+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 350 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    You appear to be wrong, again.
    Mad that there are two people on here weird enough to use virtue signaller unironically then.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Mad that there are two people on here weird enough to use virtue signaller unironically then.
    You're such a regular Columbo.

We often hear about how the asymptomatic cases hide the true death rate but there is a good case to say that the same is true in balance for unidentified deaths. Interesting article from italy reporting that phenomenon

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_...?refresh_ce-cp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We often hear about how the asymptomatic cases hide the true death rate but there is a good case to say that the same is true in balance for unidentified deaths. Interesting article from italy reporting that phenomenon

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_...?refresh_ce-cp
    Ultimately it's the death rates of those without serious underlying conditions that will give us a truer picture, but what we don't know is how many people would die if we destroyed the global economy? I don't envy the people who are trying to predict the future, as the consequences of getting it wrong could be horriffic.

Why do you have such a problem with people who don't tell you what you want to hear? Even a person with the fate of the world in their hands is wrong according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why do you have such a problem with people who don't tell you what you want to hear? Even a person with the fate of the world in their hands is wrong according to you.
    He knows best after all.

Very interesting, makes it seem much less like sure good news really.
    More doom and gloom, hey.

Seems unreal to be reading things like this.
    Birmingham Airport could become emergency mortuary
    Birmingham airport.jpg
    Birmingham Airport could be used as a temporary mortuary for up to 12,000 bodies in a worst-case coronavirus scenario after talks with several local councils.

Matt Hancock tests positive as well.

The coronavirus lockdown has led to big drops in air pollution across the country’s major cities....

Levels of toxic pollutants were likely to fall even further.... as traffic remained off the roads but prevailing westerly winds from the Atlantic returned.

The data shows drops in tiny particle pollution of a third to a half in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, falls of about quarter in Manchester, York and Belfast, with smaller declines in Glasgow and Newcastle. For nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution, the data also shows declines of a third to a half in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, and drops of 10-20% in the other cities.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...19-latest-news

What? You think I want to hear this is bad? I'd much rather what you are posting to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Seems unreal to be reading things like this.

Birmingham Airport could be used as a temporary mortuary for up to 12,000 bodies in a worst-case coronavirus scenario after talks with several local councils.
    You want to see the contingency plans for a global economic collapse, they will scare you shitless!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The coronavirus lockdown has led to big drops in air pollution across the country’s major cities....

Levels of toxic pollutants were likely to fall even further.... as traffic remained off the roads but prevailing westerly winds from the Atlantic returned.

The data shows drops in tiny particle pollution of a third to a half in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, falls of about quarter in Manchester, York and Belfast, with smaller declines in Glasgow and Newcastle. For nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution, the data also shows declines of a third to a half in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, and drops of 10-20% in the other cities.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...19-latest-news
    I'm interested to see what the major reduction of air traffic is going to do for the CO2 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm interested to see what the major reduction of air traffic is going to do for the CO2 levels.
    Greta is sad Greta.

Greta sad Greta been upstaged by pandemic.

Ultimately it's the death rates of those without serious underlying conditions that will give us a truer picture, but what we don't know is how many people would die if we destroyed the global economy? I don't envy the people who are trying to predict the future, as the consequences of getting it wrong could be horriffic.
    Well that will be moderately dependant on whether the health service in any particular country copes under the strain.

What do you mean by 'destroyed the global economy'?

You want to see the contingency plans for a global economic collapse, they will scare you shitless!
    I'm not sure this penny has dropped. I'm close to the 70+ age group yet am far more worried for my children and grandchildrens' futures. There was already a period of reckoning coming for global economies. This could tip literally everything over the edge of a cliff..

More doom and gloom, hey.
    Why do you have such a problem with people who don't tell you what you want to hear?
    The irony.

Fauci deserves a medal. I don't know how many times I have seen him cover for Trump's innate ability to talk utter tosh about really serious subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm not sure this penny has dropped. I'm close to the 70+ age group yet am far more worried for my children and grandchildrens' futures. There was already a period of reckoning coming for global economies. This could tip literally everything over the edge of a cliff..
    It's alright. Walesbales has obtained a copy of the contingency plans for a global economic collapse. I am sure he can share this with you and your family so you can make adequate preparations.

Global economic collapse = social anarchy. It's best not to speculate too much about that other than inner city areas will be first to experience mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Global economic collapse = social anarchy. It's best not to speculate too much about that other than inner city areas will be first to experience mayhem.
    So we would be better off not having a quaratine and everyone going about their daily business as usual then?

I'd go for isolating the already ill - whether elderly or not - route rather than the path being taken. To me it's the lesser of two evils. I'm amongst a small minority though.

So we would be better off not having a quaratine and everyone going about their daily business as usual then?
    This website is ****ing madness. Too many blokes with way to much time on their hands. The worst thing about it is that everyone thinks that they're correct on every subject they like to pontificate on, seeing something in other posters replies that simply don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'd go for isolating the already ill - whether elderly or not - route rather than the path being taken. To me it's the lesser of two evils. I'm amongst a small minority though.
    But there is a good chance people who aren't showing symptoms have the virus and are contangeous though, you're going to end up with loads more ill and loads more needing to use the ICU in that case.

Italy and Spain isolated anyone showing symptoms initially and it didn't do any good there, why would it work here?

But there is a good chance people who aren't showing symptoms have the virus and are contangeous though, you're going to end up with loads more ill and loads more needing to use the ICU in that case.

Italy and Spain isolated anyone showing symptoms initially and it didn't do any good there, why would it work here?
    As I said, lesser of two evils. Trump's been struggling to convey the same message re the cure being worse than the disease.