+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes I gathered that but now apparently they have said something else. As I have kept saying all these tales and counter tales just make it impossilbe to trust anything you read or hear most of the time In the long run none of them do themselves any favours.
    The follow-up police statements did seem to shift the emphasis, particularly the final one that arrived just in the nick of time for Cummings' press conference. But it wasn't very helpful that Cummings said the police hadn't spoken to his family considering they'd released an initial statement like that. And a bit too easy to just blame the media for subsequent confusion arising over these apparent inconsistencies.

International

Gents please don't protest too much. In Answer to Croesy's post after my original post (Page 94) on the subject I agreed with him that it changed nothing and that it just led one to doubt everything the media say whatever side they might be on.
    I question everything in all this shit.

Banned

Gents please don't protest too much. In Answer to Croesy's post after my original post (Page 94) on the subject I agreed with him that it changed nothing and that it just led one to doubt everything the media say whatever side they might be on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The follow-up police statements did seem to shift the emphasis, particularly the final one that arrived just in the nick of time for Cummings' press conference. But it wasn't very helpful that Cummings said the police hadn't spoken to his family considering they'd released an initial statement like that. And a bit too easy to just blame the media for subsequent confusion arising over these apparent inconsistencies.
    Well again I think the phrase "My family" is probably spin in itself. Cummins can say he meant his wife and son rather than his extended family and claim later he didn't know his father had spoken to them. Stretching it but not impossible. These people are trained to wriggle.
    I know a person who is a top executive in an International company and she said the first thing she learned was how to not answer questions. Politicians and their ilk probably did the same course.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

Well, tbh that post from you this morning was just like a mini-compendium or recent articles from the Daily Mail and if you happen to read that rag I would definitely recommend questioning everything before regurgitating it on here.

International

Well, tbh that post from you this morning was just like a mini-compendium or recent articles from the Daily Mail and if you happen to read that rag I would definitely recommend questioning everything before regurgitating it on here.
    I don't read the mail or the guardian or any of them as a rule. What I read was on the scrolling stories on my google news on my phone which I scrolled though this morning. I only look at the head lines then open. Half of the stories are gossip about the royals and I scroll right past them.

Heisenberg

I don't read the mail or the guardian or any of them as a rule. What I read was on the scrolling stories on my google news on my phone which I scrolled though this morning. I only look at the head lines then open. Half of the stories are gossip about the royals and I scroll right past them.
    I'm pretty sure that's how the majority of us access the news media these days. Just because you don't read a certain newspaper, it doesn't mean you don't read articles from it. I try to avoid The Mail like the plague, yet it's sometimes the only place to read a particular story - which means that I, on occasions, read the Daily f**king Mail.

Google news just takes the headlines from those papers doesn’t it?

It’s always better to read the full story than just a headline too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's how the majority of us access the news media these days. Just because you don't read a certain newspaper, it doesn't mean you don't read articles from it. I try to avoid The Mail like the plague, yet it's sometimes the only place to read a particular story - which means that I, on occasions, read the Daily f**king Mail.
    When someone asked me where I'd got the info I went back on my phone to find the source but they'd changed the stories and I couldn't find it. Murphy's law!

Heisenberg

When someone asked me where I'd got the info I went back on my phone to find the source but they'd changed the stories and I couldn't find it. Murphy's law!
    If it's regarding the stories you were discussing today - The Mail and The Sun were reporting everything that you said

International

If it's regarding the stories you were discussing today - The Mail and The Sun were reporting everything that you said
    That thought did cross my mind when the responses started flooding in. But then you wouldn't expect them to be in the Observer or the guardian would you, they tend to spin the other way.

That thought did cross my mind when the responses started flooding in. But then you wouldn't expect them to be in the Observer or the guardian would you, they tend to spin the other way.
    The observer is the guardian.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The observer is the guardian.
    The observer is the sunday version and sunday papers tend to be more catch-up on the whole week and interviews with people who think they're important than actual news of the previous 24 hours. More like a weekly magazine, Obeserver Times Telegraph all the same kind of thing.

Heisenberg

And that's why you're being summoned before the Spanish Inquisition... you questioned everything that was in the Guardian/Mirror stories but have popped on here today after reading The Mail or The Sun and said you believe what you have read in it.

Please, please, please don't say you didn't sat that... It's 25 past 12 and I can't be arsed to find the quote right now _

International

And that's why you're being summoned before the Spanish Inquisition... you questioned everything that was in the Guardian/Mirror stories but have popped on here today after reading The Mail or The Sun and said you believe what you have read in it.

Please, please, please don't say you didn't sat that... It's 25 past 12 and I can't be arsed to find the quote right now _
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    I do think you need to hone your 'question everything' mantra a bit tbh.

International

I do think you need to hone your 'question everything' mantra a bit tbh.
    I do tend to question everything. Who are you really?

The police said they attended the property, the media added the reason. The Durham police have now stated that they did not visit as a result of a complaint about Cummins' presence, and they did not speak to him and his wife. The actually visited the property at Mr Cummins senior's request to discuss security of the property. It had nothing to do with Cummins or anything connected to lock-down . Another point that bothers me about this is that the Durham Police could have corrected the suggestions regarding the visit immediately but that chose not to. I wonder who made that call?
    Yes the Barnard castle visit was correct, the alleged second sighting was the lie. It seems to me that the media don't check too hard when what they hear suits their argument and do if it doesn't. It should have been easily proven that Cummins was in fact in London on the day of the alleged second visit.
    Every time the do this kind of thing they just make me doubt the honestly of anything in the media.
    The journalist who broke the story was interviewed on the guardian In Focus podcast last week. He talks about the timeline and what they did to verify before publishing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The journalist who broke the story was interviewed on the guardian In Focus podcast last week. He talks about the timeline and what they did to verify before publishing.
    You're a bit late to the party aren't you?
    I wouldn't have heard it then would I? I've never listened to a podcast by anyone about anything in my life!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just to hang off your coat tails a second - I forgot to tell xsnaggle that the journalist from The Mirror stated that Tim Matthews wasn't the source for the "second Durham trip" story too. I thought it was a bit strange that the witness didn't allow them to print their name at the time but was happy to come out and tell the world that they lied about it today.

That smells a bit fishy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no the first person that reported the second sighting wasn't the same person that later admitted he made it up. the person who made it up was the second person to report the second sighting!
    There were 2 sightings , the first, reported by a retired teacher was correct.
    The second reported by Mr Matthews was a lie. he later added more info to this lie by rigging his exercise app on his phone. This not conjecture by the media, he has admitted it. He says he did it as "a joke".

You're a bit late to the party aren't you?
    I wouldn't have heard it then would I? I've never listened to a podcast by anyone about anything in my life!
    You don't have to get defensive and shout at everyone. I don't have an alert on my phone that says "xsnaggle has made a post! Stop what you're doing!"

As I was reading through the thread I thought it was worth mentioning.

International

Just to hang off your coat tails a second - I forgot to tell xsnaggle that the journalist from The Mirror stated that Tim Matthews wasn't the source for the "second Durham trip" story too. I thought it was a bit strange that the witness didn't allow them to print their name at the time but was happy to come out and tell the world that they lied about it today.

That smells a bit fishy.
    It may have been because he was about to be named by a rival rag and wanted to get his "joke" in first. He didn't admit to as lie, jhe said it was a joke. Apparently that's different. But I expect the story will change again from one side or the other. It makes no difference really, the first was right the second wasn't. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Heisenberg

There were 2 sightings , the first, reported by a retired teacher was correct.
    The second reported by Mr Matthews was a lie. he later added more info to this lie by rigging his exercise app on his phone. This not conjecture by the media, he has admitted it. He says he did it as "a joke".
    Read my last post then read RJK's post again and it'll make sense