+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 350 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Let me unpick this a bit for you.

Gluey thought his banker troll post of the day was to take a paragraph of a blog by a virologist and post it as if he had said the words himself. The complete opposite of his usual MO which is to post someone else's words or video showing how itk he is but without any commentary about what this proves.

Presumably the aim this time was to suck people into how utterly outlandish the quote was and then point out they weren't his words but those of a respected Professor.

Unfortunately Lardy sussed it within minutes of the post and others provided the context. The context being the Professor's words clearly set out that the stringent measures in place here and elsewhere provide the justification that the ultimate health toll of this will be akin to seasonal flu, not that this will happen naturally.

You probably got the backlash of the frustration that his jolly wheeze had blown up spectacularly in his face.
    Yeah, I did a bit of a double take when I clicked that link and read it - I thought cheeky bugger, he's only gone and copied what Gluey said word for word!

I think coronavirus was in UK back in December - but not recognised because doctors, GPs weren't looking for it - why would they, wasn't transmitted from person to person according to the Chinese and WHO.

My wife had most of the symptom back then, it was instead diagnosed as viral flu.

If it is the case that it was present and active in the UK back before Christmas, then could it be the case we're now approaching peak levels quite quickly and also that, if having it gives immunity, then a fair few should be immune already?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Had a **** full of the people who are not respecting the social distancing rules we have in place.

Some prick in Aldi last night walking back and forth the queue where they've got the red circles clearly marked out every 2 metres. He only had a pack of sandwiches and normally I would say to someone with a handful of bits to jump ahead of me but he was being an impatient prick so I thought "Nah, **** him".

He eventually gave his sandwiches to his mate who was waiting patiently in the queue and then proceeded to barge past an old lady so I couldnt bite my tongue any longer and asked him what the **** he was playing at? Did he think we were queuing like this for a laugh or that the 6 foot of plastic glass between the cashier and customer which hed just barged the old lady into was up for a joke?.
    The cheeky **** told me he had given his sandwiches to his mate to pay. He obviously thought I was having a go at him for cheating the queue totally oblivious to the real issue of social distancing!!!

The youngsters I can cut some slack but this guy was late 40s early 50s ffs.
    I had one queuing up to get into a shop. Old guy, queue about 10 deep waiting to get in. He walks straight to the front of the queue, stands right in front of the lady whose turn it is next. "I only want some TCP" he says. Security guard and the lady ask him to queue like everyone else. Guy mutters "I was going to get a lot of things but you've lost my custom now". Arse.

In the same queue there were 2 guys in their 50s in front of me, never met each other before, but struck up a nice chat from distance and ended up standing next to each other. Idiots.

It was a copying error, so no need to go all paranoid android on us!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I had one queuing up to get into a shop. Old guy, queue about 10 deep waiting to get in. He walks straight to the front of the queue, stands right in front of the lady whose turn it is next. "I only want some TCP" he says. Security guard and the lady ask him to queue like everyone else. Guy mutters "I was going to get a lot of things but you've lost my custom now". Arse.

In the same queue there were 2 guys in their 50s in front of me, never met each other before, but struck up a nice chat from distance and ended up standing next to each other. Idiots.
    Most people queuing outside our local shops are fine - keeping a good distance and waiting their turn. But out for a daily walk it is different: cyclists and joggers (in their own cloud of sweat) often don't care and pass within inches - some of them are kids but most are adults. Selfish, stupid and possibly lethal.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11968101

Sweden isn’t shutting down at all, will be interesting to see if they’d strategy works

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I think coronavirus was in UK back in December - but not recognised because doctors, GPs weren't looking for it - why would they, wasn't transmitted from person to person according to the Chinese and WHO.

My wife had most of the symptom back then, it was instead diagnosed as viral flu.

If it is the case that it was present and active in the UK back before Christmas, then could it be the case we're now approaching peak levels quite quickly and also that, if having it gives immunity, then a fair few should be immune already?
    It's a big assumption to make. More likely that your wife was ill with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's a big assumption to make. More likely that your wife was ill with something else.
    beginning to think its been here longer than we realise, my son in law fit 35 year old had what was diagnosed as viral pneumonia in jan, all his family got milder symptoms, they got it from my other daughter.
    my partners son a really fit 34 year 6'6 fireman also ended up hospitalised in late Jan with again pneumonia type illness.
    and a guy i played golf with also had pneumonia in jan/feb
    now I'm 62 and before this year never met anyone who had contracted pneumonia suddenly three people i know had a serious pneumonia type illness in a short space of time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    beginning to think its been here longer than we realise, my son in law fit 35 year old had what was diagnosed as viral pneumonia in jan, all his family got milder symptoms, they got it from my other daughter.
    my partners son a really fit 34 year 6'6 fireman also ended up hospitalised in late Jan with again pneumonia type illness.
    and a guy i played golf with also had pneumonia in jan/feb
    now I'm 62 and before this year never met anyone who had contracted pneumonia suddenly three people i know had a serious pneumonia type illness in a short space of time!!
    I can believe it was here earlier than first thought and late January is certainly possible given that the first confirmed case in the UK occurred on the 31st of that month, but, considering the speed at which the virus appears to spread, December seems very unlikely to me.

On this I think you are spot on,had the same experience myself.

The vast majority who think they may have had it particularly earlier havent had it.

I was chatting to a NHS worker yesterday who lives by me. I knew shed been very ill with flu like symptoms. The testers had gone to the house with all the protection on. She still looked unwell and had lost a lot of weight.

Her result was negative. She said she had been really ill and lost 4 pounds in a couple of days. She said in a way she wished shed have been diagnosed as positive but there are other viruses about.

Im hearing loads saying they think theyve had. Almost certainly they havent.

Unless you were ill in December and had recently been to China or had contact with someone who had recently been to China, I can't see that it was this coronavirus. That's asking for a lot of transmission to get to you.

Even now people are having those symptoms but it's another illness and that's after a lot of spread has happened. It's not as if they are very unique and distinctive symptoms.

I think there are some that have convinced themselves that this is widespread in the UK and there is already mass immunity and been mass infections with either very mild or no symptoms.

I dont believe this at all. I dont know anyone personally with a diagnosis or been told of someone who has it. I live in the Cynon Valley. I just dont think weve been hit YET and I think the same is the case elsewhere.

So important that people keep isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think there are some that have convinced themselves that this is widespread in the UK and there is already mass immunity and been mass infections with either very mild or no symptoms.

I dont believe this at all. I dont know anyone personally with a diagnosis or been told of someone who has it. I live in the Cynon Valley. I just dont think weve been hit YET and I think the same is the case elsewhere.

So important that people keep isolated.
    I agree with the gist of what you are saying, but someone who lived about a quarter of a mile from me died of it about ten days ago and I'm told he was a blind person who had never worked and didn't get out and about much at all, so it's found its way to the upper Rhondda at least.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with the gist of what you are saying, but someone who lived about a quarter of a mile from me died of it about ten days ago and I'm told he was a blind person who had never worked and didn't get out and about much at all, so it's found its way to the upper Rhondda at least.
    Awful. Hope that whoever passed it on hasnt been in contact with too many and is contained. A lot of elderly vulnerable people have care packages with carers calling up to 4 times a day.

Sadly in the coming months we are all likely to know or know of someone taken by this dreadful virus.

Disbelief really by reading a poster still going on as if its flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Awful. Hope that whoever passed it on hasnt been in contact with too many and is contained. A lot of elderly vulnerable people have care packages with carers calling up to 4 times a day.

Sadly in the coming months we are all likely to know or know of someone taken by this dreadful virus.

Disbelief really by reading a poster still going on as if its flu.
    There have been deaths in the Cynon valley due to it as well.

Unless you were ill in December and had recently been to China or had contact with someone who had recently been to China, I can't see that it was this coronavirus. That's asking for a lot of transmission to get to you.

Even now people are having those symptoms but it's another illness and that's after a lot of spread has happened. It's not as if they are very unique and distinctive symptoms.
    We live on the edge of Cathays. Given the number of asian students Cardiff Uni encourage ( overseas students pay higher fees after all ), it's not impossible for it to have been present in the UK before Christmas.

It's also not impossible that what we are seeing right now could well be a mutation.

We live on the edge of Cathays. Given the number of asian students Cardiff Uni encourage ( overseas students pay higher fees after all ), it's not impossible for it to have been present in the UK before Christmas.

It's also not impossible that what we are seeing right now could well be a mutation.
    Most of those students are probably Malaysian, and even if they are from China it's very unlikely they had recently been back in their home country. Isn't the end of uni term something like mid December? I can't see anyone being in China at the time of the virus and then coming to Cardiff for the sake of a short time before the Christmas break.

Most of those students are probably Malaysian, and even if they are from China it's very unlikely they had recently been back in their home country. Isn't the end of uni term something like mid December? I can't see anyone being in China at the time of the virus and then coming to Cardiff for the sake of a short time before the Christmas break.
    Again, we simply don't know.

I don't think anyone can have any confidence the virus wasn't here pre Jan. If it was, then it may well be the case we plateau sooner rather than later.

Again, we simply don't know.

I don't think anyone can have any confidence the virus wasn't here pre Jan. If it was, then it may well be the case we plateau sooner rather than later.
    I can see you really really want to believe your wife was one of the first to have coronavirus rather than one of the many common viruses that people get at that time of year, every year, so ok.

To help you out, I just checked and Cardiff does have lots of students from China (it's changed since I was working there, clearly), but I still can't see many of them having gone to China and back in December

The think it’s tu e symptoms aren’t as much like flu it’s more like pneumonia. I think most people would just have had normal flu or a cold.

I was in China in December and had the worst cold of my life when I got back but the fact I didn’t pass it onto anyone at work or anyone in my family makes me sure it wasn’t it. I went to the states the day after I got back from China too so I’d probably have been public enemy number 1 if I did actually have it

If you had it I think you’d be aware of it because a lot of people you interacted with would have had it too.

I can see you really really want to believe your wife was one of the first to have coronavirus rather than one of the many common viruses that people get at that time of year, every year, so ok.

To help you out, I just checked and Cardiff does have lots of students from China (it's changed since I was working there, clearly), but I still can't see many of them having gone to China and back in December
    I can simplify This. Chances of Picking up Corona Virus from Chinese Students in Cardiff During December-Working on the Probability they had Gone home and back again (loads of them don't go back during term time) And were returning to an infected area-Slim Chance

Chances of Having a heavy Cold during December in the UK-Good Chance.

I live about a mile and a half from a concentration of Chinese students-There are lots on Maindy Rd and Colum Rd, i had a cold in December-Just saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can simplify This. Chances of Picking up Corona Virus from Chinese Students in Cardiff During December-Working on the Probability they had Gone home and back again (loads of them don't go back during term time) And were returning to an infected area-Slim Chance

Chances of Having a heavy Cold during December in the UK-Good Chance.

I live about a mile and a half from a concentration of Chinese students-There are lots on Maindy Rd and Colum Rd, i had a cold in December-Just saying..
    Tight chest, unable to breath - check.
    Temperature and bad sweats overnight - check.
    Nasty cough that didn't go away quickly - check.
    Chronic fatigue - check.

Given her compromised immune system, a bit more than a cold - Just saying. GP has also said it's a possibility she had it back then given the increased GP knowledge of coronavirus now.

End of the day, given she'll not be tested, we'll never know.

Gluey thought his banker troll post of the day was to take a paragraph of a blog by a virologist and post it as if he had said the words himself. The complete opposite of his usual MO which is to post someone else's words or video showing how itk he is but without any commentary about what this proves.

Presumably the aim this time was to suck people into how utterly outlandish the quote was and then point out they weren't his words but those of a respected Professor.

Unfortunately Lardy sussed it within minutes of the post and others provided the context. The context being the Professor's words clearly set out that the stringent measures in place here and elsewhere provide the justification that the ultimate health toll of this will be akin to seasonal flu, not that this will happen naturally.

You probably got the backlash of the frustration that his jolly wheeze had blown up spectacularly in his face.
    Can read him like a book, albeit not a good one.

Can read him like a book, albeit not a good one.
    Says the resident Russia collusion disinformation expert!