+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 350 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can’t see it happening here, it’s not severe enough yet. Look at Cardiff county for ie, half a million people and just 10 cases is it?
    Maybe in London which is bound to have worse but not here, not yet anyway.
    Two CONFIRMED cases. Which is a mistake I was making early in this thread.

China seem to have the situation under control - IF you believe their figures. I don't.

South Korea are testing more people than others, and their figures are coming down. Their mortality rate is at 1%. Italy's figures are spiralling northwards, France are now catching up.

I think the UK have a decent plan, but I have told my parents in their late sixties to stay home as much as possible.

They need to suspend the stock markets before we all lose our pensions.

This will still be with us in 6 months, possibly as a new wave of cases. The only hope is that lots of people have already had it and recovered with minor symptoms thereby meaning that there are not 2 cases in Cardiff county, but 2000.

If I get through this with loved ones and still in employment, I'll consider myself as having dodged a bullet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    judging the responses by officials today looks like we are in for a long haul not just for a few months

I guess medical equipment can be complex bits of kit to make . the only way I could see it work if say some one like Ford or JCB could assemble only .

meaning keep the same supply chain of parts like injection moulded parts , metal parts , wiring looms ,pcb's etc so you wouldn't have to re qualify those parts with a new supply chain . The supply chain would be the same but they would need to ramp up production to meet demand

Those parts be delivered to say someone like JCB and working with manufacturing engineers from medical device companys copy a production line or model it on an existing line to fully assemble the units

The completed units sent back to a medical device company for testing , software validation and sign off to meet the governance or requirements that is needed to put out into the field .

if we can put a man on the moon in the 60's ( so they say ) I,m sure we could knock up a producton line to meet the requirements that is needed over the next year . obviously a big ask but im sure we have the engineering capability in this country to pull this off after all this a life or death situation
    We don't have the manufacturing capability though and yes, man did land on the moon,

All staff in company told to WFH from tomorrow. There will be a rota for 1 person to go into the office each day. I WFH 3 days each week anyway but some staff permanently office based. Gawd knows when we’ll be back.

wheres the god nut guy and all his out pouring bollox now...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There's going to be an expoential increase in cases unless something drastically changes. It's happened everywhere else.

The only reason London would have it worse is more people, as a percentage it's been pretty similar country wide.

First death and 30 more cases in Wales today. If each person with it only gives 1 person a day the virus we'd be pretty bad in just a week.
    Today Wales had 17.5% of the UK new recorded cases. Overall of the 1543 UK cases Wales has 8% of the total, whilst only 5% of UK population. Why so high?

Living in London and have been completely banned from the office now, all the gyms I use have been closed and I assume all bars and restuarants to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Living in London and have been completely banned from the office now, all the gyms I use have been closed and I assume all bars and restuarants to follow.
    Found it a bit eerie travelling home from London today. Noticeably quieter than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    judging the responses by officials today looks like we are in for a long haul not just for a few months

I guess medical equipment can be complex bits of kit to make . the only way I could see it work if say some one like Ford or JCB could assemble only .

meaning keep the same supply chain of parts like injection moulded parts , metal parts , wiring looms ,pcb's etc so you wouldn't have to re qualify those parts with a new supply chain . The supply chain would be the same but they would need to ramp up production to meet demand

Those parts be delivered to say someone like JCB and working with manufacturing engineers from medical device companys copy a production line or model it on an existing line to fully assemble the units

The completed units sent back to a medical device company for testing , software validation and sign off to meet the governance or requirements that is needed to put out into the field .

if we can put a man on the moon in the 60's ( so they say ) I,m sure we could knock up a producton line to meet the requirements that is needed over the next year . obviously a big ask but im sure we have the engineering capability in this country to pull this off after all this a life or death situation
    Yeah the only way it would feasibly work is if a company is prepared to sell their design and let you copy their production line. Even then the supply chain is likely to be difficult, and the more you change from the existing state the more work it is, unless they are suggesting we seriously cut some corners.
    But we are talking months and months at the minimum. We could need these in weeks if the worst forecasts are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah the only way it would feasibly work is if a company is prepared to sell their design and let you copy their production line. Even then the supply chain is likely to be difficult, and the more you change from the existing state the more work it is, unless they are suggesting we seriously cut some corners.
    But we are talking months and months at the minimum. We could need these in weeks if the worst forecasts are correct.
    Patents can be declared void (I think by the government) for this type of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    We don't have the manufacturing capability though and yes, man did land on the moon,
    It would be shocking if a G7 nation couldn't undertake this task and no, man didn't land on the moon

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Patents can be declared void (I think by the government) for this type of situation.
    There's a big difference between declaring a patent void and trying to copy a design, to being handed the entire design history file of a product and their manufacturing information. If they just cancel any patents you would then have to design and verify nthat design which would probably take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It would be shocking if a G7 nation couldn't undertake this task and no, man didn't land on the moon
    Clearly they did.

And there's no way we get a company manufacturing new medical devices in weeks.

My dad’s funeral tomorrow. We have had to cancel the wake in the local pub. I never thought it would come to this. This has been a dreadful year and it’s still only March.

There's a big difference between declaring a patent void and trying to copy a design, to being handed the entire design history file of a product and their manufacturing information. If they just cancel any patents you would then have to design and verify nthat design which would probably take a long time.
    I'll take your word on that, I was loosely listening to a radio discussion this morning and the guest, cannot remember his name suggested something along the lines of, that patents could be discounted in these times of emergencies for manufacturers to step in and manufacture, like a war time type of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    My dad’s funeral tomorrow. We have had to cancel the wake in the local pub. I never thought it would come to this. This has been a dreadful year and it’s still only March.
    Sorry to hear that Pearcey, that’s awful.

I don't think that the patents are declared void, as such. The Patent-owner still retains the IP rights even if the government steps in to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't think that the patents are declared void, as such. The Patent-owner still retains the IP rights even if the government steps in to use it.
    that's what i meant (honest )

totally agree in terms of time we need to cut corners but I,m sure Bojo and his advisers are working on that right now cutting through the red tape of regulations in these serious times . We were looking at medical device products today at lunchtime and looking at the products we think the automotive companys would be best to use for assembly . they have some very clever Manufacturing Engineers both in manual and automated processes . I notice the Vauxhall factories are shutting temporary today for a month or two . won't be a problem finding the people with the right skills that's for sure

that's what i meant (honest )
    Not a problem. By the way, there's one anomaly in the world of Copyright in this country - in that the Copyright, which otherwise expires after a certain time period (and depending on a few factors as to the exact duration period), of Peter Pan is deemed never to expire and that the royalties continue being paid to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

The copyright of Peter Pan in other countries has either already expired or will in the next few years.

It could be done by the patent owner simply issuing licences other parties. Some IP owners don't even have a production line themselves and earn all their income from licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    69 years and, 364 days ok to go out.
    69 plus 365 stay in you old twat.
    There's no joined up thinking.
    They want retired NHS to volunteer.
    ****ING JOKE.
    But there has to be a cutoff. Obviously.

It's like kicking off that 17 years and 364 days you can't drink
    17 years plus 365 go get as shitfaced as you like

They did a good job of pretending that today was all part of the plan but the report by the imperial college covid-19 response team paints a different picture.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Today Wales had 17.5% of the UK new recorded cases. Overall of the 1543 UK cases Wales has 8% of the total, whilst only 5% of UK population. Why so high?
    Well, about 10k Jocks coming down and boozing all weekend wouldn’t have helped.

A timeline of Trump's response to the virus

https://twitter.com/IntoTheVoid001/s...184108033?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    A timeline of Trump's response to the virus

https://twitter.com/IntoTheVoid001/s...184108033?s=20