+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 350 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What about support workers for vulnerable older people, Organ? People stopping them from losing their homes (or ending up in care homes), making sure they're receiving the right care plans, the correct aids/adaptations to continue to live independently, their correct benefit entitlements, advocating for them with legal matters... I could go on if you want more examples.

Must all be c**ts, yeah?
    Ripe for private sector outsourcing. Reduce costs, improve effectiveness.

What did you do for a living before you gave up on society, Orgs? It'd be interesting to know what value you gave during your time in employment.
    I was involved with care for the elderly. For money. Just like you.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Ripe for private sector outsourcing. Reduce costs, improve effectiveness.
    Amazing. Actually lauged out loud then. Exactly how would private sector outsourcing of a support worker reduce costs and improve effectiveness?

I assumed you were joking at first... but, since it's you...

Heisenberg

I was involved with care for the elderly. For money. Just like you.
    Just like nurses, just like paramedics, just like any job that isn't a volunteer role. Yeah, I know what employment is, Orgs.

How long did you do that for?

Was it private or public sector?

Was it actually 'care' or 'support' work that you did? - there's a large distinguishable difference, which you'd know as someone who was involved in care for the elderly. For money. Just like me.

Just like nurses, just like paramedics, just like any job that isn't a volunteer role. Yeah, I know what employment is, Orgs.

How long did you do that for?

Was it private or public sector?

Was it actually 'care' or 'support' work that you did? - there's a large distinguishable difference, which you'd know as someone who was involved in care for the elderly. For money. Just like me.
    He's used this line before, a while back (long before covid).

Nurses were being praised, which he didn't like, didn't like that one bit. So started on some silly guff about how none of them were doing it for the love of the job and for caring, but it was for the money. And he was definitely right because they were getting paid. If they were doing it for the love then they'd be doing it for free.

Nonsense and full of holes but he loves to punch down on anyone he thinks he's better than .

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Nurses were being praised, which he didn't like, didn't like that one bit. So started on some silly guff about how none of them were doing it for the love of the job and for caring, but it was for the money. And he was definitely right because they were getting paid. If they were doing it for the love then they'd be doing it for free.

Nonsense and full of holes but he loves to punch down on anyone he thinks he's better than .
    Yep. I wonder if his decades of caring for the elderly in the private sector for free (we have to assume) has caused this delusion of grandeur that he has? He really doesn't like the common man, does he?

The genius also wants to outsource my job to the private sector which would apparently make me work harder (sorry, more "effectively") and get paid less for the privelige too. It makes total sense

It's like a check list of things you can tick off isn't it with the virus deniers (I call them that because that's what they were a few months ago).

Incidentally, on my walk just now, I passed a house which had four large sheets of tin foil pegged to a washing line - seems the elite/lizards have been working overtime recently with the brainwashing.

Go for it. Not sure what gratification it gives you, but have at it, son.

Might as well slag off all the public sector workers including paramedics, nurses, teachers, social workers, care workers and support workers while you're at it - as I fall into that category.

What was it you said that you did - before you became this caricature of a survivalist tinfoiler?
    My darling wife chipped a veneer from a front tooth the other day. Called the dentist who of course is not able to work right now. He suggested a do it yourself kit as a temporary repair. He dropped it off to us on his way home from work, looked at my wife's tooth from a distance to check it was OK for the repair, gave us instructions, all part of the service!

Another example of healthcare workers doing more then their fair share

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.
    Am I self-isoI don't have any symptoms and never have - but as I live alone I suppose that I am self-isolating by default.

Why are people still engaging with Organ? The man has outed himself as being thick and a **** at the start of this. I wouldn’t waste my time reading the drivel he posts.

Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.
    Apparently China did full tests including ct scans and had the results back and acted on those results within 4 hours.

That was the bonus for me, I didn't have to spend another week and a bit in isolation. We were already struggling having come out of a period of isolation when my partner had symptoms that were more covid-like. No test that time though. Partner was feeling not very good for 10-11 days (£95 pay for 2 weeks), I couldn't go out until day 14. We struggled to get any food deliveries, finally getting one on the 10th day. In both cases, I think the chance that my partner had covid-19 was no more than 10% first time, and 0% second time.
    Some people might think the percentage chances were some what the other way around.
    A diagnosis by a good doctor in the field might well be 90% accurate, yet the test we have been using is only 70% accurate so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Am I self-isoI don't have any symptoms and never have - but as I live alone I suppose that I am self-isolating by default.
    Not sure what happened there!

Amazing. Actually lauged out loud then. Exactly how would private sector outsourcing of a support worker reduce costs and improve effectiveness?

I assumed you were joking at first... but, since it's you...
    Crikey, I thought you may have a nibble but not scoff the hook, line and rod with three responses. Did you stamp your feet too?

You tried to misdirect me with waffle designed to portray yourself as altruistic while carefully omitting the prime objective of your activities which isn't to aid others but to benefit yourself by collecting the folding stuff at regular intervals. Being a money mercenary is rather grubby, isn't it?

Had to chuckle at your contempt for my suggestion that the taxpayer might save a few bob and be provided with a better, more efficient service under privatisation. That amounts to heresy for those who don a red-coloured ra ra skirt and pom poms when a General Election's due.

I don't recall mentioning nurses pre-COVID other than to remark there were a high percentage of Jumbo-sized ones at hospitals I had visited and I expressed surprise as they, along with doctors, should be aware of the dangers of obesity more than anyone else. You are more familiar with my posting history than I though so am prepared to stand corrected.

On that theme you'll be gutted to learn I'm in terrible shape health wise and have been for four days. I can't step out 'cause I look like something out of a Hammer film! Much more of it and I'll have to seek the help of one or more of them and I won't care if they're twice the size of Hattie Jacques.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Some people might think the percentage chances were some what the other way around.
    A diagnosis by a good doctor in the field might well be 90% accurate, yet the test we have been using is only 70% accurate so they say.
    The second illness was the one that my partner was tested for. We both knew it was tonsillitis, but the diagnosis was done over the phone by a nurse (no doctor).

"Do you have a cough?" "Yes, because of the sore throat"
    "Do you have a temperature" "No"

"Self-isolate for 1 week, and anyone else in the house for 2 weeks". We explained that the throat was red with spots, classic signs of infection.

First illness we didn't even consult the doctor but self-isolated "just in case".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's like a check list of things you can tick off isn't it with the virus deniers (I call them that because that's what they were a few months ago).

Incidentally, on my walk just now, I passed a house which had four large sheets of tin foil pegged to a washing line - seems the elite/lizards have been working overtime recently with the brainwashing.
    I'm with you nowadays, Bobsy. Mark Drakeford knows best for all of us in Wales. In him we trust.

I only hope you're prepared to dig in for a very long time. Some are already wobbling.

Banned

Crikey, I thought you may have a nibble but not scoff the hook, line and rod with three responses. Did you stamp your feet too?

You tried to misdirect me with waffle designed to portray yourself as altruistic while carefully omitting the prime objective of your activities which isn't to aid others but to benefit yourself by collecting the folding stuff at regular intervals. Being a money mercenary is rather grubby, isn't it?

Had to chuckle at your contempt for my suggestion that the taxpayer might save a few bob and be provided with a better, more efficient service under privatisation. That amounts to heresy for those who don a red-coloured ra ra skirt and pom poms when a General Election's due.

The fact that nurses get paid does not make them mercenaries. How do you come to that conclusion, other than quoting that that's precisely why you did the job you did?

The concept that every single nurse does it for the money, and the money alone, is as daft as people claiming that every single nurse does it out of a sense of doing the right thing.

I wonder if you would make the same assumptions about other career choices. For example, are people in the military also mercenaries?

Gosh you have a good memory. The URL suggests he posted that in 2015

Heisenberg

Crikey, I thought you may have a nibble but not scoff the hook, line and rod with three responses. Did you stamp your feet too? Why would I stamp my feet? I'm too lazy and was counting my piles of tax payer money at the time

You tried to misdirect me with waffle designed to portray yourself as altruistic while carefully omitting the prime objective of your activities which isn't to aid others but to benefit yourself by collecting the folding stuff at regular intervals. Being a money mercenary is rather grubby, isn't it? Not in the slightest. You criticised the public sector - I asked if you were going to slag off every aspect of it and listed public sector roles which I thought you wouldn't slag off (including my own role) you then countered saying that you weren't criticising all of them but continued slagging me off. I pointed out that I was one of the workers you said didn't count and then you changed tact to criticise me for having the audactiy to get paid for a job instead of working for free and being homeless (and I know how much you love and absolutely don't despise homeless people)

You had a chuckle because you're on the verge of madness. You haven't got a clue, Organ I'm talking specifically about my role being privatised, not privatisation in general - but I did make that too clear for you - I'll be more vague next time
    Who is paying for the support in this pie-in-the-sky thinking, Orgs? You must have forgotten to tell me how you think it would work. Is the cost passed on to the "customer"? Are you just reducing wages for staff to lower costs? Are you getting rid of the office that I work from to reduce rent and utility costs (my... home... office?) Come on, man... you've got all of the answers, share them with the rest of us.

The irony in all of this is that you dislike me in this scenario because you think I get paid too much just because I work in the public sector, but if you knew how much I actually get paid for a living, you'd look down your nose at me for not being paid enough

Heisenberg

I'm with you nowadays, Bobsy. Mark Drakeford knows best for all of us in Wales. In him we trust.

I only hope you're prepared to dig in for a very long time. Some are already wobbling.
    HAHAHA! I apologise for saying this shtick wasn't funny for the first dozen times - this one has turned me around.

Organ Morgan, you old card!

The second illness was the one that my partner was tested for. We both knew it was tonsillitis, but the diagnosis was done over the phone by a nurse (no doctor).

"Do you have a cough?" "Yes, because of the sore throat"
    "Do you have a temperature" "No"

"Self-isolate for 1 week, and anyone else in the house for 2 weeks". We explained that the throat was red with spots, classic signs of infection.

First illness we didn't even consult the doctor but self-isolated "just in case".
    If somebody had a persistent cough and high temperature in the climate as it was a few weeks back then a doc might assume that person has it and that assumption according to what seemed to be a 'real' expert on the box at the time was likely to be 90% accurate yet the test we had was only 70% accurate at the time.
    If the doc thought it was CV what would he say ?, self isolate (and as a consequence in some cases possibly give it to your family).

Perhaps that is why we were not testing/reluctant to test as just talking to someone was more accurate than our limited science, different in China as when they got their act together they were apparently doing real proper testing and acting on the result in a few hours and proper isolating, real isolating not stay in the house with your family job but taking the person away to a medical facility.

International

Why are there reports that the government(s)will have great difficulty recruiting the thousands of people needed to run "Test track and Trace" when there are reports at the same time of huge unemployment?

Given that they think the majority of newly unemployed will be from younger age groups wouldn't they be those with the better computer skills?

On test accuracy my wife said the testers were really thorough and it really was pleasant at all. She was even given one of those sick cartons as they go so deep down the throat to get a swab.

She really doubts everyone doing a home test will do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why are there reports that the government(s)will have great difficulty recruiting the thousands of people needed to run "Test track and Trace" when there are reports at the same time of huge unemployment?

Given that they think the majority of newly unemployed will be from younger age groups wouldn't they be those with the better computer skills?
    I may be wrong but I think it may be that these jobs will be work from home and you will need to have some specific computer prog available at home ( sorry not much of an IT expert.)