+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 350 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I can’t believe people think a Tory government would allow such a shit show to happen to the economy unless it was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    It isn’t a different point of view though. It’s the truth.

If you only isolate people with symptoms you’ve got a load of symptomless carriers out there spreading it. The symptoms take 2 weeks to show, some people only show mild symptoms. This will cause exponential growth of the disease. That’s a fact, it’s literally already happened.

Do you disagree with that?
    I don't disagree.

UK government Covid-19 status remains the same today as when I posted this link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...us-of-covid-19 two days back.

Do you know what high consequence means? It means the disease itself has to have a mortality rate of over a certain percent.

As said a 1000 times it isn’t the direct mortality rate with this that’s the issue. If you can’t see that after all this time I don’t know when you will.

By posting that link you aren’t being clever you’re ignoring the point of the whole thing.

As well when people keep saying the death rate is only 0.1%, even though that’s not right let’s entertain it.

If we say it’s not really that contagious and we go about our normal life and only 25% (it’s a lot more contagious than that) of the U.K. gets it (~15 million).

We would still end up with 15,000 people dying. And that’s significantly underestimating how contagious and fatal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Oh, what crap.

I'm hardly alone, am I? I have the company of the President of the United States, Commander-in-Chief, leader of the free world (blah and more blah) articulating the same, which is the consequences of an economic and financial meltdown could prove to be more devastating than what Covid-19 might do.

He has scores of millions of heavily armed citizens to concern himself with and the prospect of a 30% unemployment rate in the months ahead.

Here in 2011 we saw how many predators are out there ready to loot even in the good ol' days.
    Lining up alongside Trump

**** sake

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    **** sake
    We all know he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's excelled himself (and amazed the rest of us) this time! F**kn cretin!

I was thinking ok, he's signing a document surrounded by lots of people with no social distancing, odd at the current time but not very funny.

Then the pens get handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Fine, you have a different point of view. I can accept that. You're fond of accusing others of intransigence while you keep insisting you're correct. It's both amusing and annoying because you're unwilling to contemplate you might be wrong.
    From the very start of this you've smugly made claims as if you know what you're talking about. You've consistently been proven wrong, often spectacularly ("it's been designed only to affect Asians, wake me up when a non Asian dies" - current infection rate over the world 614,413) and yet you still pop up and smugly make claims like you know what you're talking about. THAT'S why people won't accept they're wrong when talking to you, because you talk utter, utter shite

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    From the very start of this you've smugly made claims as if you know what you're talking about. You've consistently been proven wrong, often spectacularly ("it's been designed only to affect Asians, wake me up when a non Asian dies" - current infection rate over the world 614,413) and yet you still pop up and smugly make claims like you know what you're talking about. THAT'S why people won't accept they're wrong when talking to you, because you talk utter, utter shite
    Need a like button on this site.

Local co-op store, you can buy national lottery tickets and scratchcards. They are however refusing to pay out, claiming "national legislation"... isiots.

Sigh, I would come up with a typo when calling others "idiots"...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Sigh, I would come up with a typo when calling others "idiots"...
    Happens to the best of us

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And who the hell is interested in the fact he's lucky enough to have loads of money? What's that got to do with having your lungs ripped apart and drowning in blood and phlegm?

I was reading recently about how we process information and make decisions. In essence, we often jump to uninformed, instinctive initial opinions and beliefs about something and then set about filtering-out and dismissing any information that contradicts this belief whilst gathering anything that appears to support it.

We don’t actually use reasoning a lot of the time we just invent arguments to support out intuitive beliefs. It’s due to the way our brains have evolved into areas that manage automatic and controlled thought processes, which are sometimes in conflict.

So it’s really just the way we are and we often don’t realise we’re doing it but it can be observed. It’s probably why you very rarely see people acknowledging they’ve shifted their views in these discussions and why we get so frustrated with others who just can’t see our own point of view. This isn’t just some people, we all have this tendency. So basically we’re wasting our time here

260 dead between 5pm on the 26th and 5pm on the 27th. We are moving at some pace now, no wonder the government are building temporary hospitals across the country.

A medical fetish site says it has donated its entire stock of disposable scrubs to an NHS hospital that was “desperate” for supplies.

On Twitter, MedFetUK wrote:

We have been contacted this week by representatives of NHS procurement all over the country, trying to source basic protective equipment and clothing.

When we, a tiny company set up to serve a small section of the kink community, find ourselves being sought out as a last-resort supplier to our National Health Service in a time of crisis, something is seriously wrong. In fact, it’s scandalous.

Today we donated our entire stock of disposable scrubs to an NHS hospital. It was just a few sets, because we don't carry large stocks, but they were desperate, so we sent them free of charge.

We don't usually do politics on Twitter, but ....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ne-nhs-workers

Spain death rises after a lock down by rime minister Pedro Sánchez declared a state of emergency on 14 March, ordering people in the country to stay at home

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    260 dead between 5pm on the 26th and 5pm on the 27th. We are moving at some pace now, no wonder the government are building temporary hospitals across the country.
    The issue is if the peak still occurs April or if we're hitting the peak ahead of expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spain death rises after a lock down by rime minister Pedro Sánchez declared a state of emergency on 14 March, ordering people in the country to stay at home
    You reach the peak after 2 weeks of isolation because that’s how long the incubation period is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You reach the peak after 2 weeks of isolation because that’s how long the incubation period is.
    Well done CB, now that you've told him, there are only 3 people left on earth who don't know this

January 10th - 100 confirmed cases worldwide
    March 29th - 700,000 confirmed cases

Stay isolated and safe everyone

Those are confirmed cases too, in Italy, France, Spain and the U.K. experts are saying only 5-10% of cases are being confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    January 10th - 100 confirmed cases worldwide
    March 29th - 700,000 confirmed cases

Stay isolated and safe everyone
    Ya, don’t go to cafes miles away for a cup of tea/coffee/squash.

Better still, if you own a said cafe, either shut, as you’re not essential, or tell um to “get outta town”

STAY SAFE EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Dr Anthony Fauci has just come out and said the fatality rate of the Corona virus could be 0.1%, which is the same as pandemic flu. Would that be cause to shut down the entire global economic system? Furthermore, this research is ongoing, so it's not going to be a random decision that will get everybody back to work. The alternative option of doing nothing is fraught with danger, unless you are ok with the idea of the world descending into a Mad Max scenario.
    Looks like Trump has tacked back to health being a more immediate priority than wealth so I guess it's time for you to adapt your rhetoric to stay in step.

Last night, when he wasn't blaming New York health workers for the wholesale theft of tens of thousands of protective equipment, Trump gave two figures.

He said that the deaths of 100k Americans due to this virus would be a "good result" and that an additional 2.2 million Americans would have died if the country did not take the measures that it has. You (well most people) may take what Trump utters with a pinch of salt but it does at least spell out the health/wealth dilemma in terms where you might grasp when people are talking about its impact pre or post intervention and give all this flu comparisons the break it deserves!

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...through-end-of