+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 350 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No real changes in the lockdown then for wales.....
    An increase to two exercise sessions allowed a day from Monday;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52584690

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Isn't it copied from the Official Gov.UK site though?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#cat...tions&map=rate
    So a paper that continually knocks the government (often quite righlty) takes a set of numbers from that same govenment and prints them in a national daily without someone doing the simple sum of adding them up or taking them away?

Aboslutely stunning journalism!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An increase to two exercise sessions allowed a day from Monday
    I wonder how many people in Wales have restricted themselves to one outdoors exercise session per day because of the guidelines but will now increase to two? I can’t imagine it’ll be many. I reckon pretty much everyone who has wanted to exercise outside twice a day has already been doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So a paper that continually knocks the government (often quite righlty) takes a set of numbers from that same govenment and prints them in a national daily without someone doing the simple sum of adding them up or taking them away?

Aboslutely stunning journalism!!!!!
    What? You are blaming the Guardian for reprinting the UK government's official statistics from Public Health Englands dashboard. The About Data part of the GOV.UK website explains the discrepancy

COVID-19 cases are identified by taking specimens from people and sending these specimens to laboratories around the UK to be tested. If the test is positive, this is a referred to as a lab-confirmed case.

There are separate reporting processes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each Nation provides data based on tests carried out in NHS (and PHE) laboratories. These represent 'pillar 1' of the Government's mass testing programme. The Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) combines the counts from the 4 Nations, and adds data from tests carried out by commercial partners ('pillar 2' of the mass-testing programme) to give daily and total (cumulative) counts of lab-confirmed cases. These are submitted to Public Health England (PHE) to display on the dashboard. The 4 figures are not all taken from the same cut-off time: England and Scotland counts are as at 9am on the day of publication; Wales counts are as at 7am on the day of publication; Northern Ireland counts are from different times on the morning of publication.

The headline UK case count is published by DHSC each day via Twitter and on the DHSC website.

The UK total is not the sum of the 4 National totals as the pillar 2 cases cannot currently be included in the National totals. All other data on this website are based only on cases detected through pillar 1. Information about the different pillars is available on GOV.UK.

International

What? You are blaming the Guardian for reprinting the UK government's official statistics from Public Health Englands dashboard. The About Data part of the GOV.UK website explains the discrepancy

COVID-19 cases are identified by taking specimens from people and sending these specimens to laboratories around the UK to be tested. If the test is positive, this is a referred to as a lab-confirmed case.

There are separate reporting processes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each Nation provides data based on tests carried out in NHS (and PHE) laboratories. These represent 'pillar 1' of the Government's mass testing programme. The Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) combines the counts from the 4 Nations, and adds data from tests carried out by commercial partners ('pillar 2' of the mass-testing programme) to give daily and total (cumulative) counts of lab-confirmed cases. These are submitted to Public Health England (PHE) to display on the dashboard. The 4 figures are not all taken from the same cut-off time: England and Scotland counts are as at 9am on the day of publication; Wales counts are as at 7am on the day of publication; Northern Ireland counts are from different times on the morning of publication.

The headline UK case count is published by DHSC each day via Twitter and on the DHSC website.

The UK total is not the sum of the 4 National totals as the pillar 2 cases cannot currently be included in the National totals. All other data on this website are based only on cases detected through pillar 1. Information about the different pillars is available on GOV.UK.
    But by printing the clearly ambiguous figures together without any clarification obviously leads one to question their validity.
    Your apparent indignation that I should questtion the Government's offical statistics is very amusing given what we read on here every day.

Heisenberg

But by printing the clearly ambiguous figures together without any clarification obviously leads one to question their validity.
    Your apparent indignation that I should questtion the Government's offical statistics is very amusing given what we read on here every day.
    Is this a wind up?

Think you are confusing indignation for wry amusement that your aim to undermine the content of an article was justified by rubbishing a set of embedded figures in the article extracted from official sources where they are displayed in a similar manner. Still you nailed it so don't let me stand in the way of your glory!

International

Think you are confusing indignation for wry amusement that your aim to undermine the content of an article was justified by rubbishing a set of embedded figures in the article extracted from official sources where they are displayed in a similar manner. Still you nailed it so don't let me stand in the way of your glory!
    I'm not try to undermine the article at all. I had previously commented on a previous article in which they also used those stats without the explanation you just offered. It's just shoddy journalism. All I'm saying is that people read the acrticle they do not og on the web and fact check everything in it, they tend to basically accept what is said, but then if they look at the numbers and see the dscrepancy it puts them in mind to question the rest of the article.

And to blythly accept governemnt figures because the are reported in a newspaper when so many on this board would automatically question anything the government says is frankly more than amusing.
    It could lead a person to think that the information is good or bad depending on who reports it, God forefend.
    That's all, no glory or desire for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder how many people in Wales have restricted themselves to one outdoors exercise session per day because of the guidelines but will now increase to two? I can’t imagine it’ll be many. I reckon pretty much everyone who has wanted to exercise outside twice a day has already been doing just that.
    My "exercise" since about mid March has consisted of me taking the dog for a walk very early in the morning. I've flouted the rules a little when it comes to car travel by going on a small number of journeys which were not what could be called essential, but I've not gone out with the dog more than once a day since the lockdown began - I'll be taking her out in the afternoon as well from Monday.

International

My "exercise" since about mid March has consisted of me taking the dog for a walk very early in the morning. I've flouted the rules a little when it comes to car travel by going on a small number of journeys which were not what could be called essential, but I've not gone out with the dog more than once a day since the lockdown began - I'll be taking her out in the afternoon as well from Monday.
    But really if you were in your car then you weren't exactly breaking the social conact dictat were you? I think that is why cars on the road have increased, because people see that they can do something without the contact.
    and you need to run the car occasionally.
    I drove to Roath Park yesterday and fed the birds. It was about a 2 miles trip. Not truly essensial but it was part of my exercise, good for my (and more importantly for me my wife's) mental well being and hopefully good for the birds too. Also saw a few mother gooses with their babies. Beautiful, still tiny and in their undergrowth green camolfage down and the geese are so used to humans they let you get much closer than you would otherwise.

An increase to two exercise sessions allowed a day from Monday;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52584690
    Mark Drakeford said the "R number" - the number of other people infected by one person - currently sits at around 0.8 in Wales.
    Welsh Government estimates suggest that, at that level, 800 people may die with coronavirus between now and 7 August.
    How much easing of the lockdown can you/should you be doing if you're basically saying that, if nothing gets worse, the recorded death rate will go from 1,090 to 1,890 in three months?

Recorded numbers of virus seem to be hitting north much harder today than in previous daily totals: https://twitter.com/LloydCymru/statu...169410/photo/2
    Yesterday, only the Rhondda Cynon Taf area was the only one to record new cases above 10 (with Flintshire and Wrexham both showing 5 new cases) but today Fiintshire shows increase of 20, Wrexham 33, Gwynedd 14 and Ynys Mon an extra 10.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How much easing of the lockdown can you/should you be doing if you're basically saying that, if nothing gets worse, the recorded death rate will go from 1,090 to 1,890 in three months?

Recorded numbers of virus seem to be hitting north much harder today than in previous daily totals: https://twitter.com/LloydCymru/statu...169410/photo/2
    Yesterday, only the Rhondda Cynon Taf area was the only one to record new cases above 10 (with Flintshire and Wrexham both showing 5 new cases) but today Fiintshire shows increase of 20, Wrexham 33, Gwynedd 14 and Ynys Mon an extra 10.
    I think the increases are mostly in carehomes and whilst that does not make them any more accpetable people making judgements may see them as therefore more contained and controllable. Whether that is a good basis for unlocking decisions is another matter.

But really if you were in your car then you weren't exactly breaking the social conact dictat were you? I think that is why cars on the road have increased, because people see that they can do something without the contact.
    I drove to Roath Park yesterday and fed the birds. It was about a 2 miles trip. Not truly essensial but it was part of my exercise, good for my (and more importantly for me my wife's) mental well being and hopefully good for the birds too. Also saw a few mother gooses with their babies. Beautiful, still tiny and in their undergrowth green camolfage down and the geese are so used to humans they let you get much closer than you would otherwise.
    As asides...

- why do people wear mask and gloves inside car when they are only person in it? Just makes zero sense.
    - Hope you weren't feeding them bread...

I don't understand why you would travel away from your home to a spot which is always going to be busy? Of course, I don't need to, but do think going on a drive and driving to walk in a relatively busy beauty spot are slightly separate points. Whatever, it's a personal decision and your wife's mental well being is far more important than justifying it to some stranger on the internet.

International

I don't understand why you would travel away from your home to a spot which is always going to be busy? Of course, I don't need to, but do think going on a drive and driving to walk in a relatively busy beauty spot are slightly separate points. Whatever, it's a personal decision and your wife's mental well being is far more important than justifying it to some stranger on the internet.
    As I say it is only 2 milles if that,and the park is specially lovely, plus you get to be in close contact weith the birds and there is nowhere else you can do that locally. i usually combine it wth going to the supermarket (only been to roath twice) to assuage my concience but it is a great relax from the bad to day boredom.
    It's actually not too busy mid afternoon and there is a socail distancing protocal in place which people for the most part do adhere to.

Banned

I wouldn't say that a 2 mile drive for a walk in Roath Park is anything to justify. It seems perfectly sensible to me.

When you put it like that, it's not that great is it. You're much more clued up on the Welsh situation than me, so put me right if I'm in error here, but I'd assume the overwhelming majority of the 1,090 deaths so far would have come in something like a six week period. By comparison, we're looking at a figure of about three quarters that over twelve weeks and I would think that it could be that around half of the 800 hundred would come in the next four weeks, so it should be that we're looking at single figures per day come July.

Odd that about North Wales, must be down to some delayed figures in that area I suppose which means they are really more than just a single day's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Exactly, I live opposite Heath park and although it’s still pretty quiet people have been taking kids out or cycling more than once a day for a few weeks

International

Just been watchging the news. God Mark drakeford is dreadful on TV. He has no personality and no apparent statemanship. Instill confidence he certainly does not............... but hey, Yipee..... the library is open again.

When you put it like that, it's not that great is it. You're much more clued up on the Welsh situation than me, so put me right if I'm in error here, but I'd assume the overwhelming majority of the 1,090 deaths so far would have come in something like a six week period. By comparison, we're looking at a figure of about three quarters that over twelve weeks and I would think that it could be that around half of the 800 hundred would come in the next four weeks, so it should be that we're looking at single figures per day come July.

Odd that about North Wales, must be down to some delayed figures in that area I suppose which means they are really more than just a single day's worth?
    I mentioned in a post yesterday that the NW of England is currently the hotbed for infection and predicted that North Wales would catch a cold because of its close proximity, including g Liverpool and Manchester.

Just been watchging the news. God Mark drakeford is dreadful on TV. He has no personality and no apparent statemanship. Instill confidence he certainly does not............... but hey, Yipee..... the library is open again.
    Lets see what your boy opens on Sunday. My guess Garden Centres and libraries.
    😂😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets see what your boy opens on Sunday. My guess Garden Centres and libraries.
    ������
    My boy?? Drakeford is my boy, if he wasn't I wouldn't have been watching it. It's not so much the policy direction its just him, he is like a wet rag.

My boy?? Drakeford is my boy, if he wasn't I wouldn't have been watching it. It's not so much the policy direction its just him, he is like a wet rag.

Not the policies just Drakeford.😂😂😂

Hope Statesman Boris inspires you on Sunday. 😂😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Not the policies just Drakeford.������

Hope Statesman Boris inspires you on Sunday. ������
    Exactly, just Drakeford. He could announce he is giving every person in Wales £1 million and make it sound like a dirge.
    What does it matter what Boris says won't affect my life, unless he say the pubs can open in England. What will they do then, close the boarder? lmao
    Visions of blue tit arranging a coach trip.

The video features someone who purports to be a nurse who works in a New York hospital. She's either what she says she is or is a great crisis actor. She states COVID patients are being deliberately neglected, then at the 14:50 mark says some have been murdered.

She uses the F word liberally throughout. Viewer discretion is advised.