+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 350 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He thinks he's Churchill, but he's far closer to Chamberlain or Eden
    Churchill was a sexist, racist, egotistical drunkard who had affairs .

Boris does sound more like that than the others you have mentioned, just a much more ineffectual version.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    no, see my post above, in the case we are discussing, you could become infected at the departure airport, but the test would not show positive in a test at the arrival airport, they think it takes a few days till a test would show positive
    They don't know how long it takes to produce a positive result from infection. However, it has nothing to do with incubation periods which is what your first post implied.

Banned

Seoul back into lockdown ( well bars and cafes closing again )

i guess this will be the new norm for a while
    It highlights just how stupid it would be to relax the lockdown in the UK now. We have not established a decline in new cases, and deaths are still high.

Interestingly, 40 cases are linked to one night club which was visited by a 29 year old who went on to test positive (South Korea are using massive testing and tracing to monitor the outbreaks). That is not implying that the 29 year old went on to infect 40 people, but it is pinpointing a specific location as a common factor. South Korea's first wave makes ours look like a tsunami.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Boris does sound more like that than the others you have mentioned, just a much more ineffectual version.
    And Churchill swore and smoked - don't forget that..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Quarantine now for airline passenger arrivals.
    Surely with Boris saying there will be 200,000 tests they can just test them on arrival. Then quarantine if necessary.

they think incubation period is a few days, so they might have come into contact in the departure airport, if we tested them on arrival they would still be negative

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They don't know how long it takes to produce a positive result from infection. However, it has nothing to do with incubation periods which is what your first post implied.
    i did not mean incubation till the person showed symptoms, i quoted Hilts who mentioned tests at the airports, i used a example of coming into contact / being infected at the departure airport and a test at the destination airport ( unless they flew around the world 7 times ) would still be negative, as i said the governments expert said they think it can take a few days from contact and infection till a test would show positive

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And Churchill swore and smoked - don't forget that..
    And he knowingly allowed 4 million Indians to starve to death while diverting food elsewhere.

International

Where did he divert the food to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Jeepers......what great leader in history did not have hos faults...the fact he is was a LEADER!! without him leading, europe would still probably be under control of the third reich

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Jeepers......what great leader in history did not have hos faults...the fact he is was a LEADER!!
    It is the way these days, all our great leaders were bad people, everything we did in the world was bad and Prime Ministers have to apolgise for something that happened 100 years ago when the world was a very different place.

It makes me sick!!!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is the way these days, all our great leaders were bad people, everything we did in the world was bad and Prime Ministers have to apolgise for something that happened 100 years ago when the world was a very different place.

It makes me sick!!!!
    Would an apology make you feel better?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Would an apology make you feel better?
    Unlikely.

Heisenberg

Unlikely.
    Sorry about that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Sorry about that.
    I'll forgive you

International

.... but I won't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's Mr Exponential. I'm wondering why there's not millions or billions of COVID-19 dead by now.
    Because of the social distancing mate, that’s the whole ****ing point you dope

Banned

i did not mean incubation till the person showed symptoms, i quoted Hilts who mentioned tests at the airports, i used a example of coming into contact / being infected at the departure airport and a test at the destination airport ( unless they flew around the world 7 times ) would still be negative, as i said the governments expert said they think it can take a few days from contact and infection till a test would show positive
    You actually said

they think incubation period is a few days, so they might have come into contact in the departure airport, if we tested them on arrival they would still be negative
    That implied that people would still be negative because of the incubation period, but I am willing to write it off as poor English.

Regardless, no-one knows how long it takes for a test to pick up infection.

Also, even during the closure of the borders, an estimated 15,000 people are arriving into the country daily. How this will be policed when we have even more people arriving will be challenging.

It makes me sick!!!!
    Causing an Indian genocide does make you a bad persons doesn’t it?

Banned

100,000 tests a day. The Government has achieved this target ONCE. And, to get to that stage, they included tests that had not yet happened.

200,000 tests by the end of May is the latest target. That's going to take a lot of creativity, maybe even changing the number system so we go

Or, more likely

Interestingly, the CMO said "Take care interpreting the data, it is difficult to identify trends from this data". I wonder what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's Mr Exponential. I'm wondering why there's not millions or billions of COVID-19 dead by now.
    The virus is probably trying to figure out which ones the Chinese are, it's annoyed at itself for keeping accidentally killing loads of people of other nationalities

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You actually said

That implied that people would still be negative because of the incubation period, but I am willing to write it off as poor English.

Regardless, no-one knows how long it takes for a test to pick up infection.

Also, even during the closure of the borders, an estimated 15,000 people are arriving into the country daily. How this will be policed when we have even more people arriving will be challenging.

no its pointing out a fact that a government expert said that " they think incubation period is a few days ( maybe i should have added till a test would show as positive just to avoid confusion, but due to the example of the airport i felt it wasnt needed ) , so they might have come into contact in the departure airport, if we tested them on arrival they would still be negative " they have said that a test might not show up a positive until a few days have past from contact / infection , thus testing at the airport wouldnt work

but I am willing to write off your misunderstanding of my post due to you being you

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Causing an Indian genocide does make you a bad persons doesn’t it?
    Boring.!!!!!!

Boring.!!!!!!
    Why? Because it goes against the Britain is perfect narrative you’ve grown up with?

Isn’t the nuanced truth more interesting than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Jeepers......what great leader in history did not have hos faults...the fact he is was a LEADER!! without him leading, europe would still probably be under control of the third reich
    I my opinion Stalin (who also swore and smoked) was more responsible for defeating the Third Reich than Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why? Because it goes against the Britain is perfect narrative you’ve grown up with?

Isn’t the nuanced truth more interesting than that?
    Blair ....WMD

International

When /i posted that I was wondering how long it would take you to turn up.
    Was that the first indan genocide or the second one. giove me the datails please, I'm not sure.

I told you beofre, you're a waste of oxygen