+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Perhaps it is and there are no people for her to call? For me its just silly for anyone to complain for getting paid to do nothing. As I said, its too easy to resign and let someone else have the stress of doing nothing for money.
    Whether the ssytem is working or not wasn't my point, the point was the woman complaining about getting paid for nothing. What really made me smile was that the article said she had only spoken on condition that she remained anonymous. i wonder why? Perhaps it was for fear of losing the great job she has?
    Oh, xsnaggle. Please never change

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Oh, xsnaggle. Please never change
    No intention of. I haven't had a good keyboard warrior argument on here for days!
    It breaks up the boredom of sitting here, and I'm not even getting paid by the government to sit her like she is.

International

No intention of. I haven't had a good keyboard warrior argument on here for days!
    It breaks up the boredom of sitting here, and I'm not even getting paid by the government to sit her like she is.
    Think I may have just managed to start one on another thread lol

Did you learn what Evra said to the Uruguayan player ?

Banned

Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
    Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
    I don't even understand why the media report it except to stir the shite?
    I'll remember that the next time you complain about Government's (usually Labour) wasting money.

Currently, my 3 neighbours are on furlough. They had a big bbq last night with about 8 visitors from different households. A couple stayed overnight. They have been offered the chance to return to work, both refuse, why work when you are getting 80% of your wages for nothing.

As a result of their garden party, I had 5 hours sleep before starting work at 8am. I'll be working until 5:30 pm - but getting paid until 1pm (25 hours a week - I am currently earning less than 80% of my wages). When this blows over, my taxes will probably rise to pay for some people (not all) to take the piss.

The Government, feeling extra generous, have now employed thousands of people to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad the media have brought it up, imagine if they only reported on stories that made the Government look good. That would certainly suit the confirmation biases that are on display by the resident loony who would be the first to say "you make these claims, but they are not reported anywhere".

Watch as he replies with a waving smiley - the resident Oscar Wilde.

Banned

Ah, so you come here to troll for arguments to liven up your boring existence. Glad I have that in writing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I'll remember that the next time you complain about Government's (usually Labour) wasting money.

Currently, my 3 neighbours are on furlough. They had a big bbq last night with about 8 visitors from different households. A couple stayed overnight. They have been offered the chance to return to work, both refuse, why work when you are getting 80% of your wages for nothing.

As a result of their garden party, I had 5 hours sleep before starting work at 8am. I'll be working until 5:30 pm - but getting paid until 1pm (25 hours a week - I am currently earning less than 80% of my wages). When this blows over, my taxes will probably rise to pay for some people (not all) to take the piss.

The Government, feeling extra generous, have now employed thousands of people to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad the media have brought it up, imagine if they only reported on stories that made the Government look good. That would certainly suit the confirmation biases that are on display by the resident loony who would be the first to say "you make these claims, but they are not reported anywhere".

Watch as he replies with a waving smiley - the resident Oscar Wilde.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Ah, so you come here to troll for arguments to liven up your boring existence. Glad I have that in writing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Did you learn what Evra said to the Uruguayan player ?
    After a fashion.

International

Sorry TBG, I missed you post earlier.
    Yes that is wrong, but it wasn't that I was I was commenting on, it was the woman complaining for getting paid to watch Netflix. As I said the solution to her dilemma is obvious. just resign from her job and sit and watch it whilst not getting paid.

The deeper question of them doing nothing is dependent on whether they are doing nothing because they system is not working or they are doing nothing because the system is working but there is not a huge amount of tracing to do.
    The BBC report made no effort to explain which point was correct or offer and 'evidence' for one or the other. They just chose to leave the reader with the impression that the woman doing nothing was the government's fault but didn't explain why.

Sorry TBG, I missed you post earlier.
    Yes that is wrong, but it wasn't that I was I was commenting on, it was the woman complaining for getting paid to watch Netflix. As I said the solution to her dilemma is obvious. just resign from her job and sit and watch it whilst not getting paid.

The deeper question of them doing nothing is dependent on whether they are doing nothing because they system is not working or they are doing nothing because the system is working but there is not a huge amount of tracing to do.
    The BBC report made no effort to explain which point was correct or offer and 'evidence' for one or the other. They just chose to leave the reader with the impression that the woman doing nothing was the government's fault but didn't explain why.
    Didn’t one of the professor blokes say the other night that there isn’t a huge amount of tracing to do at the moment for various reasons?
    Did he state that most cases are only happening in places they know about like care homes and hospitals? I can’t quite recall.
    Getting paid to do nowt eh? Yet we Brits love a moan don’t we.....

Isn’t it a good attitude to complain that they’re getting paid tax payer’s money to do nothing?

I thought all the above posts about people getting paid during the Covid crisis by the taxpayer and doing little was about teachers, I now realise it's some other public sector job, one wonders how many similar jobs like that there are about at the moment.

Would anybody on here prefer to be sat at home watching telly rather than contributing towards the reduced spread of the virus if they could?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn’t it a good attitude to complain that they’re getting paid tax payer’s money to do nothing?
    Maybe, but it would be a far stronger message to say, "I've resigned because I was doing nothing and I don't want to waste the tax-payers money". In reality this woman is complaining but insist on remaining anonymous, and that makes me ask why? Is it because she doesn't want to lose the cushy job she is complaining about?
    But again, the point is that the BBC offers up the article and leaves the reader with the impression that it is bad, but it may be that there are no calls to make because everything else is running OK. Its a bit like the nightingale Hospitals, they are not being used, so is that good thing or an outrageous waste of the tax-payers money?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Would anybody on here prefer to be sat at home watching telly rather than contributing towards the reduced spread of the virus if they could?
    But the 2 points you raise are in no way connected.

Sitting at home doing nothing is contributing towards the reduced spread, the only difference is that this woman is being paid to do exactly that. so if she thinks it's a waste of taxpayers money why doesn't she just resign instead of making a very public complaint via the BBC and continuing to take the money?
    That's not a difficult question is it?

But the 2 points you raise are in no way connected.

Sitting at home doing nothing is contributing towards the reduced spread, the only difference is that this woman is being paid to do exactly that. so if she thinks it's a waste of taxpayers money why doesn't she just resign instead of making a very public complaint via the BBC and continuing to take the money?
    That's not a difficult question is it?
    I think she probably just wants to be useful and productive. Asking her to resign if she's really just telling the truth about her situation seems like a pretty brutal way of silencing comments of this kind. It would be good to know how we can make those recruited as productive as possible.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...virus-response

Fair play for having the audacity for trying to take the piss.

International

I think she probably just wants to be useful and productive. Asking her to resign if she's really just telling the truth about her situation seems like a pretty brutal way of silencing comments of this kind. It would be good to know how we can make those recruited as productive as possible.
    You are deliberately avoiding the question. If she is so upset why doesn't she just resign? It's very easy. She could still make the comment and in view of her sacrifice it would carry more weight.
    The people may be being as productive as possible. If there is no one to track and trace what would you like them to do? Invent things so she can make phone calls and not watch Netflix?

Heisenberg

You are deliberately avoiding the question. If she is so upset why doesn't she just resign? It's very easy. She could still make the comment and in view of her sacrifice it would carry more weight.
    The people may be being as productive as possible. If there is no one to track and trace what would you like them to do? Invent things so she can make phone calls and not watch Netflix?
    Maybe she did resign and your son can now take her place sitting on his arse, doing nothing, in the name of the Govt...

If they ever get back to him, of course

International

Maybe she did resign and your son can now take her place sitting on his arse, doing nothing, in the name of the Govt...

If they ever get back to him, of course
    Well on the 6 PM BBC news I just watched she still hasn't. lol She was probably being paid by them for the interview and getting paid for watch Netflix at the same time. Giss a job mate!!!

Heisenberg

Well on the 6 PM BBC news I just watched she still hasn't. lol She was probably being paid by them for the interview and getting paid for watch Netflix at the same time. Giss a job mate!!!
    Not sure how she was capable of watching Netflix while giving an interview, but if so... She's definitely being underutilised in her role

International

Not sure how she was capable of watching Netflix while giving an interview, but if so... She's definitely being underutilised in her role
    And getting paid twice lol. She could have been watching Netflix because that's what the report said she does when she is being paid. She had her back to the camera, (presumably so she could keep her anonymity and thereby her great job,) so she could have been watching TV. Or knitting, or anything but answering the bloody phone!!!

I'm just not sure why are you getting so obsessed whether this individual resigns or not. There are surely bigger issues to get in a tiz about at the moment. Other people have spoken about concerns with different aspects of this system. If they're not lying or grossly exaggerating why are you so keen that somebody should lose their job over it? It's just bizarre to me.

Rather than hoping for some kind of self-imposed retribution for her comments perhaps it just raises broader questions over whether the 25,000 contact tracers are actually being efficiently utilised? It's not always necessary to get so defensive as there may be good reasons - I think most people would be hope that is the case and therefore may be curious to understand, at least probably more than this anonymous persons current job prospects.

International

I'm just not sure why are you getting so obsessed whether this individual resigns or not. There are surely bigger issues to get in a tiz about at the moment. Other people have spoken about concerns with different aspects of this system. If they're not lying or grossly exaggerating why are you so keen that somebody should lose their job over it? It's just bizarre to me.

Rather than hoping for some kind of self-imposed retribution for her comments perhaps it just raises broader questions over whether the 25,000 contact tracers are actually being efficiently utilised? It's not always necessary to get so defensive as there may be good reasons - I think most people would be hope that is the case and therefore may be curious to understand, at least probably more than this anonymous persons current job prospects.
    You are still avoiding answering the question. If she feels so strongly about it why doesn't she just quit?

No one is saying she should be sacked.