+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    All these people are as bad as each other.
    There has been spinning and misinformation on both sides in the Cummings scandal, but I don’t think any of these alleged revelations in the last few days change anything.

Most people have taken the version of events given by Cummings himself as the true account - and most people (a higher % than before he ‘set the record straight’) concluded that he has broken the lockdown rules, had produced a ludicrous self-justification for his actions and should resign or be sacked.

Rosie Duffield was stupid, but she accepted that she had broken the rules and resigned as an opposition whip. The difference between that and Cummings’ behaviour is stark!

I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    I'm not quite clear on how all these people get lumped together. Could you expand on how Armstrong, the former Durham MP who passed on information received, is "as bad" as Cummings. Likewise Jeremy Hunt, whatever his motivations, and actually Rosie Duffield who I understand has now apologised for her breach and stepped-down.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There has been spinning and misinformation on both sides in the Cummings scandal, but I don’t think any of these alleged revelations in the last few days change anything.

Most people have taken the version of events given by Cummings himself as the true account - and most people (a higher % than before he ‘set the record straight’) concluded that he has broken the lockdown rules, had produced a ludicrous self-justification for his actions and should resign or be sacked.

Rosie Duffield was stupid, but she accepted that she had broken the rules and resigned as an opposition whip. The difference between that and Cummings’ behaviour is stark!
    I don't think the two things are in any way comparable I'll agree. What the MP did was stupid, particularly with a lover who just happens to be married to someone else. She must have been on the verge of being "Exposed" to have admitted it, which leave the question of did someone know and was keeping the info so they could release it when it could do her the most damage or did her lover's partner find out? either way, just like the others I doubt she would have volunteered the info.

I agree the don't change the stupidity/unlawfulness of what he did but the way it was stage managed, and the way part of it was found to be totally untrue like so many other 'revelations' make one doubt everything in the media, as I said.
    For Matthews to say he did it "as a joke" is ridiculous. If it was only a joke he should have said so immediately it was in the national press. Again he probably only admitted it because he was about to be exposed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's a couple of articles from May claiming the r rate is probably as low outside hospitals and care homes as you suggest;-

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...laims-11985343

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ostly-affects/

One is from an individual who it appears has some expertise on the subject and the other is a "government source" - I've always been cynical about quotes from Government sources, a feeling that has increased an awful lot over the last couple of months.
    Thanks Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Thanks Bob.
    That’ll teach me for acting the gobby twat.

I’m standing corrected and give myself the ‘dull as dogshit’ title.

Interesting that Tim Spector take is not being explored more by government. It suggests that containing the virus would be easier to manage and requires a more focus on certain areas.

Banned

Whataboutism at it's very finest.

Banned

I agree 100% but it does make one doubt more and more anything that is reported in the media.
    I have said for a long time that when the media put up x number of 'ordinary' people that tends to show that the public is for or against a thing it should be obvious that if they held a different view and didn't agree with the argument that particular media outlet was making they wouldn't be included in the interview. not always but generally the point holds.

That aside it just demonstrates that you can't trust any of them.
    I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I wondered when you'd crawl out from under your stone. You just can't give it up can you. you're a troll in all your guises and you're a waste!!!

I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.

what does everyone make of all the donations to Hat Mancock's personal funds from people involved in horse racing?
    I'm sure that can't have had any influence on the decision to recommence racing meetings from Monday.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.
    Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    As I say it makes you doubt everything, its all spun to suit different agenda.

International

what does everyone make of all the donations to Hat Mancock's personal funds from people involved in horse racing?
    I'm sure that can't have had any influence on the decision to recommence racing meetings from Monday.
    Do you know where we can view the list? Where is it published? I should think a politician, specially a government minister would have to declare his interests and his funding.

Banned

I wondered when you'd crawl out from under your stone. You just can't give it up can you. you're a troll in all your guises and you're a waste!!!
    No, you claimed you don't read newspapers (real or online) but you often seem to be incensed about something you've read. Maybe you should follow your own advice and not read newspapers (real or online).

Banned

Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    So, is Cummings off the hook now?

International

No, you claimed you don't read newspapers (real or online) but you often seem to be incensed about something you've read. Maybe you should follow your own advice and not read newspapers (real or online).
    Trolling still. time to change your name again

Heisenberg

You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?

International

OK, I found it. doesn't look good does it? I wonder how much he actually influences that kind of decision.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?
    Partly because the man who lied admitted himself and none of the others have denied their actions. It's really a case of one being as bad as another, and the amount of spin that the media puts on everything.
    I think Cummins was wrong whatever is said, but things like this just don't breed confidence do they?

Banned

Trolling still. time to change your name again
    That isn't trolling. That is pointing out your lack of consistency and is, therefore, relevant to the point you are making. You claim you read something, but you have also claimed you don't read these things. It's important, to the casual reader, to point this out.

Banned

OK, I found it. doesn't look good does it? I wonder how much he actually influences that kind of decision.
    Where did you find it? Could you post a link please?

Banned

Partly because the man who lied admitted himself and none of the others have denied their actions. It's really a case of one being as bad as another, and the amount of spin that the media puts on everything.
    I think Cummins was wrong whatever is said, but things like this just don't breed confidence do they?
    So, this is an attack on the media. Which you don't read (neither real nor online).

International

That isn't trolling. That is pointing out your lack of consistency and is, therefore, relevant to the point you are making. You claim you read something, but you have also claimed you don't read these things. It's important, to the casual reader, to point this out.

Heisenberg

"The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham" - where in Durham was he "isolating" that makes this is an issue?

When did he pick his daughter up from Berkshire? Was it before or after CummingsGate and the easing of lockdown in England?

Asking for a friend.

Banned

International

Where did you find it? Could you post a link please?