+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

“They came to a different policy conclusion, but based really on quite similar science.

“I don’t agree with it. But scientifically, they’re not that far from scientists in any part of the world.”

Sweden’s rate of virus reproduction – the so-called ‘R’ value – is thought to be at one, meaning that, on average, every case will cause one other infection.

In the UK, it is thought to be between 0.75 and one, meaning the virus outbreak is retreating.

While pointing out that the Sweden’s mortality rate is not declining in a similar way to other European countries, Prof Ferguson said: “Nevertheless, it is interesting that adopting a policy which is short of a full lockdown – they have closed secondary schools and universities and there is a significant amount of social distancing, but it’s not a full lockdown – they have got quite a long way to the same effect. That is something we are looking at very closely.

“Lockdowns are very crude policies, and what we’d like to do is have much more targeted controlled transmission going forward, which doesn’t have the same economic impacts.”
    I’m not sure it’s anything new

20200603_100847.jpg

is devolution good now?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not sure it’s anything new
    We screwed our economy and Sweden didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We screwed our economy and Sweden didn't.
    Sweden is a lot lower population density than England especially, we *could* have stuck with that approach, but then I suspect we would have seen a huge number of deaths

Sweden

Confirmed 38,589

Recovered

Deaths

Denmark

Confirmed
    +35

Recovered

Deaths

Finland

Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths

Norway

Confirmed

Recovered

Deaths
    Hmmmm

Heisenberg

I bet those 4,500 dead and their families are glad the economy only contracted by 0.2% instead of 2%. What a relief that must be for them!

Schools in Wales to reopen on 29 June.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Schools in Wales to reopen on 29 June.
    Some sense, fair play she spoke well. We need a test time to see how the new normal will be come sept. A few days a week will go a long way with reduced class size.

I bet those 4,500 dead and their families are glad the economy only contracted by 0.2% instead of 2%. What a relief that must be for them!
    Dont know but the Norwegians are wondering

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...aign=DM1251860

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Dont know but the Norwegians are wondering

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...aign=DM1251860
    So are Sweden too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52903717

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

Would you have sacrificed 4000 for 2% on the economy ?

International

On a completely different topic, I am seeing so many reports about "Tracers" complaining in the Media abut being paid to do nothing. There is another on the BBC Web Page this morning complaining of being paid to watch Netflix.

The solution for these people is simple. They can just quit. Hand in their notice then sit at home and watch Netflix for nothing. What's their problem?

There are more than enough people out there who would bite their hands off for the job, including all the student who normally supplement their grants by working in pubs, and including my boy who applied 2 weeks ago and hasn't even had acknowledgement of his application yet.

So are Sweden too

No chance....but I think we are going to have to live with this thing for a few years, people will die and economies will suffer in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    On a completely different topic, I am seeing so many reports about "Tracers" complaining in the Media abut being paid to do nothing. There is another on the BBC Web Page this morning complaining of being paid to watch Netflix.

The solution for these people is simple. They can just quit. Hand in their notice then sit at home and watch Netflix for nothing. What's their problem?

There are more than enough people out there who would bite their hands off for the job, including all the student who normally supplement their grants by working in pubs, and including my boy who applied 2 weeks ago and hasn't even had acknowledgement of his application yet.
    Where do you get these jobs? I wouldn’t mind doing a bit of track n trace

Heisenberg

Some sense, fair play she spoke well. We need a test time to see how the new normal will be come sept. A few days a week will go a long way with reduced class size.

People who want something to do so that they actually earn their wage from the government are a problem?

Heisenberg

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stop laughing, it's not funny

So are Sweden too

I wonder if in Sweden there has been 4500 more seasonal deaths than usual? I thought they’d suffer a lot more than they have considering no lockdown and it appears to be fading away like it has in all other countries who did implement one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People who want something to do so that they actually earn their wages from the government are a problem?
    Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
    Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
    I don't even understand why the media report it except to stir the shite?

Heisenberg

Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
    Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing
    To report that the Govt's test and trace system isn't running as well as they have advertised... I'd imagine.

Your vitriol is being aimed at the media and the people whistleblowing about what's happening instead of the Govt. responsible for what's happening... That's funny

I wonder if in Sweden there has been 4500 more seasonal deaths than usual? I thought they’d suffer a lot more than they have considering no lockdown and it appears to be fading away like it has in all other countries who did implement one.
    They are confirmed covid deaths.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    To report that the Govt's test and trace system isn't running as well as they have advertised... I'd imagine.

Your vitriol is being aimed at the media and the people whistleblowing about what's happening instead of the Govt. responsible for what's happening... That's funny
    Perhaps it is and there are no people for her to call? For me its just silly for anyone to complain for getting paid to do nothing. As I said, its too easy to resign and let someone else have the stress of doing nothing for money.
    Whether the ssytem is working or not wasn't my point, the point was the woman complaining about getting paid for nothing. What really made me smile was that the article said she had only spoken on condition that she remained anonymous. i wonder why? Perhaps it was for fear of losing the great job she has?

Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
    Don't you think it wrong that people are paid from our taxes to do nothing????