+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 350 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    totally agree in terms of time we need to cut corners but I,m sure Bojo and his advisers are working on that right now cutting through the red tape of regulations in these serious times . We were looking at medical device products today at lunchtime and looking at the products we think the automotive companys would be best to use for assembly . they have some very clever Manufacturing Engineers both in manual and automated processes . I notice the Vauxhall factories are shutting temporary today for a month or two . won't be a problem finding the people with the right skills that's for sure
    Mozz, you are absolutely right.

One of the largest employers in the city where I live, is a car company (Wuling). They set up a medical mask production line within about a week.
    Their huge army of mechanical /electrical engineers, in conjunction with the machinery manufacturers, soon had a production line running.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Sorry to hear all that. Yeah a lot of people are going to be in trouble. Things won't ever be the same after this.
    thanks mate... im home with my 4 year old daughter who had a asthma attack last week.. .so shes not going to school anyways...

and wheres my mrs... she starts work at 3pm today for the last few shifts... and where is she now, out there with what ever fuel we have left in the car shopping for the elderly... one in a million she is

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    never mind quarantine they will have riots on there hands next...

im already an out of work nightclub dj... club has not yet officially announced it will close but with no help from gov regarding health or police care... how can they guarantee your safety so... public liability insurance will be void and without that you cant hold a mass gathering in a venue... so thats me out of work already

my mrs is out of work at the end of the week... her store she works in has done there own forecast model and will be shutting up shop laying everyone off... yes she will get a little payout but it will amount to around £500 which wont buy a few packs a bog roll at this rate... so in a matter of days we are both out of work... yeah i know millions if not billions worldwide will soon be too

but its all bonkers... folks cant go to bars clubs theatre but my kids can go to school on stinking buses and mix with 1,500 other kids plus teachers and parents... ???
    cant go to the pub where there a few people but can go to school... ok

flybe went into admin like a day into this drama... ok give or so a few days and they were already in deep trouble but a day... back when we were all laughing this off for flu... aviation has been hit hard obviously, grounding fleets of planes laying off thousands of staff... but before they announced border cut offs and incoming flights from other countries ??? ok

folks will be destitute and will riot and loot what ever the stores have left...im sure of it

how is all this happening righ now
    Sounds a terrible situation mate, hopefully it doesn’t hit you too hard. The government have to put something in place for people who are struggling otherwise you’re right there will be riots.

God knows why schools are still open, it seems completely mad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Sounds a terrible situation mate, hopefully it doesn’t hit you too hard. The government have to put something in place for people who are struggling otherwise you’re right there will be riots.

God knows why schools are still open, it seems completely mad to me.
    cheers bro, me too...

every day i go up to bed and hope to wake up and it was all a dream... only every day it just gets worse

The editor of the Lancet is quoted as saying
    "We have wasted 7 weeks. This crisis was entirely preventable"

never mind quarantine they will have riots on there hands next...

im already an out of work nightclub dj... club has not yet officially announced it will close but with no help from gov regarding health or police care... how can they guarantee your safety so... public liability insurance will be void and without that you cant hold a mass gathering in a venue... so thats me out of work already

my mrs is out of work at the end of the week... her store she works in has done there own forecast model and will be shutting up shop laying everyone off... yes she will get a little payout but it will amount to around £500 which wont buy a few packs a bog roll at this rate... so in a matter of days we are both out of work... yeah i know millions if not billions worldwide will soon be too

but its all bonkers... folks cant go to bars clubs theatre but my kids can go to school on stinking buses and mix with 1,500 other kids plus teachers and parents... ???
    cant go to the pub where there a few people but can go to school... ok

flybe went into admin like a day into this drama... ok give or so a few days and they were already in deep trouble but a day... back when we were all laughing this off for flu... aviation has been hit hard obviously, grounding fleets of planes laying off thousands of staff... but before they announced border cut offs and incoming flights from other countries ??? ok

folks will be destitute and will riot and loot what ever the stores have left...im sure of it

how is all this happening righ now
    I am not generally a gloom and doom merchant on here but I have also thought that looting may very well be a problem in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am not generally a gloom and doom merchant on here but I have also thought that looting may very well be a problem in the coming months.
    We rioted for a week almost country wide because a drug dealer got shot on the way to kill someone.

I can only imagine what it will be like once businesses go under and people stop getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Pretty 100% anti- govt. articles as far back as you can go.
    F*cking hell you have to be on a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I was a delivery driver for one of those supermarkets I'd be worried as well - likelihood of being "held up" by 21st century highwaymen must be a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    If I was a delivery driver for one of those supermarkets I'd be worried as well - likelihood of being "held up" by 21st century highwaymen must be a possibility...
    i cant believe wqe are even having to talk about all this my heads blown...

i can imagine some desperate folks will go to other measures to feed there kids... and some will do it for pure personal gain

for me im also a little worried about communications... with no money coming in, bills wont get paid... broadband mobile phone and such... virgin will no doubt cut us off as i have not heard they will freeze bills so no pay no play... wont be long and ill be shut off

i cant believe wqe are even having to talk about all this my heads blown...

i can imagine some desperate folks will go to other measures to feed there kids... and some will do it for pure personal gain

for me im also a little worried about communications... with no money coming in, bills wont get paid... broadband mobile phone and such... virgin will no doubt cut us off as i have not heard they will freeze bills so no pay no play... wont be long and ill be shut off
    i would have thought that from the point you stop paying it will take a couple of months to get to the point where you no longer have service - and by that time government intervention will have done something about it.

anyway lets hope so.

Food and power are the main things you need to have.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe yes, but balanced against how many people back then thought it was a fuss over nothing (let alone now) it would never have worked.
    Can you really see millions of people locking themselves away for twelve weeks at any time? Judging by what France are doing, I think it's not just the elderly and the vulnerable that will be expected to do it soon - people will start off with good intentions, but will soon start rebelling and risking whatever punishment they'll be threatened with.

There were people looting the houses down Nantgarw that were abandoned during the floods.

Nothing will surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The editor of the Lancet is quoted as saying
    "We have wasted 7 weeks. This crisis was entirely preventable"
    The same Lancet who backed Wakefield re vaccination causing autism claims?

laura ashley stores gone... 150 stores 2.500 staff...

whos next

whos next
    They were going anyway !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    The same Lancet who backed Wakefield re vaccination causing autism claims?
    The same Lancet that retracted the Wakefield article more than a decade ago. That's a pretty weak attempt at discrediting a pretty widely respected journal.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Exactly anything that has an issue will be pushed to the wall quickly. Do you think this virus isn't going to have a huge eefect on the economy?

Struggling businesses will be the first to go, many more will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    true same as flybe.. think they were hoping for a bit of a handout though,,, no chance of that now, they have obviously been told no

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Exactly anything that has an issue will be pushed to the wall quickly. Do you think this virus isn't going to have a huge eefect on the economy?

Struggling businesses will be the first to go, many more will follow.
    They need propping up and fast!
    Mr Indecisive passing the buck is not helping matters and the guidance being broadcast of how to claim off the DWP once the unthinkable has happened is just crass!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can you really see millions of people locking themselves away for twelve weeks at any time? Judging by what France are doing, I think it's not just the elderly and the vulnerable that will be expected to do it soon - people will start off with good intentions, but will soon start rebelling and risking whatever punishment they'll be threatened with.
    I honestly don't think our Govt. - or any govt. for that matter - seriously expects the 12/14 weeks quarantine to be maintained. My hunch is they're hoping for something like 2 weeks before everyone starts 'breaking out'. Much better than telling people it's going to be 2 weeks and then seeing people on the streets after 2/3 days.

If I'm wrong and the timescales are accurate, there won't be anything left to return to - jobs, business, economy, nothing..

whos next
    Car Phone Warehouse....Gone

Car Phone Warehouse....Gone
    watching sky news last few hours...

trump on tv lashing out trillions of dollars to prop up business... sounds like everyone is going to recieve around $1000 like the normal joe on the street so to speak...

clear this is more than some bs virus... they springing money out of nowhere that must be hoarded in federal reserve for the end of the world type thing..

watching our lot... we were talking about doctors in london for example pleading with goverment to send ppe as they are having to make up paper towel masks as supplies are running out.. asked when supplies will arrive they could not even answer!!!

everyone moans about trump... id be on the next bloody plane out of here if the option was on the table... we are a global shambles

watching sky news last few hours...

trump on tv lashing out trillions of dollars to prop up business... sounds like everyone is going to recieve around $1000 like the normal joe on the street so to speak...

clear this is more than some bs virus... they springing money out of nowhere that must be hoarded in federal reserve for the end of the world type thing..

watching our lot... we were talking about doctors in london for example pleading with goverment to send ppe as they are having to make up paper towel masks as supplies are running out.. asked when supplies will arrive they could not even answer!!!

everyone moans about trump... id be on the next bloody plane out of here if the option was on the table... we are a global shambles
    It's just a financial stimulus. It can be more effective than just giving to the banks.
    Hong Kong did something very similar recently

Has anyone read the Imperial College study? It can be found here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

The major challenge of suppression is that this type of intensive intervention package – or something equivalently effective at reducing transmission – will need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available (potentially 18 months or more) – given that we predict that transmission will quickly rebound if interventions are relaxed.
    There are hundreds of thousands of very worried people who can't financially support themselves for any real length of time (see majority of the self-employed, lower wages, or single parent families) and we've just had 10 years of cuts to services that are now going to be relied on.