+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 350 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It's also predicting us to be far worse than Italy, Spain and France which doesn't 'feel' likely but who knows really..
    I agree, the spike in death figures today was the same as the last 2 tuesday as weekend figures 'catch up' and they people who crunch the numbers seem to see cause for optimism. Lets hope they're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I agree, the spike in death figures today was the same as the last 2 tuesday as weekend figures 'catch up' and they people who crunch the numbers seem to see cause for optimism. Lets hope they're correct.
    I think our social distancing has been pretty good so far, let’s hope it continues to be positively reflected in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think our social distancing has been pretty good so far, let’s hope it continues to be positively reflected in the numbers.
    I think the numbers social distancing will fall the longer it goes on, tbh. Human nature, getting bored, thinking they are now safe.
    There's a mobile hairdresser a few doors down, the the lat few days she's disappeared in her car 3-4 times a day - I hope she's not working, because that would be a ****wit thing to do.

International

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-52200369

Dick head should be tagged and if he does it again locked up!! And his mates with him.
    If his parents can't control him the the law has to.

I see the BBC are reporting that the EU combined purchasing scheme to provide govermments with kit to fight this virus , which so many abused the UK government for not joining, has up until today provided exactly.....................feck all!!!!! To any country in the EU!!!!
    Any comment Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Any comment Sludge?
    Wheres this ? Cant find it on bbc site

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wheres this ? Cant find it on bbc site
    Use the link on my original post

Banned

That graph is predicting 3000 deaths a day. We are nowhere near that. It'sd crazy!
    It's not the actual figures, but the trend, that is important. It is predicting a peak in the death rate in 10 days time. It is also predicting a peak in resource use in 10 days time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I think the numbers social distancing will fall the longer it goes on, tbh. Human nature, getting bored, thinking they are now safe.
    There's a mobile hairdresser a few doors down, the the lat few days she's disappeared in her car 3-4 times a day - I hope she's not working, because that would be a ****wit thing to do.
    Tell somebody!!

Banned

Use the link on my original post
    What link?

International

sorry sludge, there you go.

No deliveries yet under EU equipment scheme
    BBC Reality check
    Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
    In late February, the European Union launched a plan to buy equipment to tackle the coronavirus outbreak on behalf of its members.

It was aimed at reducing costs when negotiating with manufacturers.

The first scheme involved buying masks and then, in March, three more schemes were added to purchase ventilators, testing kits and personal protective equipment.

But, to date, nothing has been bought and delivered.

European Commission spokesman Stefan De Keersmaecker says that while some of the suppliers that the EU selected have signed contracts, other have not.

The UK did not join the scheme, although it was able to participate because it is still in the Brexit transition period until 31 December 2020. It wasn’t clear at the time whether the government had missed the deadline to join or it did not want to take part.

'Mix-up' over EU ventilator scheme

BBC Reality check
    In late February, the European Union launched a plan to buy equipment to tackle the coronavirus outbreak on behalf of its members.

The first scheme involved buying masks and then, in March, three more schemes were added to purchase ventilators, testing kits and personal protective equipment.

European Commission spokesman Stefan De Keersmaecker says that while some of the suppliers that the EU selected have signed contracts, other have not.

The UK did not join the scheme, although it was able to participate because it is still in the Brexit transition period until 31 December 2020. It wasn’t clear at the time whether the government had missed the deadline to join or it did not want to take part.

It doesn't mean that it's not going to come to fruition though does it ?

International

It doesn't mean that it's not going to come to fruition though does it ?
    Oh no, it just seems everything the EU does is like elephants mating, its done at a high level with a lot of noise and it takes ages to see the results

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    It's not the actual figures, but the trend, that is important. It is predicting a peak in the death rate in 10 days time. It is also predicting a peak in resource use in 10 days time.
    It's the Murray model popularised by Dr Birx and so far it has been way off.

Oh no, it just seems everything the EU does is like elephants mating, its done at a high level with a lot of noise and it takes ages to see the results
    One shall see

International

One shall see
    One shall!! Beeleive me I'd much prefer it worked smoothly and efficiently. It gives me no pleasure in knowing any people aren't getting what they need. Its nothing to do with the politics.

BBC Reality check

Still struggling a bit with the link you quote. I have been on the BBC Reality check site

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/reality_check

and their twitter page

https://twitter.com/BBCRealityCheck?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

and couldn't find what you cut and paste. You don't have the hyperlink you can post do you?

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Still struggling a bit with the link you quote. I have been on the BBC Reality check site

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/reality_check

and their twitter page

https://twitter.com/BBCRealityCheck?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

and couldn't find what you cut and paste. You don't have the hyperlink you can post do you?
    It was on the live coronavirus update that runs all day. It may be closed now but if not you should find it. Its now on page 2.

It was on the live coronavirus update that runs all day. It may be closed now but if not you should find it. Its now on page 2.
    Thanks

Think of it like a cancer and stop the war theme:

think of the late great Deborah Orr’s withering refusal to tolerate this nonsense in her rules on how to talk to cancer patients. “Funnily enough,” ran some typically twinkly menace, “it’s not comforting to be told that you have to go into battle with your disease, like some kind of medieval knight on a romantic quest. Submitting to medical science, in the hope of a cure, is just that – a submission. The idea that illness is a character test, with recovery as a reward for the valiant, is glib to the point of insult.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ry-war-britain
    UK still pretending(?) that Brexit can happen this year:

The UK government has said it remains “absolutely committed” to Brexit negotiations and the December 2020 transition date despite the coronavirus outbreak limiting talks between the two sides.

If a deal is not reached by then, Britain will crash out of its transition agreement with the bloc onto World Trade Organization terms. This means tariffs will be higher in a number of areas.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-sticks-to-...e-coronavirus/

Not going to drag it up from the depths but that thread about 'why is it worse in Italy and Spain' looks a a bit premature now.

Apparently 828 people died in England from 5pm on 06/04 to 5pm on 07/04. Official UK figure not released yet but could be 900 potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Not going to drag it up from the depths but that thread about 'why is it worse in Italy and Spain' looks a a bit premature now.

Apparently 828 people died in England from 5pm on 06/04 to 5pm on 07/04. Official UK figure not released yet but could be 900 potentially.
    Our DNA isn't as strong as we thought!

In all seriousness we are in for a rough couple of weeks. Hopefully everyone on here is staying safe and no one gets ill.

Nearly 1000 died overnight

Good news from USA, the IHME data model has now dropped to a prediction level of 60k Covid-19 deaths up until 4 August, which is the same as a heavy regular flu season. I'm a bit confused by their hospital counting methods though, as every death where Covid-19 is present or assumed to be present without testing is classified as a Covid-19 case. That means if a heart attack victim is admitted and picks up the Covid-19 virus at the hospital, then it is registered as a Covid-19 case.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Good news from USA, the IHME data model has now dropped to a prediction level of 60k Covid-19 deaths up until 4 August, which is the same as a heavy regular flu season. I'm a bit confused by their hospital counting methods though, as every death where Covid-19 is present or assumed to be present without testing is classified as a Covid-19 case. That means if a heart attack victim is admitted and picks up the Covid-19 virus at the hospital, then it is registered as a Covid-19 case.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

The testing here is absolutely abysmal.
    In Virginia right now they are testing 10% of cases that rock up to urgent care with Covid symptoms and only if it is severe.

The curve isn’t going to flatten here anytime soon.

Also a friend of my Wife is a nurse and their PPE equipment is shocking.
    She has one N95 mask.
    I luckily bought a box of N95 masks in January and she is on her way to pick up a few.
    She also has to drive out to a gin distillery to get hand sanitizer.

Unbelievable, especially when you consider the high expense paid each month (as well as Co-pay) for Health Insurance.

If anything good can come from this, a big rethink of Health Care in America is hopefully one of them.