+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 350 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Self isolate is not the same as being very ill.
    Oh, you believe Bobsy meant would I self-isolate if ordered to by government decree. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Sure I would. The one time I had flu, which was a long time ago, I didn't have the strength to climb out of bed for 10 days.
    People have been asked to self isolate if they have a raised temperature or a new, persistent cough, would you do that?

Organ, you can spend the time speculating on what kind of job I have because I'm so stupid (pizza delivery or work in an office http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5056369
    It was just a bit of banter mate, we all know you are a Russia collusion expert in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People have been asked to self isolate if they have a raised temperature or a new, persistent cough, would you do that?
    Yes I would. But not before coughing and spluttering on an old git down the street who I can't stand.

(That was a joke, incidentally, before the school snitch Lardy has another meltdown.)

Whether my hypothesis is right or wrong is moot because the result will be identical as economic pain on steroids cometh.
    Is that your most important consideration?

Yes I would. But not before coughing and spluttering on an old git down the street who I can't stand.

(That was a joke, incidentally, before the school snitch Lardy has another meltdown.)
    I bet he was one, he seems the type. He probably couldn't get in the school football team either

Yes. Because in my opinion total economic collapse on a global scale would kill many more than any virus will because of famine and disease.

Are you upset that I mentioned some of your extreme views from the politics forum, your safe space, on here?

Like I said, people with your attitude will cause the deaths of others.

Are you upset that I mentioned some of your extreme views from the politics forum, your safe space, on here?

You're starting to get on my thruppenny bits now. I wouldn't mind if you attempted to include an iota's worth of lightheartedness occasionally but you're a tedious soul.

Don't forget you were pushing a dangerous hoax that could have led to the overthrow of a US president, and the end of democracy!

You're starting to get on my thruppenny bits now. I wouldn't mind if you attempted to include an iota's worth of lightheartedness occasionally but you're a tedious soul.
    Maybe if you spent a few more minutes reading the articles you post in full, like the LA times one on the previous page, I wouldn't need to correct you so often.

Sludge wears women's clothes.

It's far less deadly than normal flu, believe it or not. 18,000 US citizens had died of flu this winter up until March 5th, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which is a US government agency. Meanwhile the total number of coronavirus deaths worldwide is at 6,500.

The flu has killed far more people than coronavirus. So why all the frenzy about COVID-19?

An estimated 32 million Americans have come down with influenza since this year’s flu season began in late September, resulting in about 18,000 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More: https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...virus-covid-19
    By this 'logic' conventional weapons are far more dangerous than nuclear because they have killed more at a given point in time.

It's far less deadly than normal flu, believe it or not. 18,000 US citizens had died of flu this winter up until March 5th, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which is a US government agency. Meanwhile the total number of coronavirus deaths worldwide is at 6,500. (point 1)

The flu has killed far more people than coronavirus. So why all the frenzy about COVID-19? (point 2)

An estimated 32 million Americans have come down with influenza since this year’s flu season began in late September, resulting in about 18,000 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Point 3)

More: https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...virus-covid-19
    Point 1 is wrong you only need to look at the mortality rate

Point 2 the worry is because it's very infectious and a lot of people are going to get it plus there is a flu vaccine. Flu has killed more to this point, that won't be the same in 6 months if this isn't managed properly.

Point 3 0.05% mortality rate, covid 19 has a mortality rate of 20% in the over 75s.

I've also got a friend who's a doctor in an Irish hospital and they're having a lot of over 50s admitted to the ICU, it was the same in Italy. So even if it isn't killing people it's putting them in intensive care which means others who might need it won't get it.

If you're over 60 please take this seriously because it is going to get very bad very soon if people don't.

69 years and, 364 days ok to go out.
    69 plus 365 stay in you old twat.
    There's no joined up thinking.
    They want retired NHS to volunteer.
    ****ING JOKE.

Yes. Because in my opinion total economic collapse on a global scale would kill many more than any virus will because of famine and disease.
    The wisest post I've seen on this matter ,if the economy collapses ,there goes health care ,drugs ,food in comes crime ,famine and worse diseases, as we turn into herded animals .

That is why the UK has tried to adopt the restrained approach because humans left to their own devices are selfish , shit in a panic situation ( just check out the shopping behaviors ) , if fact humans create all this shit and show a dreadful lack of personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The wisest post I've seen on this matter ,if the economy collapses ,there goes health care ,drugs ,food in comes crime ,famine and worse diseases, as we turn into herded animals .

That is why the UK has tried to adopt the restrained approach because humans left to their own devices are selfish , shit in a panic situation ( just check out the shopping behaviors ) , if fact humans create all this shit and show a dreadful lack of personal responsibility.
    I agree, unfortunately they will let a few thousand oldies go before they see anarchy on the streets.

Why do you keep saying this like it’s an amazingly out there opinion when everyone knows a total economic collapse would be terrible?

It’s been mentioned a thousand times ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, unfortunately they will let a few thousand oldies go before they see anarchy on the streets.
    Na we are very close to a complete lockdown like France and Spain. End of this week things are going to look very different imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    By this 'logic' conventional weapons are far more dangerous than nuclear because they have killed more at a given point in time.
    Fists are far more dangerous that nukes

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    ****ING JOKE.
    My next door neighbour is a retired doctor aged 70+. Moral dilemma time.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    ****ING JOKE.
    They have to draw a line somewhere though, people just need to be sensible.

What would you rather them say?

https://apple.news/AuzEgjsYQTKutIc5GooaAkg

Link won’t work

It’s supposed to be a shopping hour for oldies

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I work in medical devices, and the whole idea is fantasy. I can't see it happening in time to have any effect
    judging the responses by officials today looks like we are in for a long haul not just for a few months

I guess medical equipment can be complex bits of kit to make . the only way I could see it work if say some one like Ford or JCB could assemble only .

meaning keep the same supply chain of parts like injection moulded parts , metal parts , wiring looms ,pcb's etc so you wouldn't have to re qualify those parts with a new supply chain . The supply chain would be the same but they would need to ramp up production to meet demand

Those parts be delivered to say someone like JCB and working with manufacturing engineers from medical device companys copy a production line or model it on an existing line to fully assemble the units

The completed units sent back to a medical device company for testing , software validation and sign off to meet the governance or requirements that is needed to put out into the field .

if we can put a man on the moon in the 60's ( so they say ) I,m sure we could knock up a producton line to meet the requirements that is needed over the next year . obviously a big ask but im sure we have the engineering capability in this country to pull this off after all this a life or death situation

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Na we are very close to a complete lockdown like France and Spain. End of this week things are going to look very different imo.
    Can’t see it happening here, it’s not severe enough yet. Look at Cardiff county for ie, half a million people and just 10 cases is it?
    Maybe in London which is bound to have worse but not here, not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can’t see it happening here, it’s not severe enough yet. Look at Cardiff county for ie, half a million people and just 10 cases is it?
    Maybe in London which is bound to have worse but not here, not yet anyway.
    There's going to be an expoential increase in cases unless something drastically changes. It's happened everywhere else.

The only reason London would have it worse is more people, as a percentage it's been pretty similar country wide.

First death and 30 more cases in Wales today. If each person with it only gives 1 person a day the virus we'd be pretty bad in just a week.