+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 350 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I had a Coronavirus test 8 days ago (although I didn't have any symptoms) and haven't had the result. I can't see that the result will be registered as a 'positive' in my case but such a long wait in respect of non-NHS tests across the board must reduce the usefulness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Except the Welsh rules changed after the Bank Holiday therefore weren't in play at the time.

Awkward. Now **** off...
    Decision had already been made: https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-...over-chip-row/

Awkward, eh?

I also quite like how you've managed to turn a man having chips with his wife and kid into firstly a "picnic" and then a "family outing"

International

I see they're widening the pavement in castle street to accommodate all the pedestrians and cyclists that still aren't allowed out.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I see they're widening the pavement in castle street to accommodate all the pedestrians and cyclists that still aren't allowed out.
    Another waste of cash.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Or planning for the foreseeable future where we have to social distance but the lockdown is eased and the vaccine won't be with us for at least a year

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    oN, they are late with 9000 tests a day and late with Test track and trace, but they are going to be really early with the wide pavements to feck up the motor cars they hate, so that when they allow people to go to work the cars they have to use to maintain social distances on the trains and buses will not be able to get around too easily.
    Can't have the population thinking they're not being controlled can we?

oN, they are late with 9000 tests a day and late with Test track and trace, but they are going to be really early with the wide pavements to feck up the motor cars they hate, so that when they allow people to go to work the cars they have to use to maintain social distances on the trains and buses will not be able to get around too easily.
    Can't have the population thinking they're not being controlled can we?
    I don't think that when the government tells everybody to stay in their houses for 2 months that anybody's pretending we're not being controlled. You're not Neo from the Matrix so wind yer neck in you drama queen

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think that when the government tells everybody to stay in their houses for 2 months that anybody's pretending we're not being controlled. You're not Neo from the Matrix so wind yer neck in you drama queen
    lmao, who the feck is Neo and what's the matrix? No eye deer!!

lmao, who the feck is Neo and what's the matrix? No eye deer!!
    Really? You should watch it, great movie. Don't bother with the sequels though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQi3bBA1y8

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Guess I'm wrong about that then. Apologies. I'll revert to my original post that he was wrong and so was Jenrick.

I'm guessing you'll be sticking to fact that it was fine for Jenrick to travel to his second home and unnecessarily visit his parents who had food and medication delivered to them by their community?
    Apologising to a narcissist is not usually a good idea.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Apologising to a narcissist is not usually a good idea.
    I was wrong so I apologised - it's the appropriate thing to do when you're wrong. Tell it like it is will disappear when he's wrong as he will refuse to accept it and face up the consequences of it (which isn't much on a f**king messageboard).

I wouldn't class him as a narcissist though... he's just a stubborn hyprocrite who thinks that he's right all of the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I had a Coronavirus test 8 days ago (although I didn't have any symptoms) and haven't had the result. I can't see that the result will be registered as a 'positive' in my case but such a long wait in respect of non-NHS tests across the board must reduce the usefulness of it.
    Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.
    My wife woke up with a cough Tuesday. Test Wednesday. Still waiting result. She wouldnt be off normally with the symptom but of course it could be really mild.

Luckily pay isnt affected.

At least IF its negative I can come out of isolation as I can only do very limited work at home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My wife woke up with a cough Tuesday. Test Wednesday. Still waiting result. She wouldnt be off normally with the symptom but of course it could be really mild.

Luckily pay isnt affected.

At least IF its negative I can come out of isolation as I can only do very limited work at home.
    That was the bonus for me, I didn't have to spend another week and a bit in isolation. We were already struggling having come out of a period of isolation when my partner had symptoms that were more covid-like. No test that time though. Partner was feeling not very good for 10-11 days (£95 pay for 2 weeks), I couldn't go out until day 14. We struggled to get any food deliveries, finally getting one on the 10th day. In both cases, I think the chance that my partner had covid-19 was no more than 10% first time, and 0% second time.

Experiment shows human speech generates droplets that linger in the air for more than 8 minutes

By Joel Achenbach

May 14, 2020 at 12:13 a.m. GMT+1

Ordinary speech can emit small respiratory droplets that linger in the air for at least eight minutes and potentially much longer, according to a study published Wednesday that could help explain why infections of the coronavirus so often cluster in nursing homes, households, conferences, cruise ships and other confined spaces with limited air circulation.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6e5_story.html

My God, why hasn't Mr Drakeford ordered the mandatory wearing of face masks/coverings in all enclosed places, including households where more than one person resides?

Nutters/wackos/crackpots/wishy-washy libertarians/chavs and other smelly types will object of course but they must be made to bow to authority.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Experiment shows human speech generates droplets that linger in the air for more than 8 minutes

By Joel Achenbach

May 14, 2020 at 12:13 a.m. GMT+1

Ordinary speech can emit small respiratory droplets that linger in the air for at least eight minutes and potentially much longer, according to a study published Wednesday that could help explain why infections of the coronavirus so often cluster in nursing homes, households, conferences, cruise ships and other confined spaces with limited air circulation.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6e5_story.html

My God, why hasn't Mr Drakeford ordered the mandatory wearing of face masks/coverings in all enclosed places, including households where more than one person resides?

Nutters/wackos/crackpots/wishy-washy libertarians/chavs and other smelly types will object of course but they must be made to bow to authority.
    Still doing this shtick, are we? It hasn't been funny since... well, it was never funny.

Still doing this shtick, are we? It hasn't been funny since... well, it was never funny.
    I was staggered to learn in a post of yours a few pages back that you're a public sector wallah. What a shock!

I'd have never have guessed there's an office out there where you spend your days mincing.

Heisenberg

I was staggered to learn in a post of yours a few pages back that you're a public sector wallah. What a shock!

I'd have never have guessed there's an office out there where you spend your days mincing.
    Typical of you to be wrong (doesn't it ever get tiring?). I spend about 80% of my time working in the community and then 20% doing admin (at home).

I told you what I did for a living when you were getting your facts wrong about Universal Credit and homelessness - based on your prejudices and assumptions (and incorrectly following data... another trend you follow) on the politics thread a few months ago.

Do you tend to forget all of the things that you've been wrong about over time? It's probably easier that way.

Heisenberg

Also, you forgot to address the purpose of the post - the shtick about how you're actually for stronger government measures isn't amusing for anybody but you. We all still remember the Plandemic stuff

Typical of you to be wrong (doesn't it ever get tiring?). I spend about 80% of my time working in the community and then 20% doing admin (at home).

I told you what I did for a living when you were getting your facts wrong about Universal Credit and homelessness - based on your prejudices and assumptions (and incorrectly following data... another trend you follow) on the politics thread a few months ago.

Do you tend to forget all of the things that you've been wrong about over time? It's probably easier that way.
    I must have missed your earlier public sector admission. Had I not I'd have made mention of it before now. I will make up for it in future though, of that you can be assured.

Heisenberg

I must have missed your earlier public sector admission. Had I not I'd have made mention of it before now. I will make up for it in future though, of that you can be assured.

Go for it. Not sure what gratification it gives you, but have at it, son.

Might as well slag off all the public sector workers including paramedics, nurses, teachers, social workers, care workers and support workers while you're at it - as I fall into that category.

What was it you said that you did - before you became this caricature of a survivalist tinfoiler?

Go for it. Not sure what gratification it gives you, but have at it, son.

Might as well slag off all the public sector workers including paramedics, nurses, teachers, social workers, care workers and support workers while you're at it - as I fall into that category.

What was it you said that you did - before you became this caricature of a survivalist tinfoiler?
    No, I wouldn't lump them together. See my recent post below. In light of that, henceforth I shall refer to you as The Blob or Mr Blobby.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5073397

A great many people who slag off the public sector aren't knocking NHS workers (who comprise 30% of the total), or teachers and those in the education field (28%), or coppers, firefighters, prison officers and many others who are essential. They mean the unproductive 430K strong army of lard-arsed, chair hugging, tea and coffee swigging, biscuit munching, pen pushing, computer keys tapping blobs of career layabouts who make up the civil service that hang around for donkey's years until they retire from stealing a living because they know no-one in the private sector would pay them nearly as much as the government teat does in return for doing next to bugger all.

There were an estimated 5.42 million people employed in the public sector for June 2019, which was 29,000 more than for March 2019. 16.5% of all people in paid work were employed in the public sector for June 2019, unchanged from March 2019. https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...yment/june2019

Heisenberg

No, I wouldn't lump them together. See my recent post below. In light of that, henceforth I shall refer to you as The Blob.

A great many people who slag off the public sector aren't knocking NHS workers (who comprise 30% of the total), or teachers and those in the education field (28%), or coppers, firefighters, prison officers and many others who are essential. They mean the unproductive 430K strong army of lard-arsed, chair hugging, tea and coffee swigging, biscuit munching, pen pushing, computer keys tapping blobs of career layabouts who make up the civil service that hang around for donkey's years until they retire from stealing a living because they know no-one in the private sector would pay them nearly as much as the government teat does in return for doing next to bugger all.

There were an estimated 5.42 million people employed in the public sector for June 2019, which was 29,000 more than for March 2019. 16.5% of all people in paid work were employed in the public sector for June 2019, unchanged from March 2019. https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...yment/june2019
    What about support workers for vulnerable older people, Organ? People stopping them from losing their homes (or ending up in care homes), making sure they're receiving the right care plans, the correct aids/adaptations to continue to live independently, their correct benefit entitlements, advocating for them with legal matters... I could go on if you want more examples.

Must all be c**ts, yeah?

Did anyone see the news report on Sky news last night (I haven't seen if there was anything further today) about the Covid 19 situation in Mexico.

It was horrifying. There are 30 crematoria in Mexico City and they all have queues of bodies in hearses waiting to be cremated of about 3 days.

The Sky reporter reckoned based on 20 mortuaries that each crematorium was dealing with about 30 bodies a day. That means 600 in them daily, plus the other crematoria, plus ordinary burials.

And then there is Mexico State as well. The current official daily death rate is showing as between 3 to 400 in the whole of Mexico and yesterday there were around 3,900 deaths overall spilt roughly 1/2 and 1/2 between Mexico City and Mexico State.

An unidentified health service official reckoned that there were at least 5 times that number dead.

Based on the above figures that seemed optimistic to me.

They have run out of fridges so there are bodies in the mortuary corridors, the post mortem rooms are full of bodies.

A professor at a Mexico university reckoned that it had been worked out that the actual number infected was 24.8 times the official figure which yesterday was around 38,000 so the true total of those infected may well be over 800,000!!

If the death rate is 24.8 times the official figure as well that is truly horrifying!

Heisenberg

No, I wouldn't lump them together. See my recent post below. In light of that, henceforth I shall refer to you as The Blob or Mr Blobby.

What did you do for a living before you gave up on society, Orgs? It'd be interesting to know what value you gave during your time in employment.