+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can anyone explain why the buffoon Drakeford has been saying for weeks we will ease the lockdown when five conditions are met, they all were last week as far as I’m aware ( fall in pos cases, r rate 0. Something, nhs is almost empty nevermind coping, nightingale a waste of 10 million in Cardiff alone bla bla so what did he base his ridiculous decision on ? Was it just as many say to try and piss Westminster off?
    Anyway, I’ve not seen traffic like today since before lockdown, very busy by fidlas rd allday, people out all over the place.....has everyone just said f it?
    The lockdown has been eased.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The lockdown has been eased.
    Barely, here. Cowbridge Rd earlier was almost indistinguishable from pre lockdown, for cars at least though

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Barely, here. Cowbridge Rd earlier was almost indistinguishable from pre lockdown, for cars at least though
    It is always very quiet in the evenings because no pubs or restaurants open, and I think its busier in the day because more people are either going back to work or thinking of excuses to go out in their cars thinking they are still self isolating because they are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I heard a whisper that some of the "mainliners" on here are turning up in full hazmat suits. Obviously to avoid the omnipresent cctv of the repressive state and not to catch 5G rather than for reasons of personal safety around mixing with similar minded free thinkers who are blessed with the true path. They just hope that too many don't turn up though as they will need to splinter as illuminati groups have waiting lists!

Organ Morgan, clothed in black belt hazmat, will still probably distance himself from the the masses on his trip in and out on the NO 95 bus to the protest!
    I heard he's borrowing Sludge's gimp suit for the occasion

Coronavirus may never go away, World Health Organization warns - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52643682

Lockdowns without an end date is what's required along with austerity measures to reflect the huge decline in economic activity that impact on government revenue streams. Ending the triple-lock State Pension guarantee is one idea being floated via a convenient leak to gauge public opinion. Another decade of public sector pay freezing is a racing certainty and that's without factoring in the fallout from the expected COVID-19 second wave this autumn followed by the real possibility of many subsequent ones as the WHO warned.

But whatever privations may be ahead those of us who place the lives of those most vulnerable to COVID-19 above that of the nation's and our personal finances shall endure a greatly reduced standard of living without complaint for we will reap what we helped sow with fortitude.

I am prepared to starve for the cause, and shall hum the Dambusters March until the very end.

More conditioning from the WHO:-

Coronavirus could take FIVE YEARS to bring under control warns WHO's chief scientist - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...G3h?li=BBoPWjQ

Here's the juicy bit from the article:-

Soumya Swaminathan, the World Health Organisation's (WHO) chief scientist, told the FT's Global Boardroom digital conference: 'I would say in a four to five-year timeframe, we could be looking at controlling this.'

Five years?! Kinell, we'll all be queuing at food banks long before then.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Apparently there is a market on 4chan for a new StayAlert VPN that makes it look you are broadcasting out of North Devon rather than a bunker in South Glamorgan
    I use the Somerset version.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't think it's quite as simple as money v people. Life for almost everyone has been hugely affected by the restrictions that have been imposed in a bid to conquer Covid-19 despite the fact that the vast majority of the population stand little or no chance of either falling seriously ill or dying as a result of the virus.

By and large, I think most people have thus far taken the restrictions in good faith and have reacted pretty well under the circumstances. However, it's blatantly obvious that society simply can't go on operating like this indefinitely. The economy is clearly a huge factor in how things will work going forward, but so is the way in which we want to live our lives.
    Dear me, your resolve after less than eight weeks of restrictions to combat COVID-19 isn't on the wane but collapsing.

'However, it's blatantly obvious that society simply can't go on operating like this indefinitely' is an inch away from sedition.

Weak characters during WW2 were quick to propose seeking peace terms with Adolf whenever his bombers appeared overhead. You're of the same ilk.

We will continue to resist this invisible enemy for however long is necessary in obeyance with what's prescribed by our democratically elected leaders whatever the cost, and we shall do so with stoicism.

Saving granny trumps all other considerations, which includes Britain's economic well being along with the employment status of you and everyone else.

Defeatists can bugger off.

Good news as I posted a week or so ago....

Coronavirus antibody test a 'positive development' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52656808

Unfortunately with Drakeford the clown calling the shots it will be about 3 years after England they pass it on to lil ole Wales

Senydd... "stay home".

Vaughan Gething pictured having a picnic Bank Holiday weekend.

Senydd... "ok, we're now relaxing rules a bit".

I assume he'll be gone like those in Scotland and England?

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Senydd... "stay home".

Vaughan Gething pictured having a picnic Bank Holiday weekend.

Senydd... "ok, we're now relaxing rules a bit".

I assume he'll be gone like those in Scotland and England?
    Depends how important they think he is, Jenrick kept his ministerial post after seemingly breaking the rules. As usual one rule for us and one for them.

I'm skint I just bought myself 2 BMWs and a Range Rover for the Mrs.

I think I have car owner virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Depends how important they think he is, Jenrick kept his ministerial post after seemingly breaking the rules. As usual one rule for us and one for them.
    Jenrick delivered medication and food to elderly parents.

Gething... went for a family outing.

Bit of a difference.

Taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage this morning;-

"A new study published this week in the International Journal of Clinical Practice suggests that more than one in four people in the UK are likely to have been infected already by the coronavirus.

The study, by researchers from the University of Manchester, Salford Royal and Res Consortium, is the first to use case data from 144 local authorities on the number of people infected in their areas. From this data, the researchers calculated the R-value - the number of people infected by one person with Covid-19 – within each area.

The data shows, they say, that more than 25% of people in the UK could already have had the virus by the second half of April – higher than previously thought.

The researchers said the UK’s R value, which was over three at the start of the outbreak in the middle of March, was now “well below 1”. This tallies with data published by Public Health England, showing that the overall UK R-value is 0.7 with variation from 0.4 in London to 0.8 in Yorkshire and the north-east of England.

Dr Adrian Heald from the University of Manchester, one of the researchers, said:

Covid-19 is a highly infectious condition and very dangerous for a small group of people. However, a much larger group seem to have low or no symptoms and have been unreported.

This study tries to provide an estimate of the number of historic infections – and gives us all a glimmer of hope that there may be light at the end of the tunnel."

Bit of a difference.
    There certainly is, one is going to a second home the other is going for a walk with his family.

Heisenberg

Bit of a difference.
    He said that he delivered food and medication to his elderly parents... Who were already receiving support from the community - negating the need for him to travel 40+miles to visit them.

He also travelled to a second home during lockdown, which was strictly forbidden.

No excuses for Vaughan Gething either, he knows the rules and he has broken them... but if you're going to criticise him for having a picnic with his family and then defend Jenrick for his actions, you just confirm that you're a hypocritical Tory arselicker.

Heisenberg

Actually... I take it back about Gething.

According to gov.wales https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exerc...#section-41078

'Doing other things while exercising

15. Although the main purpose of leaving home should be to exercise, activity incidental to that which is good for people’s health or wellbeing is also considered to be reasonable. Going for a walk and also stopping to have something to eat or sit in a park, for example, is intended to be permitted. Most of the time away from home should, however, be spent exercising.'

So as long as he spent more time walking than sitting, it appears as though he has nothing to apologise for.

Awkward moment for 'tell it like it is'...

'tell it like it isn't' might be more appropriate.

Bit of a difference.
    That was obviously a load of twoddle though. The CMO in Scotland came up with some bullshit excuse too but she was expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Actually... I take it back about Gething.

According to gov.wales https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exerc...#section-41078

'Doing other things while exercising

15. Although the main purpose of leaving home should be to exercise, activity incidental to that which is good for people’s health or wellbeing is also considered to be reasonable. Going for a walk and also stopping to have something to eat or sit in a park, for example, is intended to be permitted. Most of the time away from home should, however, be spent exercising.'

So as long as he spent more time walking than sitting, it appears as though he has nothing to apologise for.

Awkward moment for 'tell it like it is'...

'tell it like it isn't' might be more appropriate.
    Except the Welsh rules changed after the Bank Holiday therefore weren't in play at the time.

Awkward. Now **** off...

Except the Welsh rules changed after the Bank Holiday therefore weren't in play at the time.

Awkward. Now **** off...
    You’re such a twat.

No surprise you’re a Tory bootlicker to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re such a twat.

No surprise you’re a Tory bootlicker to go with it.
    Oooh, tough talk.

Heisenberg

Awkward. Now **** off...
    Guess I'm wrong about that then. Apologies. I'll revert to my original post that he was wrong and so was Jenrick.

I'm guessing you'll be sticking to fact that it was fine for Jenrick to travel to his second home and unnecessarily visit his parents who had food and medication delivered to them by their community?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Guess I'm wrong about that then. Apologies. I'll revert to my original post that he was wrong and so was Jenrick.

I'm guessing you'll be sticking to fact that it was fine for Jenrick to travel to his second home and unnecessarily visit his parents who had food and medication delivered to them by their community?
    No need to apologise. Web site doesn't track the history notes after all.

It's been claimed Jenrick's parents had things delivered by community, not verified. What's clear is Gething broke own advice and the main difference is Jenrick isn't a health minister.

Heisenberg

No need to apologise. Web site doesn't track the history notes after all.

It's been claimed Jenrick's parents had things delivered by community, not verified. What's clear is Gething broke own advice and the main difference is Jenrick isn't a health minister.
    Not verified, yet they have managed before and after Jenrick visited them.

Jenrick visited his second home and has made excuses for that too... You haven't commented on that in response to any of my posts yet. What view do you take on that?

International

Awkward. Now **** off...
    Mr Drakeford said that although that new rule wasn't publicised until after the Gething's action it was in fact decided at the Welsh cabinet meeting on the previous Thursday. My Gething had been in attendance so knew the rule. The fact that no one else in Wales did at the time he bought the chips was deemed by the First minister to be irrelevant.

But I didn't see anything about going to your allotment!. Or convalescing in Chequers and then moving to Downing Street,