+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 350 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Meanwhile, teachers have started dying from CV. The first one I've heard of by us, reported today. Wouldn't suprise me if there are more. Schools are a great place to incubate disease and spread it about.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's written by Professor John Oxford, who a Google search reveals as an expert on the 1918 flu. Looks like Wales Bales has got some very clever plan up his sleeve.

https://novuscomms.com/2020/03/31/a-...r-john-oxford/
    Even in that blog it says it will be as bad as that flu if we are isolating. If everyone was going about their daily lives as normal we’d be ****ed.

But a second piece of good news is that the Chinese are lifting their social distancing and the country is slowly getting back to normal. At the same time, an Australian Mathematical model paper is published which clearly predicts that compliance with “social distancing” must be 80 or 90% otherwise it will not work. My friend Peter Doherty in Australia has reminded everyone that the positive effects of this intervention similar to which we are trying to do here) will take 2 weeks to filter through to fewer deaths etc, so do not expect instant results! Incidentally Peter has ‘form’ because of his Nobel Prize! There must be 80-90% compliance.

More young people are showing serious clinical problems during infections particularly if diabetic and overweight. So, the problems are not confined to the grandparents who seem to be behaving themselves at least as regards social distancing!
    The context

Don’t the U.K. usually have around 17,000 deaths from flu per year? We’d have that in a month if people weren’t taking the current measures.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Meanwhile, teachers have started dying from CV. The first one I've heard of by us, reported today. Wouldn't suprise me if there are more. Schools are a great place to incubate disease and spread it about.
    Seeing as i have seen 2 people in my street pulled out of their homes in body bags from 8 o'clock last night, and one person in my office of 10 has spent 3 days hospitalized, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if more than 1 teacher dies from it.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Don’t the U.K. usually have around 17,000 deaths from flu per year? We’d have that in a month if people weren’t taking the current measures.
    In 18/19 flu season it was less than 2000.

The biggest difference between this virus and the flu is the number of people that require hospitalisation. about 1-2% whereas for covid-19 it is something like 15%, which is what is causing the healthcare systems to become overrun and then the mortality rate spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In 18/19 flu season it was less than 2000.

The biggest difference between this virus and the flu is the number of people that require hospitalisation. about 1-2% whereas for covid-19 it is something like 15%, which is what is causing the healthcare systems to become overrun and then the mortality rate spikes.
    Yes that's exactly the issue, people keep mentioning direct mortality rate seem to be missing this point.

I'm sure it was mentioned on page 1, if people still don't grasp that after 30 pages we have no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    There’s been some off the wall shite posted in here for the last month. But how the **** did this make sense in your head?

Because we are already seeing evidence of people being fed up now. Car usage is back on the rise. Parks are busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Because we are already seeing evidence of people being fed up now. Car usage is back on the rise. Parks are busy.
    Is it? Got a link to that info? I was thinking it seemed busier nearme but not as much as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is it? Got a link to that info? I was thinking it seemed busier nearme but not as much as normal.
    The uptick in car usage was mentioned during a recent Government briefing.

Anecdotally, i agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just look out of the window

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just look out of the window
    What are the chances that the one time we need shit weather on a Bank Holiday weekend we get the opposite?

What are the chances that the one time we need shit weather on a Bank Holiday weekend we get the opposite?
    Nailed on. The news is going to be full of reports of stupid people out and about because the weather is good and sad people posting pictures of crowded areas. I'm watching The Phil Silvers Show instead.

19 degrees and sunny this Sunday, going to be a big test

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Personally, I would say the best advice is to spend less time watching TV news which is sensational and not very good. Personally, I view this Covid outbreak as akin to a bad winter influenza epidemic. In this case we have had 8000 deaths this last year in the at risk groups viz over 65% people with heart disease etc. I do not feel this current Covid will exceed this number. We are suffering from a media epidemic!
    When things hadn't been closed you ridiculed posters who said that they should be by asking them why they thought they knew better than the experts. Now things have been closed and the UK has pivoted closer to what those posters were initially suggesting, you know better and it's no worse than flu.

Laughable.

I see Matt Hancock saiid today that it is "perfectly possible" that predictions from scientists that Easter Sunday may see a peak in death figures which suggests that the new cases figures are expected to plateau next week based on what's happened in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    When things hadn't been closed you ridiculed posters who said that they should be by asking them why they thought they knew better than the experts. Now things have been closed and the UK has pivoted closer to what those posters were initially suggesting, you know better and it's no worse than flu.

Laughable.
    Could you restate this in plain English.

Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Matt Hancock saiid today that it is "perfectly possible" that predictions from scientists that Easter Sunday may see a peak in death figures which suggests that the new cases figures are expected to plateau next week based on what's happened in other countries.
    Every day I hope to see the figures lower.

The number of cases seems to be levelling out which is a good sign. The people who are not coming through this, sadly, will be a few days later.

Italy are on the 4th week of lockdown, their new cases are starting to drop but are still high.

Thanks.
    He said you're chatting bollocks as usual.

Thanks.
    You are a hypocrite

Had a **** full of the people who are not respecting the social distancing rules we have in place.

Some prick in Aldi last night walking back and forth the queue where they've got the red circles clearly marked out every 2 metres. He only had a pack of sandwiches and normally I would say to someone with a handful of bits to jump ahead of me but he was being an impatient prick so I thought "Nah, **** him".

He eventually gave his sandwiches to his mate who was waiting patiently in the queue and then proceeded to barge past an old lady so I couldnt bite my tongue any longer and asked him what the **** he was playing at? Did he think we were queuing like this for a laugh or that the 6 foot of plastic glass between the cashier and customer which hed just barged the old lady into was up for a joke?.
    The cheeky **** told me he had given his sandwiches to his mate to pay. He obviously thought I was having a go at him for cheating the queue totally oblivious to the real issue of social distancing!!!

The youngsters I can cut some slack but this guy was late 40s early 50s ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Had a **** full of the people who are not respecting the social distancing rules we have in place.

Some prick in Aldi last night walking back and forth the queue where they've got the red circles clearly marked out every 2 metres. He only had a pack of sandwiches and normally I would say to someone with a handful of bits to jump ahead of me but he was being an impatient prick so I thought "Nah, **** him".

He eventually gave his sandwiches to his mate who was waiting patiently in the queue and then proceeded to barge past an old lady so I couldnt bite my tongue any longer and asked him what the **** he was playing at? Did he think we were queuing like this for a laugh or that the 6 foot of plastic glass between the cashier and customer which hed just barged the old lady into was up for a joke?.
    The cheeky **** told me he had given his sandwiches to his mate to pay. He obviously thought I was having a go at him for cheating the queue totally oblivious to the real issue of social distancing!!!

The youngsters I can cut some slack but this guy was late 40s early 50s ffs.
    I said it before, Social distancing just isnt working like it should, guidelines just do not work, we need hard and fast rules

B&M are still open , they sell a small amount of food, my brother-in-laws flat mate works in there, she had to help a couple with garden furniture to the car park, now thats not essential

I took the dogs for a walk today, Yes i crossed the road when people approached us, on one corner We witnessed 9 OAP's having a chat, now these had no concept of 2M apart

people are still not getting it

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    But equally eminent experts are saying different things.

Which ones do you believe?
    It wasn't clear your follow-up comment was directed to me. Examples of what?

I know (from personal experience) there is an awful lot of politics going on in the background around this.

I also know the data that is thrown up worldwide is highly dubious in terms of its validity and usefulness. Some is more useful, some is less so. It's very difficult to pick out the data that is trustworthy from that which is not. A lot of emphasis is being given to some Icelandic data (
    https://www.zmescience.com/medicine/...covid-19-0523/).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Laughable.
    Let me unpick this a bit for you.

Gluey thought his banker troll post of the day was to take a paragraph of a blog by a virologist and post it as if he had said the words himself. The complete opposite of his usual MO which is to post someone else's words or video showing how itk he is but without any commentary about what this proves.

Presumably the aim this time was to suck people into how utterly outlandish the quote was and then point out they weren't his words but those of a respected Professor.

Unfortunately Lardy sussed it within minutes of the post and others provided the context. The context being the Professor's words clearly set out that the stringent measures in place here and elsewhere provide the justification that the ultimate health toll of this will be akin to seasonal flu, not that this will happen naturally.

You probably got the backlash of the frustration that his jolly wheeze had blown up spectacularly in his face.