+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 350 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    As I said, lesser of two evils. Trump's been struggling to convey the same message re the cure being worse than the disease.
    I'm not sure what proof you have that this solution will cause "global economic collapse" though. We've had recessions before, yes times weren't great but there weren't days as bad as we've seen in Italy and Spain recently.

Is the cure worse than the disease, have you seen how bad things are in New York at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This website is ****ing madness. Too many blokes with way to much time on their hands. The worst thing about it is that everyone thinks that they're correct on every subject they like to pontificate on, seeing something in other posters replies that simply don't exist.
    All I did was post some of the goings on in the White House and Imperial College that will have a huge effect on on the outcome of the current global Corona pandemic. I think everybody should be aware of this information, and we'll as the doom & gloom stuff the media are pedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Greta is sad Greta.

Greta sad Greta been upstaged by pandemic.
    How? hasn't it completely proved her point?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How? hasn't it completely proved her point?
    The point behind Greta ( or more accurately her mum ) is to build the Greta brand for profit.

Books, inevitable film...

The virus has upstaged poor Greta.

But there is a good chance people who aren't showing symptoms have the virus and are contangeous though, you're going to end up with loads more ill and loads more needing to use the ICU in that case.

Italy and Spain isolated anyone showing symptoms initially and it didn't do any good there, why would it work here?
    Dr Anthony Fauci has just come out and said the fatality rate of the Corona virus could be 0.1%, which is the same as pandemic flu. Would that be cause to shut down the entire global economic system? Furthermore, this research is ongoing, so it's not going to be a random decision that will get everybody back to work. The alternative option of doing nothing is fraught with danger, unless you are ok with the idea of the world descending into a Mad Max scenario.

I'm not sure what proof you have that this solution will cause "global economic collapse" though. We've had recessions before, yes times weren't great but there weren't days as bad as we've seen in Italy and Spain recently.

Is the cure worse than the disease, have you seen how bad things are in New York at the moment?
    I haven't any proof. Evidence is plentiful though. Yesterday the US published data of new unemployment claims made there. It was 3.3 million, over four times more than at any time previously which includes the depths of the 1930s Great Depression.

I haven't any proof. Evidence is plentiful though. Yesterday the US published data of new unemployment claims made there. It was 3.3 million, over four times more than at any time previously which includes the depths of the 1930s Great Depression.
    There is a huge difference between a recession and halting global economic activity. Keeping everybody at home for 18 months has never been tried before. How are they going to feed everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Dr Anthony Fauci has just come out and said the fatality rate of the Corona virus could be 0.1%, which is the same as pandemic flu. Would that be cause to shut down the entire global economic system? Furthermore, this research is ongoing, so it's not going to be a random decision that will get everybody back to work. The alternative option of doing nothing is fraught with danger, unless you are ok with the idea of the world descending into a Mad Max scenario.
    Foxy women in skimpy leather outfits? Can handle that...

But we have a vaccine for flu. And the fatality rate in every country has been over 0.1% for covid. Plus isn’t the issue not the death rate but the fact hospitals get overwhelmed because a lot of people need treatment? That causes more people to die.

Surely having most people working from home for a few months is going to better for the global economy than a load of people dying?

The direct death rate not being the biggest issue has been discussed so much I can’t believe people keep going back to it.

There is a huge difference between a recession and halting global economic activity. Keeping everybody at home for 18 months has never been tried before. How are they going to feed everybody?
    When has anyone suggested keeping people at home for 18 months?

When has anyone suggested keeping people at home for 18 months?
    How long are you going to do it for then? The virus will come in 3 waves, so it's pointless doing it for a few months unless you have a long-term strategy. I reckon we will see more testing and stricter quarantine conditions. Didn't China remove all of the infected people away from their communities? You'd need massive facilities to do that though.

The research pamphlet by Fauci you posted was dated 28th February 2020. Seems he has just come out in the way that Philip Schofield has just come out!

The bit that you don't seem to or want to understand from the research article was that the 0.1% will not reached naturally, rather by all the draconian measures currently in place across the globe.

How long are you going to do it for then? The virus will come in 3 waves, so it's pointless doing it for a few months unless you have a long-term strategy. I reckon we will see more testing and stricter quarantine conditions. Didn't China remove all of the infected people away from their communities? You'd need massive facilities to do that though.
    China did a quarantine for around 4-6 weeks and locked down wuhan. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next there.

It’s not pointless doing it for a few months because you can flatten the curve. We may have to do it again and we may not, maybe things can be relaxed soon and maybe not.

It’s not like it stops everyone working anyway. Everyone I know is working as normal from home for now.

Either way it’s better than the situation in Italy and Spain.

China did a quarantine for around 4-6 weeks and locked down wuhan. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next there.

It’s not pointless doing it for a few months because you can flatten the curve. We may have to do it again and we may not, maybe things can be relaxed soon and maybe not.

It’s not like it stops everyone working anyway. Everyone I know is working as normal from home for now.

Either way it’s better than the situation in Italy and Spain.
    China also sat on the virus for over 6 weeks, persecuted whistleblowers and told WHO in Jan they'd had no person to person infections. Invoking CHina in anything relating to this is an utter joke unless apportioning blame to them for the chaos caused.

China also sat on the virus for over 6 weeks, persecuted whistleblowers and told WHO in Jan they'd had no person to person infections. Invoking CHina in anything relating to this is an utter joke unless apportioning blame to them for the chaos caused.
    I’m not saying China are perfect but they managed to flatten the number of infections pretty well.

I work for a Chinese company and spend quite a bit of time there and work with chinese colleagues by video link every day so whilst I wouldn’t trust everything their government says, I believe they have a safe number of cases for the time being.

They should be blamed for covering it up too and face sanctions but they won’t.

The Chief Medical Officer now thinks he has it

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The research pamphlet by Fauci you posted was dated 28th February 2020.
    That would explain Trump's carefully considered view about opening up the US for business again. What a position to be in, either he will go down in history as being one of the greatest presidents ever for saving America, or he will be remembered as the mad fool who destroyed America.

Banned

I'd go for isolating the already ill - whether elderly or not - route rather than the path being taken. To me it's the lesser of two evils. I'm amongst a small minority though.
    You do realise this is being spread by people who have no symptoms at all.

I’m not saying China are perfect but they managed to flatten the number of infections pretty well.

I work for a Chinese company and spend quite a bit of time there and work with chinese colleagues by video link every day so whilst I wouldn’t trust everything their government says, I believe they have a safe number of cases for the time being.

They should be blamed for covering it up too and face sanctions but they won’t.
    Given it's been covered up already, i don't believe a single figure they publish. I suspect quite a few people with coughs may very well have been disappeared.

Banned

Given it's been covered up already, i don't believe a single figure they publish. I suspect quite a few people with coughs may very well have been disappeared.

On this I agree. I think they may have contained it in Wuhan. But, the rest of the most populous country in the world having few cases (and those only being imported) seems implausible.

That would explain Trump's carefully considered view about opening up the US for business again. What a position to be in, either he will go down in history as being one of the greatest presidents ever for saving America, or he will be remembered as the mad fool who destroyed America.
    Today's UK deaths figure makes that tweet you post looked way overoptimistic.

Another one of your stupid either/ors. My money is firmly in the latter spectrum.

What do you think or are you too busy self-isolating on a fence to have anything firmer than a nudge nudge wink wink as usual?

Piers Corbyn, Jeremy's brother, has a lot to say about Covid-19 on his twitter account. https://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

His views have reached a wider audience.

Jeremy Corbyn’s Brother Claims Bill Gates And George Soros Are Behind Coronavirus - https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/03/je...d-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's alright. Walesbales has obtained a copy of the contingency plans for a global economic collapse. I am sure he can share this with you and your family so you can make adequate preparations.
    That's an unpleasant remark - makes you feel better ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Another one of your stupid either/ors. My money is firmly in the latter spectrum.

What do you think or are you too busy self-isolating on a fence to have anything firmer than a nudge nudge wink wink as usual?
    It's a good thing that he has based his thoughts on the latest available evidence. Regarding how he comes out of it, surely it's in the lap of the gods, isn't it? It's a bold move, so naturally the consequences will be heightened either way.