+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 350 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm just trying to understand the wider point you make. If it helps. I'll start the sentence. There was this nurse from Nevada that posted an emotional You Tube video about her experience working in New York hospitals. It looks really dubious at best and fake at worst so this means the coronavirus problem is (this is the bit that you add)!
    That's what I thought, but I suppose it does add that element of conspiracy to things and we know that is so important to some on here.

Although I don't think any of the usual crowd of conspiracy theorists on here are flat earthers, I always go back to that Netflix documentary on the subject two a couple of years ago where they were given the resources to come up with something which would prove conclusively that the earth was flat. They opted for a series of lasers the same distance apart, over a period of hundreds of miles I believe, which would form a straight line when they were all connected. When it did no such thing and, instead, showed a degree of curvature, the experiment was then rubbished as the flat earthers immediately moved on to a new one which they said were really, really prove they were right this time!

The reaction of the conspiracy theorists on here when today's or this weeks story proves to be the usual load of shit is exactly the same as those flat earthers - it's as if it never existed and they move on to the next theory/barmy suggestion which, this time, will prove conclusively they are right and the rest of us mindless sheep who just accept the line we are fed without question.

This is the really funny thing which underscores such a mindset. There is this smug certainty they all have that they are completely right and we are completely wrong, there are no shades of grey - it's so simple if we could only just see it.

Generally speaking, the conspiracy theorists on here have been all over the place when it comes to the virus, Organ especially, and it's impossible for them to have been correct all of the time on the subject because so often they have said different things at different times. However, I've never seen an admission or acceptance from any of them, that they have been wrong.

I come at things from a certain point of view and am very much at the opposite end of the argument to those who think like Organ does, but I am open minded enough to admit that, when you look at places like Sweden and Belarus, there is a legitimate argument to be had about the need for the sort of strict lockdown practiced by other countries - I think there was a need, but I can see why others might think differently.

It's strange that the "independent thinkers" on here seem to have trouble with with that sort of concept - that the other side, could, possibly, be right. By sticking to their unyielding, formulaic viewpoints, come what may, all they're doing is proving they are just as sheeplike as they accuse everyone else of being - if not more so.

Britain was led by Churchill then – it’s led by a Churchill tribute act now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...made-it-louder

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm guessing that's a response to me. It still doesn't answer the specific question I asked. Once you do, specifically, I'll answer yours.
    No. It was a response to our resident meth cook. I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents. And once more, that was how previous pandemics were met. Those who are fearful for their health might wish to isolate themselves to whatever extent they desire. For any who have little or no support by way of friends/family/neighbours then of course the government ought to provide them with necessary resources. The plain paranoid can sit at home wearing a gas mask while washing their hands umpteen times per day for all I care and they have no business dictating to others.

I get the impression from many hereabouts, including yourself, that the economic impact of lockdown measures will be both minor and temporary and any financial hardships they may suffer will be similarly shallow. I think you and they are in for a rude awakening.

This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Sounds like you're a government designated essential worker. I and many others aren't and are restricted to occasional shopping trips and an hour of exercise per day. As I have your attention and knowing you share Eric's enthusiasm for lockdown measures I'll pose the same questions to you as him.

What would be your criteria for returning to what life was? How about deaths associated with COVID-19 falling to nil for perhaps a period of three months? What's your acceptable number of COVID-19 related deaths?
    Having an effective treatment would be one way of getting out of the lockdown.

This is extremely positive and exciting news. The sheer fact we are at this stage so early in the virus' evolution is incredible.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/06/h...-19/index.html

The added fact is that a number of companies have independently been working on this treatment. The most optimistic estimates are that this will be available for widespread distribution in the next 3 months.

I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents.
    This is the same person who, pretty much every week for as long as I remember on here, has made at least one comment about some section or other of the public being thick.

Banned

No. It was a response to our resident meth cook. I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents. And once more, that was how previous pandemics were met. Those who are fearful for their health might wish to isolate themselves to whatever extent they desire. For any who have little or no support by way of friends/family/neighbours then of course the government ought to provide them with necessary resources. The plain paranoid can sit at home wearing a gas mask while washing their hands umpteen times per day for all I care and they have no business dictating to others.

I get the impression from many hereabouts, including yourself, that the economic impact of lockdown measures will be both minor and temporary and any financial hardships they may suffer will be similarly shallow. I think you and they are in for a rude awakening.

This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

What, exactly, are you implying?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Having an effective treatment would be one way of getting out of the lockdown.

This is extremely positive and exciting news. The sheer fact we are at this stage so early in the virus' evolution is incredible.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/06/h...-19/index.html

The added fact is that a number of companies have independently been working on this treatment. The most optimistic estimates are that this will be available for widespread distribution in the next 3 months.
    As far as I'm aware no effective vaccine for any coronavirus has ever been developed. SARS in 2003, I recall, being a prime example.

What, exactly, are you implying?
    I think what was she implying is a trifle more important than what I implied, which was zilch.

What do you believe she meant?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is the same person who, pretty much every week for as long as I remember on here, has made at least one comment about some section or other of the public being thick.
    You've still got the hump for being described as a pizza delivery driver?

Banned

As far as I'm aware no effective vaccine for any coronavirus has ever been developed. SARS in 2003, I recall, being a prime example.
    The article I posted wasn't about a vaccine.

Banned

I think what was she implying is a trifle more important than what I implied, which was zilch.

What do you believe she meant?
    I believe that, under pressure of being on TV (she started off a little flustered), she used the wrong word. It is common.

Since you are not implying anything, can you tell me what you are actually stating?

You've still got the hump for being described as a pizza delivery driver?
    Not at all. On the contrary, I'd only be concerned if the ccmb laughing stock was agreeing with me.

I believe that, under pressure of being on TV (she started off a little flustered), she used the wrong word. It is common.

Since you are not implying anything, can you tell me what you are actually stating?
    Here's what I wrote: This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

I didn't imply anything.

Banned

Here's what I wrote: This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

I didn't imply anything.
    What stir did she cause then? Are there people out there who think that the Government have a top secret plan to infect 60% of the population and that the plan is so top secret that even the head of the RCN knows about it?

Banned

Not at all. On the contrary, I'd only be concerned if the ccmb laughing stock was agreeing with me.
    I do agree with you.

If the truth be known I admire you. After many years washing dishes in that KFC kitchen you aspired to better yourself and with it land a 50p per hour pay rise. That took real ambition. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I think that’s very insulting.

I’ve seen some great tribute acts like The Bootleg Beatles and Lymehouse Lizzy.

Johnson’s not even a Cameron tribute act, he’s that bad.

If the truth be known I admire you. After many years washing dishes in that KFC kitchen you aspired to better yourself and with it land a 50p per hour pay rise. That took real ambition. Bravo.
    This is the lamest burn I've seen in a long time.

What stir did she cause then? Are there people out there who think that the Government have a top secret plan to infect 60% of the population and that the plan is so top secret that even the head of the RCN knows about it?
    The stir is where the video's hosted. It has 1.8 million views and attracted 1,800 comments.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9O...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Churchill was an even bigger **** than Boris

Banned

The stir is where the video's hosted. It has 1.8 million views and attracted 1,800 comments.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9O...ature=youtu.be
    How many of those were commenting purely because a slip of the tongue confirmed their biases?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Churchill was an even bigger **** than Boris
    Spot on.

How many of those were commenting purely because a slip of the tongue confirmed their biases?
    I have no idea because I haven't read them. You asked why I made the stir remark, I told you but now you want me to speculate on why people made comments. It's easy to see why you get on Gunman's wick.

I have no idea because I haven't read them. You asked why I made the stir remark, I told you but now you want me to speculate on why people made comments. It's easy to see why you get on Gunman's wick.
    Maybe it's all a plandemic

It looks like Morg has accepted one of those social media challenges. You know the type. "Thanks for the nomination I'm going to share one You Tube video per day for 10 consecutive days that best show my philosophical, social and political outlook. No Explanations, just pictures".