+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 350 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    The point being that message isn't the complete one. It ignores the reality that most people have probably had the virus by now too.
    Over 100,000 people tested. Over 11,000 positive.

While its obvious that there are more walking around with it there is no way most people have had it. Not even close.

In my opinion of course.

Principality Stadium is to be used as a temporary hospital.

2,000 beds

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm suggesting it's relatively harmless to those who haven't something seriously wrong with them prior. Of course that's more acute when they're elderly who have a habit of dying when they reach 80+.
    51 Italian doctors have died from this.

While the elderly and those with health issues are more at risk this virus and the words relatively harmless shouldnt be in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Principality Stadium is to be used as a temporary hospital.

2,000 beds
    Yes, that is definitely normal. Nothing to see here. Everyone is just panicking because of the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    51 Italian doctors have died from this.

While the elderly and those with health issues are more at risk this virus and the words relatively harmless shouldnt be in the same sentence.
    Yes, it should. Relatively harmless is apposite.

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says

'More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.'

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says

'More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.'
    And those dying are dying because the immune system weakened by the virus, which triggers / enables those underlying illnesses.

Not difficult to understand, that. Without the virus, some but not all would die.

Whatever they say 51 of their doctors treating the ill have caught it and died.

Loads of people if u ask them will say they are in good health. However they may have asthma , diabetes , too high BMI , blood pressure , cholesterol.

Id love to know how they get 99% when their doctors are dying.

Temporary hospitals being set up , thousands of ventilators and extra beds , part lockdown. The government have an idea of whats coming.

Most people will come out of it with their health. But this virus is far from relatively harmless it clearly kills and not just those with serious health conditions.

Sorry didnt read the link. High amount with high blood pressure. A mate of mine is relatively fit plays football but is on blood pressure tabs.

As high blood pressure is an underlying health condition wonder if the front line staff are being tested if people are dying. Dont they call it a silent killer as people walk around without knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    How do we not know that?

It seems to be fairly infectious. I very much doubt any of the figures of infections are including those with no symptoms because who would know?

What I suspect ( gut feeling, not a virologist ) is it's something that is clearly pretty infectious, for the vast majority there are no symptoms or are very, very mild symptoms. Wife has a compromised immune system, she had a virus back in December. The symptoms were pretty much those attributed to covid-19. Didn't require hospitalisation thankfully. Now, we've not been abroad last year, not been in contact with people who have - so if she picked it up then would have been heavily present in UK back in December.
    Or, which is more likely, she didn't have covid in December.

If it was heavily present in the UK in December, it would have been noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We're living in an era of media saturation which can dictate how we perceive the event at the expense of objective analysis. If the BBC had announced one day in 2018 that "1500" people had died today from flu-related causes", and followed up with reports of over-run hospitals etc., I'm sure we would have been horrified. I reckon the audience for the TV News from 6pm onwards is massive and like myself most are almost in a panic by the end of the reports. Then you look at the numbers and the deaths - albeit to date - are equivalent to 9 for a city the size of Birmingham. In 2020 in the Western World we aren't as close to death as those African Countries where make shift hospitals are full of malnourished babies dying in their mothers' arms - we live in a cosy, well-managed world without the hardships other poorer people experience every day. I think it's like FDR said about 'nothing to fear but fear itself".
    It's becoming fun now. For how long will monkfish refuse to accept that it is a real problem? I would have been sure the tail end of march, but apparently not!

Oh good, the lunatics have set up camp in this thread

The month everything changed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-52066956

I'd go for isolating the already ill - whether elderly or not - route rather than the path being taken. To me it's the lesser of two evils. I'm amongst a small minority though.
    **** me how can you have paid attention to how this has unfolded and still think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Dr Anthony Fauci has just come out and said the fatality rate of the Corona virus could be 0.1%, which is the same as pandemic flu. Would that be cause to shut down the entire global economic system? Furthermore, this research is ongoing, so it's not going to be a random decision that will get everybody back to work. The alternative option of doing nothing is fraught with danger, unless you are ok with the idea of the world descending into a Mad Max scenario.
    Why are people still talking about the death rate (one calculated 3 months ago too) when that isn’t the issue.

It is ridiculously contagious and a lot of people who get it require hospitalisation, if this happens the health service gets overwhelmed and indirect deaths and direct deaths go up. How hard is this to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    **** me how can you have paid attention to how this has unfolded and still think this?
    Absolute insistence on being an 'independent thinker' at all costs and have a contrary view.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Absolute insistence on being an 'independent thinker' at all costs and have a contrary view.
    It seems like something a teenager would do to make themselves look “different” for the sake of it.

It must be exhausting, especially when something like this is going on and being so well documented.

It seems like something a teenager would do to make themselves look “different” for the sake of it.

It must be exhausting, especially when something like this is going on and being so well documented.
    Oh, what crap.

I'm hardly alone, am I? I have the company of the President of the United States, Commander-in-Chief, leader of the free world (blah and more blah) articulating the same, which is the consequences of an economic and financial meltdown could prove to be more devastating than what Covid-19 might do.

He has scores of millions of heavily armed citizens to concern himself with and the prospect of a 30% unemployment rate in the months ahead.

Here in 2011 we saw how many predators are out there ready to loot even in the good ol' days.

it’s not worth the effort

Oh, what crap.

I'm hardly alone, am I? I have the company of the President of the United States, Commander-in-Chief, leader of the free world (blah and more blah) articulating the same, which is the consequences of an economic and financial meltdown could prove to be more devastating than what Covid-19 might do.

He has scores of millions of heavily armed citizens to concern himself with and the prospect of a 30% unemployment rate in the months ahead.

Here in 2011 we saw how many predators are out there ready to loot even in the good ol' days.
    You've gone Full Trump. Never go Full Trump.

It’s like he thinks no one else thinks there won’t be a severe effect on the economy because of this. Everyone knows there will be but Italy are having a thousand deaths a day now, New York has already had more people die of Covid than they had homicides last year, the U.K. already has started having 100 deaths a day. You can’t just carry on as normal. And these are just the “direct” deaths, not counting for when the doctors have to chose who dies due to there not being enough bed/staff/equipment.

Wuhan did a total lockdown after the first 30 deaths, I don’t believe China’s exact figures but the early lock down definitely did some good.

I remember at the time thinking it was weird and archaic but there really is no other way to stop this becoming a huge issue.

I'd go for isolating the already ill - whether elderly or not - route rather than the path being taken. To me it's the lesser of two evils. I'm amongst a small minority though.
    I just want to post this again to say how mental it is anyone is still thinking this would work.

I just want to post this again to say how mental it is anyone is still thinking this would work.
    Fine, you have a different point of view. I can accept that. You're fond of accusing others of intransigence while you keep insisting you're correct. It's both amusing and annoying because you're unwilling to contemplate you might be wrong.

It isn’t a different point of view though. It’s the truth.

If you only isolate people with symptoms you’ve got a load of symptomless carriers out there spreading it. The symptoms take 2 weeks to show, some people only show mild symptoms. This will cause exponential growth of the disease. That’s a fact, it’s literally already happened.

Do you disagree with that?

Fine, you have a different point of view. I can accept that. You're fond of accusing others of intransigence while you keep insisting you're correct. It's both amusing and annoying because you're unwilling to contemplate you might be wrong.
    It doesn't sound like you think he is wrong though. It sounds like you think the health of the economy is more important than X number of people's lives (which has no doubt played a part in our slow reaction in the UK). The problem with your way of thinking is that everybody who supports it appears to be calculating X by sticking their fingers in their ears and looking at the overall death rate without factoring in the massive impact that an overwhelmed health service adds.

What is your tipping point? If we knew exactly how many lives we would save by locking down when would you decide that was worth it? 1 million? 10 million?