+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What do you do to keep fit ?

What do you do to keep fit ?

I used to swim , play rugby , football and cricket , go walking and occasionally visit the gym

Now I walk , do a few press ups

And that's it

I admire my mate , he runs , swims , goes to the gym and is a black belt in karate

Oh and he does pilates with loads of women

Re: What do you do to keep fit ?

I walk - I've got one of those trackers on my phone and on a good day I do about 1,000 steps at least.

In spring summer I do a lot of gardening as well and general stuff like that.

No "official" exercise although I'm thinking of joining a gym.

I'm 56

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to swim , play rugby , football and cricket , go walking and occasionally visit the gym

And that's it

I admire my mate , he runs , swims , goes to the gym and is a black belt in karate

When you go up the mountain dogging?

Over 50s walking football. Brilliant workout, genuinely hard work keeping walking, tackling, closing down, etc for an hour non stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Over 50s walking football. Brilliant workout, genuinely hard work keeping walking, tackling, closing down, etc for an hour non stop.
    Where do they play that?

Walk back and forth the fridge quite a lot.

I used to do loads of running, some light weights and lots of own body weight exercise, would do three 10k runs per week in all weathers and three 45 minute workouts with free weights and own body weight. I haven't done anything for a few months although i do get a workout as my job is physical, although my body and brain is used to it. It needs the shock value..

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Walk back and forth the fridge quite a lot.
    Cheap laugh from myself there

I keep mentally fit by trying to keep up with the intellectual stimuli on this board..

I dont sit down all day in work, walking all day non stop in a busy warehouse i am 64 on friday the 13th.Feel fit as a racing snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I dont sit down all day in work, walking all day non stop in a busy warehouse i am 64 on friday the 13th.Feel fit as a racing snake.
    And very good looking with it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

And that's it

I try stay away from women as they have a habit of making ones wallet lean .

I live in the West Midlands but there are 20 odd clubs throughout Wales if you look it up.