+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 350 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Jesus Christ. At least tell us that the barbers was closed and there aren't more idiots out there thinking haircuts are ok?
    Don't jump to conclusions like lots of others on here. My hair was cut in my bathroom by my wife. Do have have your approval for that!

So you missed the briefing because you went for a haut cut in your own house ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions like lots of others on here. My hair was cut in my bathroom by my wife. Do have have your approval for that!
    Who the hell words that they were getting a haircut by their wife in their home as "I went for a haircut"?!

I guess you do...

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you missed the briefing because you went for a haut cut in your own house ?
    Yes, but the point was that having cursed her for nagging me to the point of giving in I discovered I would have missed it anyway because the BBC didn't broadcast it. So she ended up being able to say "See you didn't miss anything important" in that tone of voice that wives can use.

Yes, but the point was that having cursed her for nagging me to the point of giving in I discovered I would have missed it anyway because the BBC didn't broadcast it. So she ended up being able to say "See you didn't miss anything important" in that tone of voice that wives can use.
    bike.jpg

Can I isolate in your bathroom with your wife for an hour or two. I’m currently resembling Cousin It!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Can I isolate in your bathroom with your wife for an hour or two. I’m currently resembling Cousin It!!!!!
    No need for that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Trsut me if you did you'd come out looking like a billiard ball once se carats with the cliipers she is difficult to stop lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No need for that.
    I’m desperate for a trim, on a similar note, the male hair dyeing brigade must be suffering as well as women having trouble with their roots. I wonder if there are any newish relationships that the couple are now isolating together and the woman is commenting how sharp he’s going grey?

Trsut me if you did you'd come out looking like a billiard ball once se carats with the cliipers she is difficult to stop lol

Cancel my appointment immediately!!!!!!!!

Whilst we form orderly queues for food at Morrisons (other supermarkets are available) keeping our 2 metre separation, meanwhile in the USA:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52189349

I saw that a few mins ago.

Any excuse to buy more guns.

The attitude to guns in the US will never not be amazing to me.

Health worker in Cardiff dies after Covid 19 diagnosis: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...om-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Health worker in Cardiff dies after Covid 19 diagnosis: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...om-coronavirus
    Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The attitude to guns in the US will never not be amazing to me.
    The only industrialised nation without universal health care.
    Between 27 and 30 million people without health insurance.
    Over half a million people are declared bankrupt each year due to medical bills.
    Guns available to all and sundry.
    Donald Trump at the helm.

Seems a very sick society to me.

The Boris Johnson letter arrived today.

My local Trades Council has sent him one back:

Boris Johnson, you have sent us 1 "simple instruction - stay at home"

We are already doing that.

Here are 2 simple instructions to you:

1. Mass testing
    2. Protective equipment for all key workers

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The only industrialised nation without universal health care.
    Between 27 and 30 million people without health insurance.
    Over half a million people are declared bankrupt each year due to medical bills.
    Guns available to all and sundry.
    Donald Trump at the helm.

Seems a very sick society to me.
    Have you done any travelling around the states at all? I've never been, i think it would be quite fascinating to see how peoples perceptions and beliefs change from state to state. I've always fancied travelling to the south.

Have you done any travelling around the states at all? I've never been, i think it would be quite fascinating to see how peoples perceptions and beliefs change from state to state. I've always fancied travelling to the south.
    Other than the last 4 weeks I spend some time almost every week in the US... we have facilities in 28 of them and I have customers based in 34 of them. Our manufacturing facilities are situated exactly where you’d expect them to be. When I visit I choose to stay in the nearest big or biggish place... I feel it gives me a relatively balanced view of the cultural make of the part of the state I’m in.

Some of my best friends and some of the smartest and kindest people I’ve ever met are American, but that is also true of Canadians and British people.

The US is a fantastic country to explore... I’ve spent time in the last 6 months in all of the Southern most states apart from New Mexico... The cultural diversity is something to behold... you either embrace it or judge it... I feel richer for embracing it

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Other than the last 4 weeks I spend some time almost every week in the US... we have facilities in 28 of them and I have customers based in 34 of them. Our manufacturing facilities are situated exactly where you’d expect them to be. When I visit I choose to stay in the nearest big or biggish place... I feel it gives me a relatively balanced view of the cultural make of the part of the state I’m in.

Some of my best friends and some of the smartest and kindest people I’ve ever met are American, but that is also true of Canadians and British people.

The US is a fantastic country to explore... I’ve spent time in the last 6 months in all of the Southern most states apart from New Mexico... The cultural diversity is something to behold... you either embrace it or judge it... I feel richer for embracing it
    I agree, I've spent a lot of time there and have met some of the nicest and most intelligent people I've ever met. Actually never came across many people who were arse holes or weird but they are obviously out there.

Yes I have visited about ten times, including a number of road trips that were about 2,500 miles long.
    However, I would suggest that some of the CCMB posters living over there have a greatly knowledge of such things.

Surely you can embrace it in some respects and judge it in others. The geography is stunning in parts and there are some cultural aspects that are appealing while there are other things such as health care and guns that are very unappealing and perverse.

Sounds great, it's something i'd like to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Surely you can embrace it in some respects and judge it in others. The geography is stunning in parts and there are some cultural aspects that are appealing while there are other things such as health care and guns that are very unappealing and perverse.
    Judging or embracing is everyone’s prerogative of course. My choice is to embrace it (perhaps better words would have been respect it)... I’m not American, and I don’t live there but as with everything there are opposing perspectives present. I have my own set of values ... they’ve changed over time, but I try not to impose them... happy for people to take me as I am (good or bad)