+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I'm not defending it anymore than I would defend the earth is round, it's widely accepted.
    I warned you lol

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If I query (not that I ever would) the assumption that the world is round, you would show proof that the world is round.

If I query the assumption that these tests are not as inaccurate as you claim, what would you do?
    What proof would I show that the world is round ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I warned you lol
    From that I take it you agree the tests are only 70% accurate?

International

From that I take it you agree the tests are only 70% accurate?
    you're good at assuming things to suit your argument aren't you? It must be a useful ability.

Banned

What proof would I show that the world is round ?
    Are you saying you would make a claim that the world is round without having proof?

Copernicus once claimed that the sun orbited the earth. That became a widely accepted view. It was complete nonsense, of course.
    He also claimed that the earth was the central point of the universe. That also became a widely held view. Guess what? It was also untrue.
    It was also widely accepted that the earth was flat, even with the moon staring people in the eye.

Widely accepted views can be wrong.

Share the links of the stories you've been reading today. A simple CTRL+H will bring up your net history, you can get the links from there.

Banned

you're good at assuming things to suit your argument aren't you? It must be a useful ability.
    Says he who once worked somewhere where things escalated quickly - resulting in claiming that a consultant was giving us "good news" that the UHW were a week away from being overrun. lol lmao and all the other childish acronyms to accentuate some sort of a point.

OK, so my assumption was wrong. Which then leads me to ask, why are you getting involved (albeit in a schoolyard fashion) in a conversation on which you have registered no actual opinion? You wouldn't be trolling would you?

Are you saying you would make a claim that the world is round without having proof?

Copernicus once claimed that the sun orbited the earth. That became a widely accepted view. It was complete nonsense, of course.
    He also claimed that the earth was the central point of the universe. That also became a widely held view. Guess what? It was also untrue.
    It was also widely accepted that the earth was flat, even with the moon staring people in the eye.

Widely accepted views can be wrong.

Share the links of the stories you've been reading today. A simple CTRL+H will bring up your net history, you can get the links from there.
    You are doing it again, you are not answering my questions, I asked you 'what proof would I show that the World is round ?'

Banned

You are doing it again, you are not answering my questions, I asked you 'what proof would I show that the World is round ?'
    Where are these links?

Where are these links?
    And again, you refuse to engage in debate.

Banned

And again, you refuse to engage in debate.
    You seem to be turning the debate into the subject of proving the earth is round (a subject on which we both agree).

I'm sticking to where we were. CTRL+H then paste in the links here.

You seem to be turning the debate into the subject of proving the earth is round (a subject on which we both agree).

Oh I see you are still no answering my questions.

Banned

Oh I see you are still no answering my questions.
    I've been asking for the links a lot longer than you've been asking what proof you should submit to prove the roundness of the Earth.

If someone challenges your claim the earth is round, you could provide satellite images of the earth. You could point out what a lunar eclipse is, and how it would look if the world wasn't round. You could also go to a harbour and point out that a boat travelling away sinks out of view rather than disappears. You could even point out how the moon looks in the Southern hemisphere compared to the Northern Hemisphere. If this was over an internet forum, you could post links. Speaking of which.... where are your links?

I've been asking for the links a lot longer than you've been asking what proof you should submit to prove the roundness of the Earth.

If someone challenges your claim the earth is round, you could provide satellite images of the earth. You could point out what a lunar eclipse is, and how it would look if the world wasn't round. You could also go to a harbour and point out that a boat travelling away sinks out of view rather than disappears. You could even point out how the moon looks in the Southern hemisphere compared to the Northern Hemisphere. If this was over an internet forum, you could post links. Speaking of which.... where are your links?
    Sweet Jesus....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sweet Jesus....
    ?

International

Sweet Jesus....
    Unreal!!

Banned

Unreal!!
    What is unreal?

The world is 70% round.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The world is 70% round.
    I thought it was elliptical.

I thought it was elliptical.
    Oblate spheroid.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Oblate spheroid.
    I think my nan had that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Oblate spheroid.
    lol I knew I'd be wrong.

I think my nan had that.
    Should clear up in a week with steroid cream.

Can't say I have ever seen a CTRL button on my phone before, it is a cheap phone mind you, where is it ?

Reading about test kits that Spain recently sent back to China that the Spanish reckon only had a 30% success rate, the company making it were claiming it had an 80% success rate and it apparently had received European Union certification (but the Chinese Government had itself not certified it).

There are a lot of poor tests out there, I have heard of a few 'false negatives' myself locally, it's very concerning, I guess people around the World are working on this, I just hope they can come up with readily accessable reliable accurate tests.

Banned

Reading about test kits that Spain recently sent back to China that the Spanish reckon only had a 30% success rate, the company making it were claiming it had an 80% success rate and it apparently had received European Union certification (but the Chinese Government had itself not certified it).

There are a lot of poor tests out there, I have heard of a few 'false negatives' myself locally, it's very concerning, I guess people around the World are working on this, I just hope they can come up with readily accessable reliable accurate tests.
    Any links to the story?