+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought he said the R was between .7 and .9 all over the Uk and so I assumed that what he meant was that, as long as that was the case, there was no need for localised lockdowns, but he seemed somewhat distracted throughout the briefing to me and so I might have got the wrong end of the stick.
    I wasn't sure myself. What I posted is what I "think" he meant. But I don't believe they'd knowing let the R go up to 1.3 or whatever number which would cause everything to go tits up. Even the government can't be that stupid. Can they????

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I wasn't sure myself. What I posted is what I "think" he meant. But I don't believe they'd knowing let the R go up to 1.3 or whatever number which would cause everything to go tits up. Even the government can't be that stupid. Can they????

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This was supposed to be a public information briefing I guess?

Banned

I see there's a study today saying that seventy per cent of those testing positive (not sure if it's for England only or the UK) report no symptoms. This must mean that the percentage of the population who have had the virus has to be higher than the figure of seven per cent I hear a lot of surely?
    Not really. The 7% figure is obtained from recent anti-body tests, and those tests included people who reported no symptoms. The 70% figure would suggest that 4.9% of the population have had covid-19 with no symptoms, and 2.1% have had the virus and reported symptoms.

If you look at today’s graphs showing the number of people in hospital suffering with COVID19, the data for Wales show that the end of the curve has been flat for the last 3 -4 weeks (difficult to be precise as the x axis is not fully annotated). Indeed it looks like there might even be an increase at the end whereas every other region has the curve continuing to fall. Not a good sign I would have thought? No-one from the media has commented on this as far as I know.

Source: https://assets.publishing.service.go...with_Annex.pdf

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Yes.
    Probably!

R in Wales is 0.8 according to this - or was a short while ago;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52944037

R in Wales is 0.8 according to this - or was a short while ago;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52944037
    Which is good, only 11 confirmed cases in Cardiff too, most of which were either in hospitals or care homes app

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Which is good, only 11 confirmed cases in Cardiff too, most of which were either in hospitals or care homes app
    Where do you get that info from? I can never find anything like that when I google for Welsh figures.

Where do you get that info from? I can never find anything like that when I google for Welsh figures.
    Insider knowledge bit like the inner circle used to be

Warning:

Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

https://twitter.com/apexworldnews/st...16865517928448

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Warning:

Never ever, ever try to jump traffic lights.

Warning:

What is that to do do with coronavirus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Never ever, ever try to jump traffic lights.
    Somebody chucked a brick at the horse mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What is that to do do with coronavirus ?
    The protest was declared illegal by the chief of police, who is also enforcing social distancing regulations in London. I'll let you work out the rest of it.

The protest was declared illegal by the chief of police, who is also enforcing social distancing regulations in London. I'll let you work out the rest of it.
    Touchy this morning, did you get a good nights sleep.I asked a question no need to be sarcy.

We've had no end of criticism about Cheltenham and the Liverpool game and how they exacerbated the situation, but read the BBC, some papers, etc. and no similar comment all. Interestingly, no 'estimated numbers' either, something the media is always keen to pounce on. No criticism from Khan, but that's to be expected..

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Touchy this morning, did you get a good nights sleep.I asked a question no need to be sarcy.
    I'm not sarcy, I've read this entire thread, and it's full of people who have real fears and are genuinely worried about the future. But now we discover that with the aid of some mental gymnastics, it is now possible for a specific subset of the general population to absolve themselves of all responsibility and duty of care to others. Not only is this dangerous, it also sets a very bad precident regarding the rule of law.

Somebody chucked a brick at the horse mate.
    I’m exercising my right of free speech with a hint of interpreting what is put before me, as you’re a fan of Trump I thought you’d appreciate this more than anyone.

I'm not sarcy, I've read this entire thread, and it's full of people who have real fears and are genuinely worried about the future. But now we discover that with the aid of some mental gymnastics, it is now possible for a specific subset of the general population to absolve themselves of all responsibility and duty of care to others. Not only is this dangerous, it also sets a very bad precident regarding the rule of law.
    Oh now that you put it that way i now understand,thanx for the heads up

I’m exercising my right of free speech with a hint of interpreting what is put before me, as you’re a fan of Trump I thought you’d appreciate this more than anyone.
    Not really a fan of Trump per se, but I did find the internatinal plot to overthrow him quite interesting. However, I draw the line at chucking bricks at horses, as that is going outside the rules of engagement. That poor police woman could have easily been killed due to the stupidity of some idiots.

Not really a fan of Trump per se, but I did find the internatinal plot to overthrow him quite interesting. However, I draw the line at chucking bricks at horses, as that is going outside the rules of engagement. That poor police woman could have easily been killed due to the stupidity of some idiots.
    “International plot to overthrow him...” I missed that coup supported by Merkel and Trudeau to oust him, I thought it was a Putin plot that put him in?

I agree throwing bricks at police horse is ***** trick. These antifa should be having a square go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHuGha_bTo

“International plot to overthrow him...” I missed that coup supported by Merkel and Trudeau to oust him, I thought it was a Putin plot that put him in?

I agree throwing bricks at police horse is ***** trick. These antifa should be having a square go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHuGha_bTo
    Interesting clip I think we sadly support and a sport that has demonstrated acts of racism , hate , bigotry, greed, homophobia and misogynistic behaviours.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Interesting clip I think we sadly support and a sport that has demonstrated acts of racism , hate , bigotry, greed, homophobia and misogynistic behaviours.
    Of course we do and in the main all those issues have been tolerated.

Let’s get the thread back on it’s subject

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...new-covid-wave