+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 350 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I didn't have you marked down as a conspiracy theorist, Steve. You've surprised me.

I believe the truth is relatively simple: we have a government cabinet packed with hopeless, inexperienced incompetents who are desperately trying to deal with a situation that, despite clear warnings stretching back decades, they were almost totally unprepared for and they treated far too nonchalantly during the early stages.

Absolutely nothing in Boris Johnson's background suggested he was going to make a good Prime Minister and very little in the backgrounds of those he chose as his leading players in the cabinet suggested they were going to be any more competent than he is.

Still, at least we've taken back control......
    My last paragraph was a bit tongue in cheek Dave but this lot in power do remind me of a film I saw years ago, can’t remember the name, it was a period piece and during a battle scene the toffs in charge were sat in armchairs on a hill overlooking the carnage below quaffing port, munching on hocks waited on by the luckier minions who weren’t involved in the fighting. I do think that Johnson is part of a set who don’t particularly give a shite about the masses. Hang on perhaps it wasn’t tongue in cheek

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Prefer a chip butty
    You enjoy that butty?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ter-150-deaths

I didn't have you marked down as a conspiracy theorist, Steve. You've surprised me.

I believe the truth is relatively simple: we have a government cabinet packed with hopeless, inexperienced incompetents who are desperately trying to deal with a situation that, despite clear warnings stretching back decades, they were almost totally unprepared for and they treated far too nonchalantly during the early stages.

Absolutely nothing in Boris Johnson's background suggested he was going to make a good Prime Minister and very little in the backgrounds of those he chose as his leading players in the cabinet suggested they were going to be any more competent than he is.

The blue rinse brigade will soon put you right on Boris & Co masterly handling of this unforeseen event

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The first lockdown was ridiculously lax, in hindsight 4 weeks of draconian measures would have been more sensible. A slight 3 week relaxing then, allowing a bit of exercise etc would have been a psychological Godsend, that’d been 7 weeks gone. Another slight relaxing then to, say what the actual first lockdown entailed would have had us happier. As it is it seems as though people are beginning to think it’s business as usual, the second wave is quite probable. Are we cannon fodder? Is a population reduction the government’s plan to get back on its financial feet, there’s a few been wiped off the monthly state pension bill already.
    Do you really think it was that lax the first few weeks? Kin hell they was barely a person or car on north rd....no one was out at all.
    I reckon Boris will say people can sit in a park etc like has been widely advertised this weekend, I guess people just did it a day early which isn’t right but whatever will be will be. Even if he does say today people can go out more, where will they go? Nothing is really open is it? Hearing a lot of independents are going to open up soon if they can, dog groomers etc....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do you really think it was that lax the first few weeks?
    It's been lax along. The guidelines have been unclear, we've had people out and about all over the place and very little enforcement of any sort anywhere.

By comparison to some other countries, our lockdown has been extremely lax.

Mediocrities were rewarded for their Brexit stance with high ranking Cabinet jobs - there may have been times when we could have got by with a Prime Minister and Cabinet who are so out of their depth, but this certainly isn't one of them. I've read a couple of articles saying that the Scottish people instinctively trust Nicola Sturgeon to take the right decisions on the virus because she has a sense of gravitas to her and doesn't speak to them as if they were idiots - I'll just say that their opinion of Johnson and his Government was quite different.

This article says so much about how out government is viewed oversees and I think the economic analyst who says "Johnson’s management of the pandemic has been almost Mediterranean in style, flippant and carefree,” is spot on in my book and I fear that it's beginning to look like he is right when he also says “You can’t help but think that people have been left to rot, that the interests of the economy were put before health.”.

It's been lax along. The guidelines have been unclear, we've had people out and about all over the place and very little enforcement of any sort anywhere.

By comparison to some other countries, our lockdown has been extremely lax.
    I know Italy had it tough as you could only go 250m from your house, kids couldn’t go out in Spain at all which must have been a nightmare. Other countries didn’t even have a lockdown at all.....it will be very interesting to see what NZ does in the next 3 months as it relies heavily on tourism.

The amount of new alcoholics created by this lockdown is going to be frightening....it was bad enough before. People I know who barely drink usually have been drinking almost every night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mediocrities were rewarded for their Brexit stance with high ranking Cabinet jobs - there may have been times when we could have got by with a Prime Minister and Cabinet who are so out of their depth, but this certainly isn't one of them. I've read a couple of articles saying that the Scottish people instinctively trust Nicola Sturgeon to take the right decisions on the virus because she has a sense of gravitas to her and doesn't speak to them as if they were idiots - I'll just say that their opinion of Johnson and his Government was quite different.

This article says so much about how out government is viewed oversees and I think the economic analyst who says "Johnson’s management of the pandemic has been almost Mediterranean in style, flippant and carefree,” is spot on in my book and I fear that it's beginning to look like he is right when he also says “You can’t help but think that people have been left to rot, that the interests of the economy were put before health.”.

On a similar theme..

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...QTmzTt70n1RIYM

"The way the world is looking at the UK is not the way the UK is looking at itself".

The amount of new alcoholics created by this lockdown is going to be frightening....it was bad enough before. People I know who barely drink usually have been drinking almost every night.
    On the flip side, I’m a regular drinker under normal circumstances - at least once a week, but usually three or four times depending on what events I’m attending.

Since the lockdown began, I’ve had a drink on just three occasions in total.

International

On the flip side, I’m a regular drinker under normal circumstances - at least once a week, but usually three or four times depending on what events I’m attending.

I'm similar, i love and evening, (Or sunday afternoon) in the pub but never drink at home. Now the odd glass of sherry before bed. My aclohol consumption had probably gone down 0ver 90% since 21 March.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    On a similar theme..

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...QTmzTt70n1RIYM

"The way the world is looking at the UK is not the way the UK is looking at itself".
    My sister lives overseas and watches a fair bit of CNN. She told me the UK is usually highlighted when referring to governments that have responded slowly to Covid-19 with disasterous results. This being an example: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/u...ntl/index.html

Well, wonder who will be championing Germany now?

when i'm walking my dog of a thursday evening and the green bags are out, i can't believe the amount of cans and bottles of booze people are putting away. they must be wasted.

I’m one occasion behind you, twice I’ve had a drink. Have had no real interest in having a drink whereas in normal times I’d have had my usual quota.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Well, wonder who will be championing Germany now?
    No one was championing Germany just their early response was good while their lifting had obviously been too quick.

Why do you people think everything is so black and white?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No one was championing Germany just their early response was good while their lifting had obviously been too quick.

Did you really expect someone with the username 'tell it like it is' to be nuanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

When did Germany lift lockdown? How long does it take for symptoms to emerge?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Wish I’d wrote this. Awesome post TLG ����
    The worst part about his post is that he’s right but dear God half the country can’t or deliberately wont see it.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    When did Germany lift lockdown? How long does it take for symptoms to emerge?
    Lockdown rules were relaxed on Wednesday.

What do symptoms have to do with testing positive for Covid-19? Weren't you posting the other day about a story that the German rate was actually 10x higher than reported - based on tests in a town/city where a much higher proportion of citizens than the national average were testing positive for it, despite not showing symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m one occasion behind you, twice I’ve had a drink. Have had no real interest in having a drink whereas in normal times I’d have had my usual quota.
    Would it be fair to say you never drink much at home though? You maybe only drink when you go out so your habits haven’t changed you just can’t go out.....

Im having a beer or 2 most nights, maybe one in the afternoon if the sun is out, normally dont drink at all, its refreshing to be able to have a drink as i am always driving everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Strange this has not attracted any comments.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange this has not attracted any comments.
    It would help me if i knew what a z-score was lol