+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

On a completely different topic, I am seeing so many reports about "Tracers" complaining in the Media abut being paid to do nothing. There is another on the BBC Web Page this morning complaining of being paid to watch Netflix.

The solution for these people is simple. They can just quit. Hand in their notice then sit at home and watch Netflix for nothing. What's their problem?

There are more than enough people out there who would bite their hands off for the job, including all the student who normally supplement their grants by working in pubs, and including my boy who applied 2 weeks ago and hasn't even had acknowledgement of his application yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    On a completely different topic, I am seeing so many reports about "Tracers" complaining in the Media abut being paid to do nothing. There is another on the BBC Web Page this morning complaining of being paid to watch Netflix.

The solution for these people is simple. They can just quit. Hand in their notice then sit at home and watch Netflix for nothing. What's their problem?

There are more than enough people out there who would bite their hands off for the job, including all the student who normally supplement their grants by working in pubs, and including my boy who applied 2 weeks ago and hasn't even had acknowledgement of his application yet.
    Where do you get these jobs? I wouldn’t mind doing a bit of track n trace

People who want something to do so that they actually earn their wage from the government are a problem?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People who want something to do so that they actually earn their wages from the government are a problem?
    Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
    Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
    I don't even understand why the media report it except to stir the shite?

Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
    Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
    Don't you think it wrong that people are paid from our taxes to do nothing????

Banned

I'll remember that the next time you complain about Government's (usually Labour) wasting money.

Currently, my 3 neighbours are on furlough. They had a big bbq last night with about 8 visitors from different households. A couple stayed overnight. They have been offered the chance to return to work, both refuse, why work when you are getting 80% of your wages for nothing.

As a result of their garden party, I had 5 hours sleep before starting work at 8am. I'll be working until 5:30 pm - but getting paid until 1pm (25 hours a week - I am currently earning less than 80% of my wages). When this blows over, my taxes will probably rise to pay for some people (not all) to take the piss.

The Government, feeling extra generous, have now employed thousands of people to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad the media have brought it up, imagine if they only reported on stories that made the Government look good. That would certainly suit the confirmation biases that are on display by the resident loony who would be the first to say "you make these claims, but they are not reported anywhere".

Watch as he replies with a waving smiley - the resident Oscar Wilde.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I'll remember that the next time you complain about Government's (usually Labour) wasting money.

Currently, my 3 neighbours are on furlough. They had a big bbq last night with about 8 visitors from different households. A couple stayed overnight. They have been offered the chance to return to work, both refuse, why work when you are getting 80% of your wages for nothing.

As a result of their garden party, I had 5 hours sleep before starting work at 8am. I'll be working until 5:30 pm - but getting paid until 1pm (25 hours a week - I am currently earning less than 80% of my wages). When this blows over, my taxes will probably rise to pay for some people (not all) to take the piss.

The Government, feeling extra generous, have now employed thousands of people to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad the media have brought it up, imagine if they only reported on stories that made the Government look good. That would certainly suit the confirmation biases that are on display by the resident loony who would be the first to say "you make these claims, but they are not reported anywhere".

Watch as he replies with a waving smiley - the resident Oscar Wilde.