India this week

It's not Corona I'm worried about but getting stuck in quarantine

Wizz Air cancelled my flight to Oslo.

They haven't cancelled my return flight from Bergen yet, I now hope they do so I can get a refund.

Looks like my money is gone for the trains we booked in the UK and Norway. Will have to investigate those journeys or maybe swap or get a credit.

Meant to be going to Portugal on Wednesday for 5 days, the person who booked the trip is still keen to go. I’m less so, not so worried about the virus, more worried about not being able to get back . Who knows how much the situation will change in 5 days, our flights haven’t been cancelled yet though

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Meant to be going to Portugal on Wednesday for 5 days, the person who booked the trip is still keen to go. I’m less so, not so worried about the virus, more worried about not being able to get back . Who knows how much the situation will change in 5 days, our flights haven’t been cancelled yet though
    Better tell your mate to check again not many airlines flying

Just had my holiday to Cyprus cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Just had my holiday to Cyprus cancelled
    who with? airline/travel agent

Good question to put on Jackarmy!

I am in New York at the moment. I'm hoping my flight home doesn't get cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I am in New York at the moment. I'm hoping my flight home doesn't get cancelled.
    USA / UK flights banned from 12 midnight Monday EST

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    USA / UK flights banned from 12 midnight Monday EST
    Just seen it on BBC. We will be on the plane when the ban comes in thankfully!

Are you being serious or just on a wind up?
    US travel ban from UK and Ireland confirmed

The ban on travel to the US from UK and Ireland will begin at 00:00 Eastern time on Monday (04:00 GMT on Tuesday), US Vice-President Mike Pence has confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post

The ban on travel to the US from UK and Ireland will begin at 00:00 Eastern time on Monday (04:00 GMT on Tuesday), US Vice-President Mike Pence has confirmed.
    Thanks for that. Will be in the air when the ban starts! Phew!!

People can still fly from the US to the UK though can't they?

Just seen it on BBC. We will be on the plane when the ban comes in thankfully!
    That must be a relief for you.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    People can still fly from the US to the UK though can't they?
    Isn't it a ban on non-US citizens flying from European airports, rather than a a ban on flights? It sounded as if the administration expects half empty planes to be going back and fore and bringing Americans 'home' where they will be processed (tested and possibly isolated) at one of 14 airports in the USA.

Mr Pence said there had been a "unanimous recommendation" from health experts to extend the travel ban.

He said US citizens and US legal residents would still be able to return to the US from those countries after the ban came into effect.

They would be "funnelled through specific airports" and told to self-quarantine, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
    That must be a relief for you.
    You're not wrong there. It is like 8 dollars for a pint!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Isn't it a ban on non-US citizens flying from European airports, rather than a a ban on flights? It sounded as if the administration expects half empty planes to be going back and fore and bringing Americans 'home' where they will be processed (tested and possibly isolated) at one of 14 airports in the USA.
    This is what I thought, so Maccy Blue could still have come back anyway (although the sooner he's on a flight the better I suppose )

Trecco. **** the club house though. Not mixing with the English

who with? airline/travel agent
    Jet2holidays

Going nowhere, staying put to reduce the risk of infection. Getting out on foot or in the car betimes, but minimising social contact. Happily have no travel booked except back to Cardiff with Flybe (should be in Cardiff this weekend). @Stan Butler that sounds like a great trip you've planned in Norway. Might ping you about that when the pandemic is over.

Cardiff bus to Canton for Sunday cards